Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Secret Millionaire
02-12-2006, 05:55 AM
The Secret Millionaire

Did anyone else watch this the other night?

It was excellent IMHO...

A 24 yr old millionaire who became so at the age of 15, lost everything and then got it back, went undercover as a volunteer youth worker at the Pedro youth club on the murder mile in Hackney London.

Basically he spent a week or so with the people there assessing whi he should give a large sum of money to.

In the end he donated £20,000 to the youth club itself and has since become a trustee and spends allot of time there woring with the volunteers and youngsters.

He gave £10,000 to a young guy who had a passion for designing his own brand of street clothing. Not only did he donate the money he worked with the lad and helped him make his first sales and taught him allot about business.

He gave another £10,000 to a formed middleweight boxing world champion who now spends much of his time invested in the young people of the area freely. The £10,000 would have been refused had the millionaire not insist it be used towards the wedding between the boxer and his partner of 19yrs...

It was a great show and what a genuine lad the millionaire was.

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2006, 06:43 AM
The Secret Millionaire
Oh missed this weeks but saw it last week where he gave away £40,000. Must remember it for next week
Find all posts by this user
06-12-2006, 09:27 AM
The Secret Millionaire
It's an old boy this week donating his funds in Liverpool think it was...I shall be watching again!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
06-12-2006, 02:08 PM
The Secret Millionaire
I meant to watch this - sounds good, when is it on?

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
06-12-2006, 05:51 PM
The Secret Millionaire
Can't remember off the top of me head but it would have been either the night before the 2nd or the night before that...:blink:

07-12-2006, 03:20 PM
The Secret Millionaire
It was on last night...Wednesday at 2100 on ch4...

Fantastc...a lovely old chap who is worth 60 mil went and lived in Kingston? Liverpool one of the most deprived areas in the UK.

He went, he saw and in the end he gave £7,500 to a local asylum seekers hostel charity which had raised £7,500 itself...this was a result of a huge change of heart towards asylum seekers by the old man having visited the place.

He hired a man from Africa to work in the accounts department of his water cooling business as the man was an accounted who had struggled to get work and really wanted to work after gaining British citizenship two years before.

Finally he gave a young couple trapped in debt the £10,000 deposit they needed towards a home of their own after the proved to him they were working hard to clear the debt and were determined never to go back there.

Great viewing and all who he gifted were greatly moved by his gifts of generosity.

He's great mates with Phillip the African now who is working incredibly hard at his new job and the young couple are going to give their soon to be delivered third child Elliott as a middle name after the millionare!

07-12-2006, 04:23 PM
The Secret Millionaire
I really enjoyed this and what I liked about it was how John's view on assylum seekers was changed. Before he thought they were a bunch of spongers and didn't think they should be allowed in this country but he felt very humbled once he met the people involved.

Phillip was just lovely, he was a very intelligent, clever guy but was tagged as a refugee. He stood up for what he thought was right in his own country and got punished for it but he felt no remorse or anger towards any one. It was fantastic that John, who as I said before had no good feelings towards refugees, could give him a job and everyone loves him. What a change it made to both their lives.

07-12-2006, 04:37 PM
The Secret Millionaire
What I really liked was the fact he gave Phillip a job rather than money...Phillip has as a result been able to get on the payroll in this country, will now be able to show he can work here and do well and will no doubt go on to prosper more because of this opportunity than he would have if Elliott had just given him money.

07-12-2006, 04:46 PM
The Secret Millionaire
Coastie Wrote:What I really liked was the fact he gave Phillip a job rather than money...Phillip has as a result been able to get on the payroll in this country, will now be able to show he can work here and do well and will no doubt go on to prosper more because of this opportunity than he would have if Elliott had just given him money.

To be honest Coastie, I think Phillip probably appreciated this more than getting the money. He proved he wanted to work but just couldn't get past the interview stage and I think John realised this too.

07-12-2006, 05:07 PM
The Secret Millionaire
Bella Wrote:To be honest Coastie, I think Phillip probably appreciated this more than getting the money. He proved he wanted to work but just couldn't get past the interview stage and I think John realised this too.

Absolutely! Once again you say it better than I! :bored:

Elliott is Johns second name right/....if not then I am flumoxed as to why the young couple are putting his name into their new babies life!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Secret Smile Bella 7 883 16-12-2005 09:14 PM
Last Post: Cat