Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Nintendo Wii
06-12-2006, 10:47 AM
The Nintendo Wii

Can anyone tell me what this is and what it does and if it's worth getting one for my boys?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2006, 10:51 AM
The Nintendo Wii
This is the next one up from the gamecube and instead of controlling movements by pressing a button, you control it by waving the controller in the direction etc you want anything to move. It looks like it will be big, but personally I'd rather just press a button.

It's a tricky one, I know we will probably end up with one, but Playstation 3 is also coming out in March of next year. If you can afford both go ahead, but Playstation do seem to have more variety of games.

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-12-2006, 11:07 AM
The Nintendo Wii
Thanks Tiggs. I had already kind of ruled out getting them a PS3, because I didn't think they would really benefit for the extra features. They have the PS2, which we use as a portable dvd player when we go away. Is there an MP3 player too? If so, they wouldn't really be interested in that either; my youngest has one and my eldest just wouldn't use it.

I was thinking of getting them a Nintendo DS each, but just came across this.
06-12-2006, 11:21 AM
The Nintendo Wii
I'm not sure about an MP3 player. As for the Nintendo DS, my daughter wants one of them badly too, but unfortunately it was a choice of an IPod or DS and the IPod won as she is taking a 24 hour coach trip to Prague this summer.

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
06-12-2006, 11:56 AM
The Nintendo Wii
I think you will have trouble getting one of these for Xmas Patsy. I would love one, but i think there are now waiting lists (i could be wrong).

I know you had to pre order them in a lot of places, and even they aren't guaranteed them for Christmas delivery.

They look great fun though :w00t:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
06-12-2006, 12:07 PM
The Nintendo Wii
You could try ordering from The Game website rather than going to one of their shops. We tried to get a much demanded game last week for our son from one of the shops and finally one nice salesman told us it is a lot easier to order from the website.

06-12-2006, 12:10 PM
The Nintendo Wii
I don't think getting hold of one is the problem. I'm just trawling through the interweb to find out exactly what is included and how much accessories are. I gather there is only one remote control, so for both boys to be able to play, presumably I would need to get another one, which is £35!!
06-12-2006, 01:24 PM
The Nintendo Wii
Word of warning regards the Wii...make sure you have a big enough room to play it in! As it monitors your movements etc. the delivery of kicks and punches can lead to flying ornaments and spilt hot drinks...aswell as extreme exhustion and total collapse!
Huh

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
13-12-2006, 03:32 PM
The Nintendo Wii
So Patsy, have you got a Wii? If so, where did you buy it from??

Coastie - you're right, there have been lots of accidents attributed to Wiis. This web site is full of documented Wii accidents. http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com
Highlights for me...
The lady with the black eye after her bf punched her - wow! that is one hell of a shiner.
The guy who recreated on a Etch-a-Sketchthe how the Wii controller smashed his tv.

Haydon

[Image: pot001.gif]jobs kent
13-12-2006, 04:34 PM
The Nintendo Wii
No, I didn't go for a Wii in the end (see what I did there?).

I would rather wait until I know how good they are. The discussion with the kids did encourage them to get the I-Toy out of its box for the first time in years, so it wasn't all in vain.