Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Restaurant
12-09-2008, 08:03 AM
The Restaurant

I really enjoyed this last time round, glad it's back for a second series.

The "family" couple who want to encourage children to eat same as adults are my favourites at the moment. Can't stand the First Class Air Stewards and not keen on the father and daughter team at the mo.

Haydon

[Image: pot001.gif]jobs kent
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2008, 09:53 AM
The Restaurant
The creepy dad and daughter team should have gone last night.

bam bam
Find all posts by this user
12-09-2008, 01:34 PM
The Restaurant
Oh I love this programmes and am glad others are watching it as well. I`ve not seen any of this years yet but will catch up in a day or 2 and then will comment
13-09-2008, 09:20 AM
The Restaurant
Well I can see why the mother and daughter team went. Fancy opening up a tin to serve to a Michellin chef :shock: they put no thought or effort into that at all
13-09-2008, 05:30 PM
The Restaurant
Mango Whizz my eye - that was embarrassing!

bam bam
13-09-2008, 07:57 PM
The Restaurant
Hey, wow, blow me down - a REALITY show that you people are all going nuts over. There's a surprise.

Take a look at the different threads in television that you people have talked about.

Big Brother, I'm A Celebrity, this garbage, The Apprentice, X Factor, Shipwrecked, Castaway, Hells Kitchen, Love Island..

In other words, "here at Surivior Online - if it's not some piece of **** reality show, we don't even know what it is."

Sickening. Absolutely SICKENING. For shame.

Don't abuse children, or else they'll turn out like me.
http://www.thecurmudgeon.proboards88.com - The site to save your life.
13-09-2008, 08:26 PM
The Restaurant
Hey, wow, blow me down.

Another post from The Curmudgeon ridiculing the people on this board.

How predictable. For shame.

bam bam
13-09-2008, 09:20 PM
The Restaurant
The Curmudgeon Wrote:Hey, wow, blow me down - a REALITY show that you people are all going nuts over. There's a surprise.

Take a look at the different threads in television that you people have talked about.

Big Brother, I'm A Celebrity, this garbage, The Apprentice, X Factor, Shipwrecked, Castaway, Hells Kitchen, Love Island..

In other words, "here at Surivior Online - if it's not some piece of **** reality show, we don't even know what it is."

Sickening. Absolutely SICKENING. For shame.

What shows in the last couple of years have you liked Mudge?

I'm intrigued.

You're not born lazy, it's an acquired skill

[Image: pot004.gif] [Image: egg03064.gif][Image: 90725.gif][Image: 79735.gif]
13-09-2008, 10:14 PM
The Restaurant
Well, hell Tiger Eye - give me a reason NOT to insult you all.

Mars - Dexter, 24, 4400, Smallville, Arrested Development, Flight of The Concordes, Mighty Boosh, Blade, Journeyman..

I'm not saying TV is bad if its not of the most high-brow standard (Smallville is intelligence insulting at the best of times), but its REAL TV. Real programs, real actors - something that will have a shelf life of more than five minutes.

Not just, "OK.. here's an idea. Its a plane, right? And we get nonebrities in it. Because morons LOVE semi-famous people. So we'll get that dick from Blazing Squad and that idiot from So Solid Crew - you know, the people that will appear in anything at anytime. And that's your television entertainment."

And people flock to these things time and time again. It's VILE.

Don't get me wrong; some people who aren't actors but "television personalities" make great TV too. Simon Cowell is responsible for the death of pop music as we know it, but he's funny and likeable on TV. Gordon Ramsey is passionate, knowledgable and deserves to be on television.

Not all "reality" based shows (before the word "reality" became another word for "cocaine-snorting attention starved cretin magnets") are bad. The F Word is a good show, for example. But I'm A Celebrity? That aeroplane thing? 10,000 other ones? Terrible.

Don't abuse children, or else they'll turn out like me.
http://www.thecurmudgeon.proboards88.com - The site to save your life.
14-09-2008, 11:55 AM (This post was last modified: 14-09-2008 11:58 AM by Mars.)
The Restaurant
Do you not think there's a place for some of these 'Vile' shows though? I'm A Celebrity, Big Brother etc ARE popular whether you like it or not. (and I'm not saying popular always equals good or means they are of quality, far from it).

I like drama, both thought-provoking (Criminal Justice, Shameless, that Moors Murderers one) and light and fluffy ones (Footballer's Wives, Lost to an extent)

I like documentaries (Dispatches) and Question Time-esque shows.

But I also really really enjoy The Apprentice, Big Brother and I'm A Celebrity. Why? Because I don't take it at all seriously, and, whilst I enjoy them, I wouldn't be devastated if they weren't there. I treat them as pure escapism, and don't care whether it is the most Z List celebrity possible, if they are entertaining me, they are entertaining me, nothing else.

Put simply, I don't think they are terrible. I don't think they are genius and revolutionary. They are entertainment shows. They entertain me and give me something to discuss should I choose. They also remind me why I would never go on a reality show!

What's so wrong with that?

You're not born lazy, it's an acquired skill

[Image: pot004.gif] [Image: egg03064.gif][Image: 90725.gif][Image: 79735.gif]