Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Guardian
27-10-2006, 12:29 PM
The Guardian

The Guardian - Kevin Costner and some young bloke...

Take your brain out and go with it and you'll have a ball!

Young bloke plays a lad who wants to become a U.S. Coastguard rescue swimmer but he has issues...

Costner plays a heroic rescue swimmer forced into taking a time out from the front line and thrown into the training school for rescue swimmers after his entire crew are killed during a rescue.

Costner and young bloke clash from the start but the remains a level of respect.

You get to see lots of buff blokes in swim gear and there's plenty of action to go around.

Not quite how the guys this side of the pond do it but a good insihgt into the American method of search and rescue.

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-10-2006, 05:10 PM
The Guardian
Or Hollywood's take on their way of doing things, eh Coaster.

I was thinking of taking the boys to see it this half term, but they weren't fussed. Did I miss much? Apart from Ashton Kutcher in his Speedos, of course.
Find all posts by this user
27-10-2006, 05:17 PM
The Guardian
I paid a visit to the L.A. Air sea rescue base and it has to be said much of what was on the screen was as they described it with a bit of dramatic licence re the size of the waves and totty...I had a few nit picks with the film logistically regarding the initial crash n stuff but otherwise thoroughly enjoyed it as a way of removing brain for a couple of hours and going with the choppy flow! (Prefer Kevin Costner to young bloke myself...:naughty: )

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user