Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The X Factor
29-11-2008, 10:52 PM
The X Factor

Has anybody been watching this this year?

The voting has been strange to say the least, Laura and Ruth I think are two of the most talented singers there's ever been on a talent show. (which, depending on your point of view on the singers from these shows, is a good or bad thing I suppose)

Yet both of them have failed to get to even the semi-final, yet a little 16 year old Irish guy (who can't really sing) has. What's going on?

You're not born lazy, it's an acquired skill

[Image: pot004.gif] [Image: egg03064.gif][Image: 90725.gif][Image: 79735.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
30-11-2008, 12:12 AM
The X Factor
You've got to remember that a lot of people who vote for this show are pre to teenage girls, and, for some reason, I imagine teenagers will find the slack-jawed, mouth breathing little moron attractive. There's your answer.

EDIT - remember the guy who WON the damn show last year could hardly hold a note. Eeeoooeeaaaagn isn't much better but empty headed girls will vote for him anyway.

Don't abuse children, or else they'll turn out like me.
http://www.thecurmudgeon.proboards88.com - The site to save your life.
30-11-2008, 12:38 AM
The X Factor
Yeah, very true. I can't see Eoghan lasting very long, and although it's still pretty early for Leon, I can't see him being around much longer. He's missing something vital I think.

Just interested Mudge, you've been pretty scathing of X Factor people in the past, what do you honestly think of these two performances?

Ruth

Laura

30-11-2008, 04:46 PM
The X Factor
I think Laura, Ruth and Alex are great singers, but X factor is a popularity contest unfortunately. The GBP seem to go for underdogs, sad stories, anything sacharine, anything to do with high school musical and cutsie stage school kids and often the genuine talent miss out on winning.

Which is probably a blessed relief for them as the stigma attached to that achievement can often do more harm than good to the career of a serious musican.

Thought Britney's performance looked lacklustre and I'm disappointed she mimed. Badly.

bam bam
Find all posts by this user
30-11-2008, 05:35 PM
The X Factor
X factor is nothing more than a glorified karaoke contest in my opinion.

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?
30-11-2008, 11:21 PM
The X Factor
I totally agree with you Mars the voting has been strange, mind you, I think most years there has been some weird voting.

My favourite was Laura followed by Alex & Ruth, I just can't understand how Diana and Eoghan are still there when Laura and Ruth aren't.

Leon should never have won last year so it wouldn't surprise me if Alex didn't win although she should seeing who else is left in the competition.

I also thought Britney's performance was rubbish and I'm not sure what all the fuss was about!

[SIZE="3"]ils - Member of SO since August 2001![/SIZE]
30-11-2008, 11:25 PM
The X Factor
I like Diana a lot.

But she doesn't belong here, which is more of a statement about the programme than her.

Her voice suits downbeat and delicate performances (possibly with only a backing guitar, strumming faintly), and then she'd sound really good. She doesn't suit loud backing music which clashes with her vocals, and means she is totally drowned out.

I've watched her last few performances closely, and I like her vocal, but the whole overall effect of everything just sounds an awful mess.

30-11-2008, 11:29 PM
The X Factor
I don't like what she does with her hand, how she walks about the stage or the way she sings. I guess I'm not a fan :laugh:

I think Simon was right she is an acquired taste just like Marmite, you either love or hate her!

[SIZE="3"]ils - Member of SO since August 2001![/SIZE]
30-11-2008, 11:31 PM
The X Factor
It's alright, my Mum can't stand her either. Everything she does just winds her up something rotten!

You are not alone!

01-12-2008, 12:11 PM
The X Factor
I think Diana is sort of cute and does what she can with what is quite a weak voice, but the Doloros of the Cranberries rip-off whoopy vocal thang really gets me teeth grating.

bam bam

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Fear Factor U.S.A. bridge 5 1,331 16-11-2006 03:58 PM
Last Post: Bonsai
  X-Factor Coastie 30 3,005 31-08-2006 08:48 AM
Last Post: Coastie
  X Factor - One Year On. ~ils~ 11 1,933 15-08-2006 11:12 AM
Last Post: Tigereye
  X Factor 2 ils 32 3,333 21-08-2005 05:00 PM
Last Post: borneobabe
  the X factor emmaroy 15 2,176 09-05-2005 06:15 PM
Last Post: emmaroy
  New KFC advert is it the guy from x factor lou4577 16 2,859 13-02-2005 05:05 PM
Last Post: lou4577
  X factor VS Strictly Come dancing Bob 3 1,481 10-12-2004 11:06 PM
Last Post: Eternity