Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Sentinal
09-09-2006, 09:11 AM
The Sentinal

Do not exp3ect to be wowed by a complex plot or oscar winning performances. Do however expect to be gently entertained and enjoy Michael Douglas and Keifer Sutherland playing off each other.

Basic plot: Douglas is a secret service operative within the white house...he becomes a suspect in an assasination plot against the president. Sutherland is tasked to investigate.

No major twists or anything but well structured and it avoids any over sentimentality and keeps the pace up through out.

Good film :thumbsup:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-09-2006, 06:12 PM
The Sentinal
Mrs Sf and I had a surreal moviegoing experience today when we tried to see this one.

We had to go to the 11:30 am showing; when we got there we found out it was a mother-and-baby special. We went in anyway. The cinema was full and I mean full of, well, you guessed it, mothers and babies of the mewling and puking variety, with a handful of toddlers thrown in. The lights were kept on, and the volume was turned way down, so as not to upset the children. After trying the first five minutes of the film, without being able to make out a word of it, and at one point with a crawling child climbing up my leg, we made our excuses and left.

We went into the screen next door where a movie called Talladega Nights was showing, this was one that on paper I wouldn't touch with a bargepole, but as it turned out it was one of the funniest things I've seen, the whole cinema was laughing out loud- us too. Do see!

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
17-09-2006, 07:38 AM
The Sentinal
Oh SF...You have just lived through my worst nightmare...and survived to tell the tale...well done! Medal of honor coming your way! :laugh:

I have to be dragged kicking and screaming to see anything that is American and declared as a comedy so dispite your recomendation I shall give the race car one a miss...that bloke who stars in it (Will Farrell) really annoys me and I want to hit things when I see him! :cry:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user