Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Final 12
08-10-2006, 09:06 AM
The Final 12

I'd go along with most of the choices.

I've got reservations about the Unconventionals as, although they're good, I just can't see that they'll have a wide appeal. Same goes for the guy with the long hair in Sharon's group. He just seemed like a poor Joe Cocker to me.

I liked the scottish brothers and the young girl from Scotland whose mother died. What's her connection with the woman from Sharon's group who didn't get through? Ray seems like a nice fella but I just don't think he'll cut it in the live shows. He reminds me of a cross between Malcom in the Middle, Robbie Williams and the kid who did the yellow pages adverts years ago when he had to stand on the yellow pages to kiss the girl.

As a bitchy aside, did you see the size of the black guy's girlfriend in Sharon's group??:shocking:
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2006, 10:20 AM
The Final 12
hey! us fat girls deserve love too!! :boxing:

I thought most of the choices were good too. I would have been severly pee'd off if young Sean had gone through - don't think I could have beared watching him disintergrate in front of the camera every week!

I thought the two black brothers should have gone through rather than the "subsitute" boy band - that thin one gives me the creeps. I didn't rate the boy band who - shock! horror! - cheated much either. I also thought the three black girls should have gone through rather than the Unconventionals - who I have re-named the Uglies! gosh aren't I rude!

Personally I would have thought the two black brothers stood a good chance of winning the competition for Louis - also it would have been a finger up to the two white brothers who were with them originally and were a right pair of ****s! ... but I bow to Louis superior knowledge!!

I like Nikita very much - she just seems such a lovely person and has a great natural voice and manner about her - but having said that I don't want to hear about her mum "watching over her" every blooming week!
08-10-2006, 10:30 AM
The Final 12
I'll be glad when the sing-offs start. I can't really get enthusiastic about anyone this year and all the dramatic long pauses, sadly shaking of heads and then .... "you're through" is spoiling it for me. It's been overdone IMHO.

I'll get more into it when we hear what they can do with full orchestra and a whole song. Plus, I might start remembering who's who Blush
08-10-2006, 11:24 AM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2006 11:28 AM by maxine.)
The Final 12
Dolores Wrote:I thought the two black brothers should have gone through rather than the "subsitute" boy band - that thin one gives me the creeps.

Hey! Us thin people deserve love too!:wink_kiss Mind you, he looks anorexic to me.

There was no way Sean would've stood the test of the live shows but I did have a soft spot for him. Such a sweet boy without a bad bone in his body imho.
08-10-2006, 05:54 PM
The Final 12
I really liked 4 sure, Ben and Nikita they were ones I had picked from the early rounds so I was pleased they all got through.

Ben (the long haired one) wasn't so good last night but we only hear a little bit of what they have done to get through so I hope he does well live.

Nikita is the niece of the one that didn't get through in Sharons group but the aunt was truly delighted that Nikita got through.

Sean although a sweet lad was not ready to go any further and looked relieved when he was told he hadn't made it.

I remember remarking about Roberts wife in the early rounds, my 9 year old grandaughter was watching it with me and said "but nanny you've always said its whats on the inside of people that counts not what they look like", it brought me down to size swiftly.
Find all posts by this user
09-10-2006, 09:46 AM
The Final 12
Dolores Wrote:I didn't rate the boy band who - shock! horror! - cheated much either. !

How did they cheat ? I watched the first of Saturdays shows, but i didnt see the selection process, so i dont really know who is 'in' and who is 'out'.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
09-10-2006, 04:47 PM
The Final 12
Bonsai Wrote:How did they cheat ?

something to do with already being signed up to someone else - which is apparently against the rules. I think they were also signed by someone who used to work on the X-factor, which was probably doubly galling and embarrasing to the show!
09-10-2006, 09:20 PM
The Final 12
i have only half been watching this on saturday as i had friends round, but i was gobsmacked when the cute guy in sharons group never got through!! granted i havent heard him sing but he's so sweet being a carer for his mum!! and he is really cute!! godammit!!!!

kookycat? she makes exceedingly good posts

[Image: pot002.gif]

[Image: egg03061.gif]
09-10-2006, 11:59 PM
The Final 12
Critique Wrote:I'll be glad when the sing-offs start. I can't really get enthusiastic about anyone this year and all the dramatic long pauses, sadly shaking of heads and then .... "you're through" is spoiling it for me. It's been overdone IMHO.

I'll get more into it when we hear what they can do with full orchestra and a whole song. Plus, I might start remembering who's who Blush

Hello Critique,

Well the strange thing is this year X factor intends going out with a bang so the contestants may get to perform with some real musicians instead of a karoake or backing disc.

Sadly, I feel it has already been on to long.

Strictly come dancing looks like it may pip the X factor again with regards to viewing figures and voting.

I temporarily can't remember the name of the group that have been disqualified but as they'd terminated a management contract with an A & R person within Shalit Global after having been selected to the final 7 or 8. This has been a mistake. I would imagine they may be reluctant to take them back having shown an interest in the X factor.

Do you think Avenue deserved to be disqualified? I personally think they did but can understand why they entered the X factor auditions, publicity, publicity publicity. It will be even more interesting if this group end up with a career in music, especially as the boy band era is so very much yesterday.

MAUREEN
NORTHERN ANGEL.

:party2: :sunb: :wine: :artist: :laugh:
10-10-2006, 07:29 AM
The Final 12
Okay, here's my take. Simon made exactly the right choices and Ii predict that Ray will win the whole competition.

Sharon also picked the right 4, but the girl in the wheelchair is a tactical thing. Sharon's far too savvy to drop a disabled person with a sob story, so instead she keeps her in, which means that at some point, either Louis or Simon will have to kick her off the show to save one of their own acts - making them the bad guys and losing them a lot of public support. Sharon sobs a bit and comes out smelling sweeter than a sweetshop.

Louis made completely the wrong choices IMO. The Brothers should have stayed in, the DollyRockers, although being the least talented, were absolutely the most marketable. The two scottish brothers were dull and ugly, and I suspect Louis sympathised with them becasue fo that. but after watching Louis' choices, both Cockers and I were convinced he was throwing the show - picking the worst acts to go through, but we couldn't work out why. Then the story about the boy band came out and it started to make sense....

It could be alleged, that Louis was in on the deal with their existing manager (who ised to work on X Faxtor) and was picking weaker acts to make the boy band appear better in comparison then they actually were. He knows he can managed boy bands exceptionally well and stood a good chance of taking them to the final and then making lots of money out of them. Didn't anyone else think that the when he confronted them about lying, they looked a bit shocked when they said "but we were told not to say anything"? Told by who? Hmmm??? I smell a large grey furry rodent, so I do.

Out of the bands that he does have, he'll mismanage them by making them all sing middle of the road easy listening radio 2 songs and they'll all be rubbish because of it.

Here endeth my first set of predictions. :pimp:

Bollox to potplants

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Tonights Final Bonsai 26 6,480 24-12-2006 07:35 PM
Last Post: Coastie
  Semi-Final 9th December Patsy 33 7,823 19-12-2006 01:33 PM
Last Post: Coastie
  The Final. discuss Bob 37 4,460 22-12-2005 05:03 PM
Last Post: bridge
  What songs would you like to hear in the final? floopy 3 1,199 15-12-2005 06:32 PM
Last Post: mazwad
  Who's going to win the final? Who do you think should win? Dolores 7 1,480 15-12-2005 06:29 PM
Last Post: mazwad
  The final three... Kittencat 6 1,459 11-12-2005 08:07 PM
Last Post: Northern angel
  Final 21 Fee For All 11 3,451 04-10-2005 10:34 PM
Last Post: Mancunian89
  *SPOILER* The Songs for 11/12/04.....The Final Sylvia in Stilettoes 16 2,395 12-12-2004 10:00 AM
Last Post: Dolores
  Tonights show..THE FINAL.. Cat 39 3,719 12-12-2004 09:25 AM
Last Post: Dolores
  Final Three - Who Do You Want To Win? Scooby 22 3,383 03-12-2004 12:17 AM
Last Post: Mandyb