Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Rule of Four
10-04-2005, 07:28 PM
The Rule of Four

Anyone read this book? Its cr@p!

It's about No 6 on the bestseller list and it has the tagline "Anyone who liked the Da Vinci Code will love this book".

Well, being a sucker, I bought the book on the strength of that tagline. So did at least 4 other people I know. None of us can see even the remotest similarity between the two books, and all of us are struggling bigtime to get into this book.

I hate being defeated by a book, but I really don't know if I can persevere with this confusing, boring pile of dogsh!te. If you haven't read this book, I recommend that you avoid it like the plague unless you can actually find someone out there whose opinion you trust that actually managed to finish and enjoy it!

Anyone else out there actually read this book?

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2005, 08:08 PM
The Rule of Four
Karen,
I myself haven't read this book but my beloved bought it cos of the tagline, he loved the Da Vinci code and he said similar to you that it was a load of codswallop and he couldn't get by several pages so has given up and it's now gathering dust on the bookshelf.

I've read neither of the books but if I do I think I will be giving Rule of Four a miss on these recommendations, plus I absolutely hate it when books are advertised as being like another you've enjoyed and then you start reading it and it's pants.

XXxCheekyChopsXXX Heart
Find all posts by this user
12-04-2005, 09:30 AM
The Rule of Four
Well, there you go Cheeky!

That means that 100% of the people I've heard of who have read this book think its rubbish.

I'm quite annoyed about it. Someone should sue the publishers for misrepresention of goods or summat. :laugh:

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user