Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Royal Wedding
08-04-2005, 06:28 PM
The Royal Wedding

Will you be watching??

Are you planning anything out of the ordinary?

Is there a party in the air?

I will be watching, and I will be raising a refined glass of unmilked Darjeeling to the happy couple. I doubt tomorrow will be on the scale of Charles and Diana's wedding - but, I dare say, will be meant from the bottom of both hearts. I will toast them with much love and hope for happiness.

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2005, 06:34 PM
The Royal Wedding
N.F.I. .....

"You can put lipstick on a pig...but it's still a pig!!!"
Find all posts by this user
08-04-2005, 06:42 PM
The Royal Wedding
I was THERE for Andy and Fergies....when I worked in London at a hotel (with Patsy, but she didn't come). It was an electric day....we were up about 5am, caught the relevent tube, the image of Mad Lizzy (remember her - the original work out queen) doing her thing in Trafalger Square is etched on my brain.

We found our spot and guarded it from the pack of elderly ladies with a killer passion. When the guilt open topped coaches drove by I will never forget our Front Office Manager almost passing out as he screamed..."LIZZY"...."MAGGIE"...."ANDY"..etc.

We went for a liquid lunch in a small but throbbing pub, full of Australians....then re-emerged to watch the happy wedding pary wave from the balcony.

We retired happy and spent to our local that night.....where fortunately for me one of the earlier Australians I had me was there............
08-04-2005, 07:07 PM
The Royal Wedding
Nope, fraid not, although it's bound to be on when we get to my mum's so i guess we'll catch some of it.

Bollox to potplants
Find all posts by this user
08-04-2005, 07:51 PM
The Royal Wedding
sigh! i remember the Prince Charles and Diana wedding! glory days! me and my boyfriend turned the tv off and had sex ALL day. sigh!

Somehow I doubt I will be doing the same for Charles and Cam - so I may even watch a snippet on tv and remember more raunchy times!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
08-04-2005, 09:02 PM
The Royal Wedding
I'll be watching.
I'm not really sure why, but I'll probably have it on.
And I am going out tomorrow night, so maybe a glass or two of wine could be consumed :wink2:

[Image: 429.gif]
08-04-2005, 09:22 PM
The Royal Wedding
Groucho Wrote:N.F.I. .....

Do tell Grouchy, you old Groucho me lad!!???

08-04-2005, 09:25 PM
The Royal Wedding
I'll be watching, but then I bet you would have all put money on it - lol.

Just nosey, want to see what she wears, if there are crowds turning up or not that many, etc. and as I have absolutely nothing else planned for tomorrow.
08-04-2005, 10:05 PM
The Royal Wedding
Critique Wrote:I'll be watching, but then I bet you would have all put money on it - lol.

Just nosey, want to see what she wears, if there are crowds turning up or not that many, etc. and as I have absolutely nothing else planned for tomorrow.

Well done you Critique - pray tell young lady what will you be drinking?? will it be a chilled sauvignon blanc, or a blended tea?? May you be wearing something special or will it be a cashj. thing? [as the invites suggest?].

I am going for the all out sloppy comfy look, maybe beaded slippers for a bit of glam - and a cup or three of Darjeeling. I could well nosh a crostini with a bit of tapenade and roasted pepper for an hor d'ouerves - other than than that I shall be fiddling with lego and sellotape models [my youngests present hobby!!]

08-04-2005, 10:15 PM
The Royal Wedding
I won't be watching, I have to go to a friends house to set up a computer for them and then I have a hot date with a gorgeous young guy Wink

I will probably catch the highlights on the news in the evening tho....and raise a glass of Lynx lager. Dress code will be jeans n T shirt.

I must admit I'm not keen on Charles, but Camilla seems OK. I just wish they had both had the courage of their convictions and got married many years ago (before Diana and all that). But hey ho, that's life.

M

Intergalactic Space Cat

[Image: wildchild.jpg]
Home of Jimi, the Wild Child.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  My Daughters Wedding Seabreeze 22 3,121 02-06-2007 12:21 AM
Last Post: Northern angel
  I brought back more than a bunch of tacky souvenirs from my wedding in Las Vegas Rothera 107 6,482 06-06-2006 09:40 AM
Last Post: bridge
  Wedding Music Rothera 11 1,492 22-04-2005 09:15 AM
Last Post: ils
  Dab's Wedding Anniversary ils 21 1,948 18-04-2005 03:38 PM
Last Post: mazwad