Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Incredibles (new Pixar animation)
08-11-2004, 09:57 PM

Well, I must say, I bloody love Pixar animations. Toy Story, Monsters inc, Finding Nemo etc were all brilliant so I am really looking forward to their newest venture "The Incredibles", a story about a family of undercover superheros trying to live a normal life until they are forced to save the world.
It's already doing extremely well in USA and is set for realease over here pretty soon I think.
Anyone else intrested in this?

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2004, 10:51 PM
Yeah, it looks like it could be good. I saw the trailer when I went to see Shark Tale. It made me chuckle and looks like there are lots of 'adult' jokes, so it's not just one for the kids! Smile
08-11-2004, 10:52 PM
Absolutely Peej. I also enjoyed all the other Pixar/disney films (on an aside, I thought that disney and pixar had stopped making films together, obviously not)
But I was reading a review in the telegraph and it was praising the film totally.
A definate one for me to take the kids to.
08-11-2004, 11:59 PM
I've just watched Jonathon Ross talking about this film and Pixar in general ... and I now really want to see The Incredibles.

In fact, Pixar looks such a great company I'm closing SO and going to work for them. :wave:
09-11-2004, 07:18 AM
I JUST LURVE PIXAR FILMS!!

I must have seen toy story a thousand times and each time I catch a funny that I missed. Nemo is on almost every day here....when big fish eats up Coral and the babies it makes 2 year old cry every time. I love the little trailer on Nemo re snowman trying to get out, it was one of the first films they made.

The trailer for Incredibles is on Nemo and yes we will be going to see that.

Shark Tail wasn't Pixar was it??? Much prefered Nemo....the shrimp 'Ahr! Bonjour'.

Smile
18-11-2004, 07:20 PM
i saw it last night and tres bien. very funny and like i said in my general superheroes thread the eccentric designer edna was the best character of all.

kookycat? she makes exceedingly good posts

[Image: pot002.gif]

[Image: egg03061.gif]
28-11-2004, 10:15 AM
Me and my son went to see it yesterday and I found it incredibly boring, it had no charm, it went on too long, it wasn't very witty, the boring sequences were too long and the action sequences were too short. I was glad when it was over. very disappointing.

I too like Pixar, Toy Story I and II are both fabulous, Shrek (not Pixar) but still very clever, funny and witty was brillaint, but The Incredibles just didn't do it for me.

I kept waiting for the "good bits" to start and if I'd know how boring it was going to be I would have given in to my tiredness and nodded off for two hours!

My 10 year old son thought it was boring too - so it's not just that I'm an old fuddy duddy!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
10-12-2004, 08:48 PM
I really want to see the Incredibles! It looks Really funny from the clips i have seen! Is it any good? :excl:
28-12-2004, 09:14 AM
I went to see this film and it was really boring. It was too long and there were no really funny bits...in fact one of the funniest trailers wasn't even in the film! My 9 year old kept asking when it would be on and he spotted that it wasn't in the film.
Find all posts by this user
28-12-2004, 04:25 PM
We watched this over the weekend and I didn't really see all of it, just bits at a time, was doing other things in the house, but from what I saw, I wasn't that impressed with it.

I will have to watch it again and watch it from beginning to end, but the kids weren't that bothered about it either.

[Image: 429.gif]