Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Importance of You
03-02-2005, 06:24 PM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2005 06:24 PM by Coastie.)
The Importance of You

Just thinking about some of the comments in the Paul Burrell thread etal where people have stuck to their guns and not been swayed by the populus with regards to their opinions.

What type of person are you?

Do you follow fashion because it looks good or simply because everyone else is doing it?

Do you openly express an opinion which goes against your true feelings simply because you don't want to rock the boat?

Do you stand the morale high ground when all others dwell in the valley?

I personally have my view and every one is entitled to it....

I am happy to stand alone if I honestly believe what I have to say is correct.

I do not suffer fools lightly and will say something if a muppet crosses my path.

On the same note I can take critism, weigh it up and make it work for me and not break me......

Basically I am happy with who I am and don't give much of a toot what other people think.....my life is that simple :cool2:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2005, 07:24 PM
The Importance of You
Good thread Coastie!

Do you follow fashion because it looks good or simply because everyone else is doing it?

I hardly follow fashion at all. I have my own style of dressing that I am very happy with. I dress to what suits me, not anyone else.

Do you openly express an opinion which goes against your true feelings simply because you don't want to rock the boat?

I used to be somewhat like that, but definitely not now. I stand by what my opinion is now, whether others agree with it or not. I guess you could say I have learnt to become true to myself.

Yep, 'fraid so. Smile

What I believe is what I believe, the same for everyone else, and I have respect for everybody elses opinions, and expect that same respect back.

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
03-02-2005, 07:28 PM
The Importance of You
I'm a complete and utter chameleon I'm afraid!

Although I have opinions and stances I tend to blend with whatever people want me to think, not in an overt way, more of a covert way by not expressing my true feelings.

Sometimes I think I'm two faced because of it.

Sometimes I think I'm virtuous not to get embroiled in confrontation,

But mainly I know in a state of conflict you can get a better position and learn alot more about your foes by running with the hares and hunting with the hounds! (I think I've got that right!?!?).

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
03-02-2005, 07:37 PM
The Importance of You
I have my own fashion here on Planet Queenie Blush and there are many that would scoff at the words "fashion" and "queeenie" being used in the same sentance....namely my designer clad sisters! I wear what I like, as long as I feel comfortable, I couldnt give a toss if i am clad in designer or Asda, as long as I like it and it looks good on me then im happy....Big Grin

[b]Do you openly express an opinion which goes against your true feelings simply because you don't want to rock the boat?

years ago yes, when i was young and stupid, now, no, if i believe in something and feel strongly about something then i will say so, i think that you learn this as you get older, i also feel that others are entitled to their opinions and that we should all respect others points of views even if we dont agree with them, although i get annoyed when people dont give that respect back to me :mad2: Blush
[/font]

[b]Do you stand the morale high ground when all others dwell in the valley?
[/b]
[font=Comic Sans MS]hell yes!

[/b]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
[Image: isis.gif]
Find all posts by this user
03-02-2005, 07:48 PM
The Importance of You
Not generally, but I do tend to do fashionable accessories (shoes and bags) rather then fashion clothing. Clotheswise I buy what suits me, but accessorywise, hell yeah.

Nope, nada, never. I really don't see the point in doing that - if the boat's unstable I think you're always best off knowing. Ocassionally I don't bite when I relly want to though, for the sake of peace and harmony - hard to believe I know :devil:

Moral? Moi? I think I live on my own moral planet, the rest of you aliens can do as you please.

Bollox to potplants
03-02-2005, 10:59 PM
The Importance of You
[QUOTE=Coastie]Do you follow fashion because it looks good or simply because everyone else is doing it?

I don't consciously follow fashion, but am forced to to an extent because the places I shop in don't sell anything other than current stuff. But, I will only buy something if its comfortable and I think it looks good on me. E.g. I don't care how trendy Ugg Boots are, I think they look nasty, are very impracticle and make my legs look short.

I have never done this. I would rather not express an opinion, than speak in a way that I don't believe in. I'm not sure that I could do it even if I tried, and actually think that anyone who could do this effectively is probably a master of deception and should be universally admired.

I think the moral high ground is a dangerous place to be. Opinion on the basis of experience is one thing - moral argument on the basis of doctrine is quite another. Knowledge is the best foundation for any opinion or argument.

I am happy to stand alone if I honestly believe what I have to say is correct.

Yup - been there. Done that. And I've been proved wrong more than once and vindicated more than once.

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
03-02-2005, 11:24 PM
The Importance of You
I ceased following fashion in the "victim" sense at least when I left school. I've always maintained my individuality and I'm proud of myself for that because it is "the easy thing" to follow the sheep and adopt herd mentalities. No thank you, not this person.....
When there is something to be said, say it, but employ tact (it's an asset - not a means of a tricky way out of a situation) when you know that it may possibly affect the recipient's feelings in negative fashion.

Maintain your own moral standards, but show respect and consideration for other peoples opinions and differences.

....Hallelujah!!

:sun: w o o d s t o c k:beer:
"I'm not a bird, I'm a festival!" :bored:
03-02-2005, 11:55 PM
The Importance of You

Nope, I buy/wear what I feel comfortable in and what I can afford. Although to some extent I don't think you can avoid it, because you are only buying what the shops sell.

No, in that situation I would probably sit quietly just listening to what everybody is saying. I don't like rocking the boat but I don't believe in saying something that I don't believe in.

I don't think I ever stand the moral high ground, but I have my own morals that I believe in, but everyone is entitled to their own beliefs.

I really don't give too much away about my inner feelings, I think only my hubby knows what I am really feeling.
04-02-2005, 08:18 AM
The Importance of You
Quote:but show respect and consideration for other peoples opinions and differences.
woodstock
Morphs signature???

you showed respect and consideration how???

Quote:utter codswallop

not too respectful is it???
04-02-2005, 09:15 AM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2005 09:17 AM by Cockney.)
The Importance of You

I don’t follow fashion I make my own

Never

[b]Do you stand the morale high ground when all others dwell in the valley?
[/b]

No

Because morals change with society as time moves on and what was wrong before is now right

Morals are rules and doctrine made for the feeble minded who need to be told how to behave and what is acceptable

If you are intelligent and reasonable you don’t need them

You would not steal or hurt someone because you understand the repercussions of those actions
the not so bright among you are thinking jail but what I mean is the pain and hurt that you would cause not just to the victim but to your self and most people can not understand that
we all have the ability to asses the situation and to make up our own mind life is Gray not black and white and to stand by a rule because it is a rule is foolish if we all did that the code would never have change and some of the women on here would have been burnt at the stake or droned in the local duck pound for the things that they have said on here alone

You don’t need morals just treat others how you would like them to treat you
And the world will be a better place to live by that I will always stand

[b][i]Life is not that long [Image: 36_1_12.gif]
[/b][/i]