Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Search (Sunday 9pm Ch4)
07-01-2007, 10:27 PM

Did anyone watch this tonight? I thought it was good.

Basically, two teams of 5 (split into men vs women) are competing in a global treasure hunt to win £50,000.
The teams have to solve clues in various parts of the world which lead them to a symbol. There are 7 symbols altogether and tonight they were on the quest in different parts of Italy for the first one.
Whichever team gets the symbol wins immunity from the 'poisoned chalice'. The losing team muct pass the chalice between themselves resulting in one of them being voted off.
It was a bit like Survivor actually, only without the tropical island.

The first person to leave tonight was Monica, an uptight Art Historian. I'm glad she went as she didn't come across as a team player at all. She had one of the women in tears and constantly bitched about them to the cameras. So it was goodbye to her.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2007, 03:45 PM
*clears away all the tumbleweed*

IT WAS BLOODY GOOD OK!

[/SIZE]
09-01-2007, 03:50 PM
Lol .... Im sorry, i didnt watch it. The write ups were good, but it must of clashed with something else.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
10-01-2007, 12:39 PM
aw peeeeej - didn't see it or even hear about it. I promise I'll watch it sunday week [I'm away in jurmany this weekend] and will get back to your thread!!

bam bam
Find all posts by this user
10-01-2007, 08:10 PM
Peej...I wanted to watch it but it clashed with the new series of 'Waking the Dead' and I had to go to the pub quiz (we came third by the way:w00t: won sweeties) and so I could only record one programe...also Jamie Theakston really, really annoys me for some reason! :sad:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
15-01-2007, 10:17 AM
I have to say that, due to the TV Guide cock up Mr.B and I ended up watching this .... and very enjoyable it was too :good:

22-01-2007, 04:24 PM
My goodness what a bunch of 'black catters'...soz but it seemed that anytime there was a problem to solve each team member would take great pleasure in putting forward their own oppinions on the matter in a style that stated 'Ooo look at me and how smart I am!' They wasted ages doing this and then finally someone would go 'Ooo look at that piece of blatently obvious bit of info. If only we hadn't been trying to dig up as much irrelevant info we may have spotted it sooner.'

I obviously got bored after 30mins and watched something else, just flicking back at the end to see how the voting thing works...

Maybe I am missing something Peej but this is definately a show for the more cultured people of the world than I...a Vicar, a Philosopher, and egyptologist, a mathematician, an histortian...not many Coasties or factory workers in there! :laugh:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
22-01-2007, 06:53 PM
Coastie Wrote:Maybe I am missing something Peej but this is definately a show for the more cultured people of the world than I...a Vicar, a Philosopher, and egyptologist, a mathematician, an histortian...not many Coasties or factory workers in there! :laugh:
I wouldn't worry Coastie - I'm as uncultured as they come and haven't got a clue what they're all talking about half the time. but still enjoying it nonetheless!

[/SIZE]
22-01-2007, 07:00 PM
I cant wait to see next weeks show, as its in Egypt, which is somewhere i have always wanted to go.

22-01-2007, 07:04 PM
Bonsai Wrote:I cant wait to see next weeks show, as its in Egypt, which is somewhere i have always wanted to go.
Yes, they'll be kicking themselves for getting rid of the Egyptologist already...

[/SIZE]