Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Lazy Bints Guide to Housework
01-06-2005, 03:24 PM

Egged on by Cat (who will probably laugh if this thread falls flat on it's face) I want to hear all your housework get-outs.

I've already tried:

Get Well card at the ready for when visitors arrive unexpectedly. You lay back weakly on the sofa and claim that you've been too ill to do anything.

On hearing hubby's key in the lock you quickly stand by hoover and wind up the lead and wipe your brow as if you have just finished.

Spray furniture polish into the air - he will think you've been polishing everywhere (let's face it, they never notice the dust anyway).

Cat's suggestion:

Keep basket of laundry handy to hide magazines, choccies etc. in and answer the door carrying said basket, as if you have been sooo busy when you've really been reading a book and stuffing your face.

OK - any more out there ideas?:devil:
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2005, 03:29 PM
When you don't have time to bath baby, rub it's hair with a wet flannel with Johnsons Baby Shampoo on it. People always smell the head of a baby and your dirty baby will smell lovely and clean.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-06-2005, 03:32 PM
I favour moving house when the mess gets too unbearable. :w00t:

Alternatively, have the good fortune to marry a tidy and houseproud man who does the washing up without being asked. Wink
Find all posts by this user
01-06-2005, 03:39 PM
Bribe your teenagers to do it all for you - with you can stay up and watch so & so, you can stay out later etc etc
01-06-2005, 03:47 PM
Instant tidy bedroom:

Open top dressing table drawer and just swipe everything in there (make sure tops are on bottles first)

Kick everything on the floor under the bed but remember to retrieve old socks and pants before they blend in with the rest of the dust under there.

Open wardrobe and throw everything else that shouldn't be on show inside and lean on door to shut it.

Pull duvet cover up over crumpled pillows.

Spray liberally with deodorant
01-06-2005, 04:18 PM
Have problem - wardrobe, underneath bed and drawer is full and it keeps jumping out at me.
  • To the crease test on all cloths before purchasing (screw it up in hand, if its creases easy leave it), this saves hours of ironing.
    Hang all clothes up or fold them as soon as they come out of tumble dryer as they get less creases.
    If you can't avoid it, hand it up in the shower room and take a hot steamy shower, some of the creases will fall out, even better have a long soak in the bath.
    Keep birthday cards up for weeks - it saves you having to dust
    Also don't touch the dust, it looks worse when someones finger is through it.
    Don't get dogs or children or husband - they make it all worse.
    Move in to student accomodation where uni does not trust you to clean so sends cleaning lady around once a week (although she doesn't do ironing)
01-06-2005, 04:26 PM
If clothes are a bit smelly - freshen up by popping into the tumble dryer with a sheet of bounce = good as new.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-06-2005, 04:30 PM
Critique Wrote:Instant tidy bedroom:

Open top dressing table drawer and just swipe everything in there (make sure tops are on bottles first)

Kick everything on the floor under the bed but remember to retrieve old socks and pants before they blend in with the rest of the dust under there.

Open wardrobe and throw everything else that shouldn't be on show inside and lean on door to shut it.

Pull duvet cover up over crumpled pillows.

Spray liberally with deodorant

So now I knowwhat you did yesterday. :wink2:
01-06-2005, 04:44 PM
Cat Wrote:If clothes are a bit smelly - freshen up by popping into the tumble dryer with a sheet of bounce = good as new.
Hmmm this explains a lot of things....like ooh blast where did that wet patch/stain come from.......gosh I must have sat in something on your chair :laugh:

Yeah right....now i know!!!
01-06-2005, 04:56 PM
Becks Wrote:To the crease test on all cloths before purchasing (screw it up in hand, if its creases easy leave it), this saves hours of ironing.

I so do this Big Grin

Becks Wrote:Hang all clothes up or fold them as soon as they come out of tumble dryer as they get less creases.

and this...

Becks Wrote:Also don't touch the dust, it looks worse when someones finger is through it.

and this Big Grin

Gel x