Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Random Twitterings of a Vacant Mind
02-11-2004, 06:00 AM

To sleep depived to philosophy - Coastie dons a new hat and in the early hours gets deep and meaningful and morphs into 'The Sleepy Guru' ready to share her view on life, the universe and everything.....a bit at a time:

Todays lesson from Sleepy Guru:

If you're anchored in the past, you will never be able to soar into the future.

Although the lessons of the past should ensure that we do not make the same mistakes, it is important not to dwell on them as this leads to the fear of taking risks in the future.

If you don't take risks you will find yourself stuck in the rut of daily routine and hankering for the life you want but are to afraid to go for.

Be ready to seize the opportunities which come your way. If you miss the boat without good cause it can lead to regret which if dwelt upon for to long leads to a sense of self pity, so don't be afraid to go for it!

Follow your dreams even if you can only take tiny steps at any time towards achieving them.

Set realistic goals and reward yourself for acheiving them.

Go out and lead a full life....soar with the eagles and show the world what you can do. Big Grin

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2004, 03:57 PM
Pull up your bean bags and pour a glass of wine - The Sleepy Guru has more wise words in:

Lesson 2

Live for today and have hope for the future!

Instead of dreading the day ahead and no matter how hard it may be, rather than furrow your brow SMILE Big Grin in the morning as you wake!

Take every oportunity to enjoy even the smallest things as you go about your daily business. Face each challenge with gritted determination and reward your every achievement with a playful spin of the office chair or dance round the front room or simply a whoop for joy at what you have done.

Don't stop enjoying daily life because you're worried about what's going to happen in the future. Instead have hope that no matter what you go through in daily life you will continue to have the sun up in the sky, the birds up in the trees and all the other simple pleasures in life which are free to all.

If you enjoy the simple things in life then the big things will always overwhelm you! Wink

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
09-11-2004, 03:29 AM
The Sleepy Guru does poetry:

Across the fields wide and green
Over the sea of silence and dreams
Obove the mountains soaring high
And down to the forest floor I'll glide
Like an eagle born of the free
No heavy wieght to burden me
No broken wing to keep me down
No fragmented cause no furrowed brow
I am allowed to stretch my wings
I am able to go for things
I am quite capable to see
I am living, breathing and born to be free!

30-11-2004, 06:10 PM
Wide awake and whacked out.......

I am a big fan of the phrase - Seize the day!

I was talking to a few chums the other day about all those things you've always wanted to do and how many of them have you done.......One of the group was quite regretful that they hadn't taken oportunities as they had arisen for reasons that now seem so trivial (like her boyfriend didn't want her to go....he was history not long after and well she's regreted missing out ever since)......

I have been blessed with numerous oportunities in life to go out and do......and I have done them...I am about to seize another couple in the next couple of weeks.....

1 - Start learning to dive (for free)
2 - Visit Number 10 downing street
3 - Go into a big awards ceremony (National Theatre Awards)

I am totally psyched and can't wait.........

What would stop you from seizing the day?

03-12-2004, 04:50 AM
This thread can now be sent into the hole of oblivion.....I have discovered PING and no longer need this as an outlet for my wierd and wonderful imagination which actually scared me the other day.......

From now on I shall simply attack and innocent poster with random pings when I get the urge to waffle!

03-12-2004, 07:49 AM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo - stick to waffling in here!!!! :unsure: :unsure: :laugh:
16-12-2004, 03:41 PM
Bored, Bored, Bored
Bored, Bored, Bored, Bored
Bored, Bored, Bored, Bored, Bored, Bored, Bored, Bored
I am bored...bored, bored, bored, bored, bored
So...so....so...soo.soo.soo Bored!

Can I go home now....please! :sad:

16-12-2004, 03:52 PM
Coastie Wrote:Can I go home now....please! :sad:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :mad2:
16-12-2004, 05:34 PM
You're just being really mean.....

16-12-2004, 05:35 PM
Coastie Wrote:You're just being really mean.....

That's about the size of it :laugh:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Random SO stuff Dolores 9 2,592 29-09-2010 09:58 PM
Last Post: Bob
  Random Pictures...come hither. Cat 73 3,731 08-10-2006 09:20 PM
Last Post: Ziller