Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Future.....
04-08-2005, 05:21 PM
The Future.....

After reading several comments on here about how low Endemol have stooped with the contestants they chose for this year and the different formats of each Big Brother, have you any suggestions for how they could revive the public interest in BB.

I was discussing this with Mr B last night and suggested an all couples series. They could have 5 or 6 different types of couples on there to see how that works, i.e a same sex couple, a hetro couple, pofessional no kids type etc.....

What thinks you all???

and should I really get out more?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2005, 05:49 PM
The Future.....
I really don't think the format needs to be changed much...just focus on really good casting.

I like to label this season of BB as Big Bitching...as that's just about all this season has been about.

They need to get more people who aren't so focused on manipulating to win...but to just have fun for a few months.

None of the winners have really been "game players"...so i don't get why all the people this year think they are going to win if they just make it to the end by manipulating their housemates so they don't get put up for nomination....they've got to win the public over too and none of the houseguests this year have been able to do that to the degree of previous winners...

The only idea I have is to do the same as they did in Australia a couple summers ago...split the house into two at the beginning and have two houses of 6 or 7....have them live like that for a few weeks...then tear down the wall separating them. It adds a bit of excitement as the new housemates are able to get to know new people part way thru and reenergize them...keeps it from being the same people talking or arguing all the time.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-08-2005, 05:54 PM
The Future.....
Islandman Wrote:The only idea I have is to do the same as they did in Australia a couple summers ago...split the house into two at the beginning and have two houses of 6 or 7....have them live like that for a few weeks...then tear down the wall separating them. It adds a bit of excitement as the new housemates are able to get to know new people part way thru and reenergize them...keeps it from being the same people talking or arguing all the time.

I like this idea IM, it would keep it fresh and interesting for a lot longer. Not keen on the couples thing.

But they do have to do something different now, almost step back. As I have said before...how about some 'normal' people that arn't out to shock. Oh for a lovely Spencer to oggle - I would take up fishing for that man...yes I would.
04-08-2005, 06:43 PM
The Future.....
Islandman Wrote:I really don't think the format needs to be changed much...just focus on really good casting.

I think you have hit the nail on the head - just get normal nice people in - thing is being in that sort of atmosphere for any length of time is going to bring out foibles in even Mother Superior!!

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

04-08-2005, 06:47 PM
The Future.....
Flip Wrote:I think you have hit the nail on the head - just get normal nice people in - thing is being in that sort of atmosphere for any length of time is going to bring out foibles in even Mother Superior!!

I think they thought they got "normal nice" people for BB4 which "normal nice" Cameron won. I thought they were all pretty boring and too far up their on backsides, far too aware of what they were doing.

To be honest I think BB has run it's course. It's getting a bit wearing seeing all these egos paraded on tv night after night, when as far as I can judge perhaps the only two who have achieved anything in life outside of BB are Derek, Eugnene and Makosi. All the others seem to be completely empty.

....and I don't beleive that Craig has his own salon, or if he does, I refuse to beleive that it is running at a profit!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
04-08-2005, 06:52 PM
The Future.....
I'd have them go for more of an age difference.

We have a surfeit of the 19 through 24 group at the moment, which maybe reflects the viewing public (?), but it would be fun to have a mix, say 20, 22, 24, 26, 28, 30, 32, 34, 36, 38, 40, 42, 44, 46. With that spread, you won't get a young or old grouping so well defined as present.

Just an idea. As entertaining as Kinga is, its only for those with short attention spans, and maybe thats the majority unfortunately - dunno.
04-08-2005, 07:12 PM
The Future.....
you stole my topic :boxing:

[Image: pflogolil.jpg]
04-08-2005, 07:13 PM
The Future.....
Cookie Wrote:you stole my topic :boxing:

you have to watch her cookie ... she's like that with drinks aswell!! :bag:

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
04-08-2005, 07:16 PM
The Future.....
I tjhink they shouldnt allow anyone under 30 into the house, that way we wouldnt be subject to such binge drinking abnd subsequent "endemol shouldnt have allowed it" type witterings.

Having said that I dont want to watch nice normal people drinking coffee and chatting about the weather. Give me a feisty 60 year old granny and a 45 year old twice divorced bitter old villain going at it hammer and tongs.

Oops I think I just described my husband
:bag:

Bollox to potplants
Find all posts by this user
04-08-2005, 07:35 PM
The Future.....
well seeing my topic has been stolen and boycotted for this imposter topic here is my lil reply:

cant stick a load of fogies in there would be boring. Just go some normal people in there! - o and btw stereotyping is bad! - im 21 and i dont binge drink....(on weekdays) :kid:

A friend of mine came up with a funny idea:

Theres 2 BB houses one with all the crazy loony choones in and one with a bunch of normal people in.

The normal house people get to watch the loonie house and take the **** and do their own thing as well and the loonie house isnt actually shown on tele properly (only when the other house is watchingthem i.e. you can see the screen in the normal house but BB doesnt actually cut to them live).

When BB is finished the loony house will all think they're going to come back out to the public with dodgey singing contracts and stuff but they'll be commpletely ignored as their house wasnt watched by the public and the normal house was! teehee!

Teach those attention seeking wannabes a lesson :devil:

[Image: pflogolil.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Eugene The Future.. Cat 4 1,066 19-08-2005 11:47 PM
Last Post: Andrea