Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Race Question!
28-06-2005, 08:20 AM
The Race Question!

Certainly the house is divided by race and dare I say it that Saskia's lot feel a superiority over the "ethnic" group. Now that may be just that the UK is a white country overall and it is natural for the dominant race to feel so or it may be more sinister.

Saskia said last night something like "you have a chip on your shoulder (Makosi) like all your lot do"! - woops

I would imagine that with her friends Saskia has no time for "<insert your own racist moniker here>" and to a lesser extent Maxwell feels the same and Craig/Anthony. That is not to say they are all bad - Anthony and Craig come from areas where the population is mostly white and so have come up against different races less - no excuse for Max and Saskia but maybe familiarity breeds contempt.

The same works backwards for the other group who are also showing invert racism.

Discuss..?

What others think and say about you is none of your business. :ohmy:
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-06-2005, 08:27 AM
The Race Question!
Doesn't Saskia have parents of mixed race, she does have an ethnic look about her? I really wasn't surprised with "your lot" comment from Saskia, she has that sort of mentality. She really needs some anger management though, the way she was effing this and effing that last night clearly showed that she loses control very easily wheras Makosi was so relaxed and hardly every raised her voice.

Sorry IOW, realised I haven't really elaborated on what you posted about the race issue.

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
28-06-2005, 02:49 PM
The Race Question!
I don't think the initial divide of the group was intentional....I think it is just a natural thing to go towards similar people to yourself. I noticed this at my college...all the international students hung out with international students and all the white americans hung out with each other...it was a clear divide but it wasn't based upon racist thoughts...it was just what people naturally went towards.

My initial thought as to why Saskia's crew think they are superior is a result of the booing and cheering they heard during the one eviction night...which i think sort of escalated the divide between the groups. It may also be because of race...but i think more so on a subconscious level than an overt thought that they really are better than other races...
28-06-2005, 07:40 PM
The Race Question!
I'm half Timor and half Java, and I've seen nothing that I see as racism at all.

I think "you lot" just meant Team Saskia, either that or "you four ignorant gits", not sure I read anything into that otehr than the them and us thing that just happened to fall into "English white" vs "non English and/or less white". Craig is not exactly traditional though, and you can see he isn't always sure he's on the right side at times. Maxwell and Anthony are just the Dumb and Dumber sidekick act, and Saskia hooked up with Maxwell, thats all I see it as, then Craig maybe looked at the way the nominations were going and made a choice. I bet we see him switching now though.........

Just one (non English, less white) persons opinion........
28-06-2005, 07:48 PM
The Race Question!
I don't really think that the racism is overt - but I do feel that it is underlying - they are making no effort to speak to them in a civilised way and spend their time bitching about them. It would be interesting to see how many friends of ethnic origin any of "Team Saskia" have.

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?
28-06-2005, 08:09 PM
The Race Question!
I don't think there is any racist behaviour going on to be honest. Although I agree Rob I wouldn't imagine that say Maxwell has many black brethern amongst his group of friends. And I do think that out of all of them Maxwell teeters on the brink of making racial comments but pulls himself up in time. As for Saskia she wouldn't care what colour some one was as long as they worshipped her! and i wouldn't think she's got many female friends of any colour!!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...