Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The People's Court.
19-04-2005, 10:11 AM
The People's Court.

I found this on ITV this morning straight after Lorraine Kelly on GMTV. It was hilarious, it is presented by Carole Smillie and presided over by the ever so yummy, Judge Jerome QC.

But the funny bit was I honestly thought it was Mr and Mrs Dab taking part.

The story goes that Fred and Anne [Mr and Mrs Dab], who had been married 24 years, both gave up smoking a while back, and they started to save the money they spent on ciggies. When a large amount had been amassed, Fred decided he wanted to publish a book he had written. So Anne had agreed that some of the moeny could be spent on this publishing, but in return Fred was to dedicate the book to his wife. Well he forgot - and so she brought him to the People's Court to get the money back from him that he spent on publishing the book - because he broke his side of the bargain.

They were a lovely couple and took the whole thing with humour and friendship. The People's Court found in favour of Anne and awarded her 300 pounds so that she could go on holiday to Spain. And Fred was to get one of the books and write in a special dedication to his wife Anne.

It is quite funny to watch - anyone else seen it yet??

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2005, 10:19 AM
The People's Court.
:unsure: Er, yes, Mrs Dab and I saw it. She liked it and I didn't, much, but I don't think either of us thought it was us on there... :laugh:
19-04-2005, 10:22 AM
The People's Court.
dab Wrote::unsure: Er, yes, Mrs Dab and I saw it. She liked it and I didn't, much, but I don't think either of us thought it was us on there... :laugh:

LOL - I know, you are far hairier for a start!!! :laugh:

No, it was the similarities of being married for 24 years and Fred writing a book!

19-04-2005, 10:36 AM
The People's Court.
...and we married very young, of course. Smile
19-04-2005, 10:36 AM
The People's Court.
I bet it was you Dab but you don't want to admit it as you lost

[Image: 36_18_2.gif]

[b][i]Life is not that long [Image: 36_1_12.gif]
[/b][/i]
Find all posts by this user
19-04-2005, 10:41 AM
The People's Court.
Cockney Wrote:I bet it was you Dab but you don't want to admit it as you lost

[Image: 4.gif]

The saddest thing is that he paid a vanity publisher hundreds of quid to see himself in print. That's something even my vanity wouldn't stretch to.
19-04-2005, 11:16 AM
The People's Court.
dab Wrote:[Image: 4.gif]

The saddest thing is that he paid a vanity publisher hundreds of quid to see himself in print. That's something even my vanity wouldn't stretch to.

I can never understand that

I knew a guy once he won £100,000 and spent it all on having a record cut and presented

It got nowhere but I could have told him that for much less

Lots of professionals told him in fact that this would be the case but he would not listen to anyone the fool

What a waste of money

If you’re good enough someone who knows what they are doing will invest in you

[b][i]Life is not that long [Image: 36_1_12.gif]
[/b][/i]
19-04-2005, 12:09 PM
The People's Court.
I caught the end of this on Monday......do you remember the programme 'What the Butler Saw'?
Sylvia and Seamus were on it - something to do with her using his car. Evidently they have been separated for 6 months! And, yes......she is still just as awful!!
20-04-2005, 09:05 AM
The People's Court.
Ninety cats!!! In a semi!!! :shocking:

Where do these people come from..?

Something's been niggling me about this programme, and this "case" is a prime example. It's this: this is not a court of law - it's entertainment(ish) - and there is no legal obligation on either side to abide by any decision or finding. So when you get someone so... detached... as to think that keeping ninety bloody cats in a semi is perfectly reasonable, then it's fair to assume that they won't abide by the "finding".

Okay, rant over. I've got to stop watching this stuff. :laugh:
20-04-2005, 03:12 PM
The People's Court.
dab Wrote:Ninety cats!!! In a semi!!! :shocking:

Where do these people come from..?

Something's been niggling me about this programme, and this "case" is a prime example. It's this: this is not a court of law - it's entertainment(ish) - and there is no legal obligation on either side to abide by any decision or finding. So when you get someone so... detached... as to think that keeping ninety bloody cats in a semi is perfectly reasonable, then it's fair to assume that they won't abide by the "finding".

Okay, rant over. I've got to stop watching this stuff. :laugh:

Oh Dab do tell!!

I was rushing out this morning and only caught the very beginning of this - WHO WON??? And what did they have to do??

I know what you are saying - this is in no way a legal court, purly entertainment - but apparently they have to abide by the rules of the programme!! This obviously is not binding by any stretch! But it is nevertheless hilarious!!!