Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Power of Perfume ????
20-04-2005, 10:17 PM

I buy perfume because I like the smell, not because anyone else might Wink

But, do some perfumes attract more attention than others?

Some time ago I was perusing some perfume and the assistant told me that if I bought it, I would be amazed at how many people would compliment me.
Thinking it was all sales talk, but liking the perfume, I bought it, and she was right, I have never gone out anywhere wearing it without someone saying something, asking what it is etc....the last time was when I was walking through the park and a rather bedraggled looking wino sat on a bench called out after me 'Bl**dy hell lady, you smell gorgeous'... I was quite flattered that he called me a lady! lol.

So, what does it for you ?

M

Intergalactic Space Cat

[Image: wildchild.jpg]
Home of Jimi, the Wild Child.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
20-04-2005, 10:22 PM
Marmoset Wrote:I buy perfume because I like the smell, not because anyone else might Wink

So do I!

I never go out with out any on as I don't feel dressed with out a little spray of perfume....

Oh and the perfume I wear is J'adore!
20-04-2005, 10:23 PM
I buy perfume for me too.

One I have though - Calyx by Prescriptives - always generates comments* from both men and women.

* good comments :laugh:

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
Find all posts by this user
21-04-2005, 07:07 AM
Oooh I love perfume, I have about 10 different signature scents, depending on my mood :w00t: .

For daytimes I usually wear Lancome Miracle or Clinique Happy Heart, although I'm currently going through a Clarins Eau Dynamisante phase cos I've got a shedload of it which needs using.

For evenings I chose between Ralph Lauren Romance (for romantic evenings, cos that was my wedding perfume), Jean Paul Gaultier Glamour (cos Cockney bought it for me and it comes in a snowshaker type funky bottle) or the other one which I can't remember the name of but smells of violets and velvet, darn it. :angry:

Bollox to potplants
21-04-2005, 07:29 AM
Bulgari - just remembered. It's lovely.

Bollox to potplants
21-04-2005, 09:10 AM
I adore perfume too, and often have a few on the go .... but i cant remember the names !!!

My three favs are Ralph Lauren Romance, Ralph Lauren Glamourous (although thats evening only as its quite powerful, and Clinique Happy which is more for every day.

I also have some cheaper ones from Next which i tend to wear when im just popping to Tescos or over the weekend Huh

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
21-04-2005, 09:17 AM
Marmoset Wrote:Thinking it was all sales talk, but liking the perfume, I bought it, and she was right, I have never gone out anywhere wearing it without someone saying something, asking what it is etc....

Marmoset, don't leave us hanging, tell us the name of this magic potion! :naughty:

I don't wear perfume very often, but when I do I like fresh florally citrus scents. Heavy "evening" perfumes don't suit me. My favourite perfume is My Manifesto by Isabella Rosselini.

I bought Mr Rothera Clinique's Happy for Men as a Christmas present. Mmm, I love it when he wears it. He smells so good... :hug: :naughty:
21-04-2005, 09:26 AM
Rothera Wrote:I bought Mr Rothera Clinique's Happy for Men as a Christmas present. Mmm, I love it when he wears it. He smells so good... :hug: :naughty:

Ooh, snap - Cockney wears that too. It's such a fresh clean lovely smell you just have to nuzzle them on the neck.

Also, Paul Smith London is on my shopping list for Cockney next time he needs any. Smells of lemon and mint. Sounds a bit odd but it's gorgeous.

Bollox to potplants
21-04-2005, 09:59 AM
I never, ever wear perfume.

Not 'cos I don't like it - I think it smells fab on other people - but I have yet to find a perfume that doesn't give me a raging headache if I wear it myself.

Shame really. I'd wuite like to wear it.

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
21-04-2005, 10:27 AM
Marmy I would be interested to hear the name of the one that gets the comments too!!

I only ever wear Guerlain Mitsouko or Guerlain Shalimar. I have for about 20+ years - I love them both and can never choose so often just close my eyes and pick up a bottle, or do 'Dip Doo Magazoo'.:laugh:

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Girl Power Fee For All 11 1,365 12-07-2007 07:06 PM
Last Post: Coastie