Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The best toy you ever had....
10-03-2005, 07:03 AM

Three questions:

1) What was the best toy you ever had?

2) What was the toy you always wanted but never got?

3) What toy did you always want but when you got it you were disappointed with it?

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2005, 08:00 AM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2005 08:06 AM by Woodstock.)
Three questions:

A 6' by 3' Riley Matchmaster Snooker Table - oh boy did it excite me to that taking up the living room space as i walked down the stairs on Christmas morn...Smile - The next would have to be The Millennium Falcon, along with a stocking-full of Star Wars figure's.....
Not forgetting "Big-Trak" - it was a battery-operated robotic jeep type thingy which had a command pad on top where you keyed in numbers for distances and arrows for directions. Then you just pressed the go/enter key and off it went......Smile

And i loved my "Command Belt" :gunsmilie- it was a dual space gun/communication handset attached by a wire cord to a belt that you placed around your waist (as you do with most belts...:wacko: )
I was Buck Roger's one moment, and the next i was Han Solo....fantastic toy. Had some really beautiful sound effects on it too.....Smile - "....dyoo dyoo dyoo dyoo dyoo......"

........"......pyoosh.....pyoosh.....pyoosh....."........and so on and so forth.....always took that thing to bed with me. Afforded me protection from the imaginary yet much-feared "Mr Longnose" - who i actually created just to terrify my sister!.......backfired!.....".....Skywalker, i need assistance...on the double!...NOW!!....."

A flippin' radio controlled car....

3) What toy did you always want but when you got it you were disappointed with it?

....a mobile phone.....

:sun: w o o d s t o c k:beer:
"I'm not a bird, I'm a festival!" :bored:
Find all posts by this user
10-03-2005, 09:43 AM
to >see< that taking up the living room space

:sun: w o o d s t o c k:beer:
"I'm not a bird, I'm a festival!" :bored:
10-03-2005, 09:43 AM
I always wanted a specific doll that looked like a real baby :wub: , though they never said so, I don't think my parents could afford it at the time because I always got others that just weren't quite as realistic... I woke up crying when I was little a few times as I'd dreamed I had one...

I've got two real ones now though :wub:

visit my forum : Stardust Forums
10-03-2005, 10:33 AM

My best toy I had was a "Girls World" I had wanted it for ages and ages and finally got it one Xmas.
It was basically a head which you could make up and change the hairstyle and stuff, I adored it. Sounds a bit gruesome now though, playing with a head :wacko:

I always wanted the electronic battleships game. In my primary school I remember at the end of term once, when you were allowed to bring toys in, some twins in my class brought this in. They were the most popular lads that day :w00t:
I actually fulfilled my ambition of owning an electronic battleship game a few years ago. My husband bought me on for Xmas. I love playing it and now the boys love it too.

I actually can't remember being disappointed with any toys that I got. I suppose we were taught to be grateful for what we did get.

[Image: 429.gif]
10-03-2005, 12:11 PM
Why is it whenever I see the title of this thread I am thinking about vibrators and the like? Huh Is it just me, or is anyone else experiencing this strange phenomenon? :unsure:

Edit to say, Sorry Coastie, I'm not really trying to put this thread in the gutter. I have just got the 'I can't help its'. :w00t:

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
10-03-2005, 12:12 PM
tigger767 Wrote:Why is it whenever I see the title of this thread I am thinking about vibrators and the like? Huh Is it just me, or is anyone else experiencing this strange phenomenon? :unsure:

It did cross my mind too, tiggs Blush
10-03-2005, 12:15 PM
tigger767 Wrote:Why is it whenever I see the title of this thread I am thinking about vibrators and the like? Huh Is it just me, or is anyone else experiencing this strange phenomenon? :unsure:

You are not alone Tiggs, thats exactly what I thought the thread was about and was all geared up for my reply....will have to come back later now :ohmy: Tongue

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
[Image: isis.gif]
10-03-2005, 12:33 PM

Nope, I did that too Blush

And just to stay on topic I have to say that it knocs socks off the 'Katie Copycat' doll I thought of second! :laugh:
10-03-2005, 12:38 PM
You lot just have dirty minds. :ohmy: And there you all are pretending to be sooo innocent :laugh:

I can honestly, truly say that when I read the title for this thread, the first thing that came into my mind was my Dolls House!

I loved that Dolls House. Unfortunately, it got mullered when my parents threw a party for my Dad's 40th, he got drunk and fell on top of it :sad:

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.