Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Monastery
10-05-2005, 05:39 PM
The Monastery

This three-parter starts on BBC2 at 9 tonight. Looks interesting. Five men searching for meaning in their lives accept a challenge from the Benedictine monks of Worth Abbey in Sussex: for the next 40 days and nights they will live by the order's rules. I'll take a look, I think.
Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2005, 05:45 PM
The Monastery
I heard about this on the local radio station this morning Dab, so it must be quite near me.... but honestly don't know where Worth Abbey is!
10-05-2005, 05:46 PM
The Monastery
I Saw It In The Listings Last Night....might Check It Out!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-05-2005, 06:26 PM
The Monastery
It's here apparently ils.

Creepey Crawley :laugh:

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
Find all posts by this user
10-05-2005, 06:33 PM
The Monastery
Fee For All Wrote:It's here

apparently ils.

Creepey Crawley :laugh:

Cheers Fee :laugh:
10-05-2005, 09:25 PM
The Monastery
I earmarked this one to watch - and I caught most of the second part of it. It is looking interesting and thought provoking. I have been watching the trailers and interviews on various chat shows about it - and I was wanting to see the life changing religious experience the blonde chap went through - but they didn't show it tonight - must be next week.

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

11-05-2005, 05:58 AM
The Monastery
I WATCHED IT!!! Was going to watch something on the other side but this sucked me in.

I found in compulsive viewing and very thought provoking. 5 totally different chaps all with different reasons for being there.

Not sure of names yet, but the one who has already spent time in a Buddist Monestery is the one who going to be most disillusioned I feel, as he is so set in his ways already with his own interpretations. The blonde one (HOW TALL IS HE 9"!!) is the one to watch....he is really opening himself up to see what happens. The little Irish Rogue is just glad to be somewhere where he is accepted. Really don't know why Anthony (the coloured chap) is there, he seems so far up his own bottom, but maybe there are underlying reasons why...started to touch on this last night - his mother never showed him love.
The final chap has just slotted in like he was always there - appart from being disobedient and sleeping during the silence.

I liked the monks, good characters.

Very interesting, I recommend it.

The End
11-05-2005, 07:45 AM
The Monastery
I enjoyed it too, Cat. I was very interested in the Irish guy, moved by his openness and honesty, and impressed with the others allowing him emotional space and time when he nearly broke down.
11-05-2005, 12:04 PM
The Monastery
Fascinated me - I think the Irish guy will have a cathartic experience. The beardy one from the Marines - never really showed much about him, perhaps more will emrge next week. I loved the rather aggressive blond one (Tony?) - he is asking all 'the standard questions' although in a polite manner. The monks are kindly but you can see the steel in Luke and Christopher (the Abbot?) - they are no pushovers and I think will force the participants to confront their inner demons.
Loved the 'monk-rage' anecdote!
Find all posts by this user
11-05-2005, 07:05 PM
The Monastery
I wanted to watch this, it was down in my TV mag as being on BBC1 at 9pm, I taped it but when I came to watch it it was that ha ha hee hee thing :wallbash:

The winner says it may be difficult but it is possible; the loser says it may be possible but it is too difficult
:yahoo: He's here!