14-02-2007, 09:46 AM
The Verdict

Anyone watching this?

:sun: : PUNKYFISH
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
14-02-2007, 04:24 PM
The Verdict
I've been watching this Punky and as yet undecided until I hear all the evidence but Stan Collymoe is doing my head in! I think this proves that the jury system is wrong as if you have someone like that on the jury they could easily swing someone who is a lot quieter.

I found the evidence extremely graphic and can understand why a high percentage of rape cases do not get reported and also when it comes down to it, it really is one person's word against anothers and down to who has the better lawyer!

And it was highly unprofessional and very rude of Stan Collymore to ask the defence lawyer for her phone number, the fact that he is on the jury for a rape trial was just unappropriate!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-02-2007, 04:30 PM
The Verdict
Agree about SC Bella, whenever I have seen him on telly he always comes across as a right nasty piece of work. His track record with violence towards women also makes him a highly unsuitable juror on this case! He was so rude to poor Honor Blackman yesterday who seems in a perpetual daze! And do they ever stop eating/drinking? My heart bleeds for poor Sarah Payne though, she seems the most sensible one there, and you can still see the pain in her eyes. And doesn't Patsy Palmer look old?:cool2:

:sun: : PUNKYFISH
Find all posts by this user
14-02-2007, 05:27 PM
The Verdict
He is just so full of himself and he is really ****ing everyone off, he seems to think that his opinion is the only one that counts but he made his mind up that the girl was just a tart and just out to shag a footballer before he even heard one piece of evidence!

The snippets that they showed for the following week look interesting.

18-02-2007, 08:08 PM
The Verdict
I so wanted to watch this but unfortunately was a way and taping other things that clashed...Sad

Did anyone else watch that other programe a short while ago based on a rape accusaion made by a woman against her work colleague? Similar thing inmany ways only they had a real jury and everything...only the witnesses, defendent and the accused were actors. Just proved how difficult it is to prove rape in a court of law.

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
19-02-2007, 08:27 AM
The Verdict
I didn't see that one Coastie but watched The Verdict and found it really hard when they found them Not Guilty. The majority of the jury were sure that the girl had been raped but the evidence just wasn't there to convinct, so you were left wondering if rape had actually taken place and if they had gotten off with it or if the girl was in fact a liar.

The thing with this celebrity one was there was a lot of prejudice before the trial even started, also there were a few on the jury that would never have been allowed due to their association with the defendants ie Stan Collymore being a footballer and the fact that he was charged with assaulting Ulkira, Megaman (what kind of name is this) as he had hatred for the prosecution due to his time behind bars resulting in the trial not taking place and Jeffrey Archer as he had been in prison.

My friend was on the jury on rape trial years ago and the charge was reduced to aggravated assault and even though he was found guilty he was set free as he had spend his time in prison running up to the trial. My friend left the court to get her bus and a few minutes later the guy who was up for the assault joined her bus queue! She was absolutely terrified that he would recognise her.

I think this sort of rape is so difficult to prove, and can't help thinking that there are many women out there who have found themselves in this situation but know how difficult it would be to prove so therefore do not report the crime.

That said I am equally aware that many women also claim rape when it hasn't taken place and I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would want to do this. Not only is it damaging for them as they are found guilty of lying but it is extremely damaging to any women who have been genuinely raped and also damaging for the guy who has been accussed as it is his names that is splashed across the papers before a verdict has been given, and this has to be changed.

19-02-2007, 07:50 PM
The Verdict
They found the guy in the other program innocent as well Bella...however when the re-enacted the entire scene of what happened after the verdict the woman was clearly raped!

Basically she was on a works trip and they all got a bit tiddly...she went to her room to get something he followed...she didn't shut the door he came in and they made out a bit...before she knew it he was on top of her on the bed holding her down...due to the lack of bruising and the fact she had been willing all the way up to the point of actual intercourse the jury decided that she simply regretted going all the way. Personally the guy was so in love with himself I would have found it harder to believe he was innocent of anything...slimey! Bit of an eye opener on the whole!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]