Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Wise Women?
09-12-2004, 09:31 PM
The Wise Women?

THE nativity story certainly supports the view that women are brighter than men.

How else do you explain the fact that Mary managed to persuade her husband that a ghost had got her up the duff and that technically she was still a virgin?

Certainly, Barry Sheerman, chairman of the education select committee, thinks that is the case.

The Mail reports that the father-of-four told fellow MPs yesterday that the reason girls outperformed boys at school was because they were brighter.

But are they?

A study published in the Express suggests otherwise.

It claims that Mary was not alone in telling porkies to her husband.

A whopping 96% of women lie regularly, not only about trivial things such as the price of a pair of shoes or the notion that size doesn’t matter.

Half of all women would lie about the paternity of their child – although admittedly “It was the Holy Ghost wot done it” does not feature in the Top 10 fibs.

But asked what they would do for £1m, two thirds would give up chocolate for ever, 64% would go without make-up, 38% would enter a loveless marriage, 34% would give up sex...and only 25% would run naked down their local High Street.

That’s right – 75% of women would not take their clothes off for all of a couple of minutes in return for £1,000,000.

And they’re the clever ones?!

*Taken from the Anorak Website*

Your views?

[Image: chirol_nawa1.gif]
~Today is the youngest you will ever be~
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2004, 09:45 PM
The Wise Women?
43.7% of carpet delivery drivers ambushed and held captive this afternoon believe that the Express never lets the truth get in the way of a good survey. Responses to the same question regarding the Mail were confused by bewildered reactions and dilated pupils following delayed understanding of the size-doesn't-matter lie issue. (reuters)
10-12-2004, 10:32 AM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2004 10:35 AM by claire.)
The Wise Women?
Eternity Wrote:THE nativity story certainly supports the view that women are brighter than men.

How else do you explain the fact that Mary managed to persuade her husband that a ghost had got her up the duff and that technically she was still a virgin?

The Bible tells you that an angel appeared to Joseph in a dream and told him not to divorce her because she had not been unfaithful and told him that she had been concieved by the Holy Spirit. They were engaged but in those days it was as good as married - he wanted to divorce her because he believed she had slept with somebody else.

Don't you think it would be a huge co-incidence that Mary should make up a story about being concieved by the holy spirit. Then this man goes on to fulfil hundreds of Biblical prophecies and influence the world to such a degree that our date is even used from the date of his birth?

PS: Im not taking anything away from the suggestion that females may be brighter than males though!!! :wink2:
10-12-2004, 12:58 PM
The Wise Women?
claire Wrote:...our date is even used from the date of his birth?
Unfortunately, not quite the case. The dates were completely cobbled up on the first attempt. On reflection, it now appears that Christ was born 5-6 years BC... I think that most historians are agreed on this point.

The Express article is horribly contradictory. It blindly accepts as truth the text that details what Joseph heard about Jesus' conception, but blindly rejects as false the text that claims it was a virgin birth. Hypocrites! Pity really the blasphemy laws have been repealed. We could have the editor executed. Smile

But I think perhaps we may be in danger of taking the Express a little too seriously... Wink

Author of the fantasy thriller, Insensate - available for all ebook readers and iDevices. Find out more >here<. Only 49p/99¢!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-12-2004, 09:18 PM
The Wise Women?
Don't you think that this is offensive to those who believe in and want to continue to believe in the birth of Jesus Christ?
12-12-2004, 03:00 PM
The Wise Women?
Kind of related to this thread, I saw a nativity scene in the newspaper yesterday of Posh and Becks as Mary and Joseph. I think this image is from Madam Tussauds nativity scene. It puts the whole thing in perspective for me. Celebrity is the new religion.
In terms of offence, I never really see debate, conversation, opinions, jokes etc as offensive regarding belief.If you believe then it is pretty simple and nothing can disrupt that. I find there can often be an expectation from believers to others to behave in a certain way, respectful,careful dialogue,serious, reverential almost. Sometimes there is a need to be irreverant.
Am I going way off track or what?
12-12-2004, 08:45 PM
The Wise Women?
tonee Wrote:In terms of offence, I never really see debate, conversation, opinions, jokes etc as offensive regarding belief.If you believe then it is pretty simple and nothing can disrupt that. I find there can often be an expectation from believers to others to behave in a certain way, respectful,careful dialogue,serious, reverential almost. Sometimes there is a need to be irreverant.
Am I going way off track or what?

Probably you are Tonee, but whether you are offtopic or not, I like the point you are making.

Way to go! :bye:

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Why is it OK for women to hit men? The Curmudgeon 14 3,098 30-11-2008 09:05 PM
Last Post: Mars
  Women are bigger wimps than men - it's official! Blink 53 4,112 25-01-2006 08:32 PM
Last Post: bustywench
  Women &amp; Children First.......or should it? Bella 10 1,536 07-09-2005 07:03 AM
Last Post: JakeyBoy
  The Jury ... 12 good men (or women) and true... Dolores 13 1,739 30-08-2005 06:59 AM
Last Post: sayangmouse
  Memo to Women in the Gym... isleofweather 17 2,113 27-06-2005 05:19 PM
Last Post: Flip
  Women and the Church Becks 14 1,987 19-02-2005 12:12 PM
Last Post: Becks