Bookcase 5

Bookcase 6

Bookcase 7

Bookcase 8

Bookcase 9

Bookcase 10a
Bookcase 10b

Bookcase 11

The winner says it may be difficult but it is possible; the loser says it may be possible but it is too difficult
:yahoo: He's here!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-04-2005, 07:52 PM
The bookcase investigation entries
Excellent, well done Bobski :thumbsup:
11-04-2005, 07:52 PM
Bookcases 12-22

Bookcase 12a
12B

Bookcase 13
13B

Bookcase 14

Bookcase 15a
15B

Bookcase 16

Bookcase 17

Bookcase 18

Bookcase 19

Bookcase 20

Bookcase 21

Bookcase 22

The winner says it may be difficult but it is possible; the loser says it may be possible but it is too difficult
11-04-2005, 08:01 PM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2005 10:48 PM by Andrea.)
  • The aim of the game is to correctly identity the owner of the bookcase/shelf or pile
  • You are allowed to ask any of the people taking part one question relating to anything you have seen in the picture, you must name the person you are asking the question to first, but questions such as “do you own a book on nude camp sites in Normandy” [if you happen to see a book of that title displayed] will not be permitted.But you could ask have you ever been camping in Normandy? Or have you ever been to a nude campsite? Questions relating to objects other than books are permitted as long as they are on the bookcase
  • Post your question in the thread, but the person who is replying to your question has to reply to you, and you only via PM, that way not everyone else gets the benefit of your brilliance if you’ve thought of a simply superb question to ask.
  • You can ask anyone a question, but only one question per entrant.
  • On Friday I will start a new thread for everyone to post their guesses, each bookcase will have it’s own unique identification number, such as 1, 2, 3 etc
  • I will announce the winner the following Monday evening at 7pm

NB You may have noticed from the list of entries there is a member with no name and a red herring. If you have submitted an entry and are taking part in the guess you may wish to use one of these for your bookcase or you can double bluff and name your own.
There will be 1 point for each correct entry. If you name one of the red herrings in place of your own bookcase you still get a point, if you name your own obviously you get a point but you might give the game away to others then! Decisions decisions! If you don't name your own and you don't name one of the red herrings, you get nil points

Right, here is the final list of players

Update

1) Andrea
2) Bob
3) Bella
4) Buzz
5) Cat
6) Ceridwen
7) Cockney
8) Critique
9) Fee For All
10) Flip
11) Flyo
12) Groucho
13)Islandman
14ILS
15) Isis
16) Marmoset
17) Mazwad
18) Patsy
19) Secrets
20) Survivor Fan
21)Member with no name*
22)Red Herring

Bob, I've just added the list of names in here so I will unstick the other thread.
Andrea
ok Smile

11-04-2005, 08:15 PM
Bob I don't get the red herring thing...surely by using that we'll give the game away....or am I being very, very stupid here....? :unsure:
11-04-2005, 08:20 PM
Ceridwen Wrote:Bob I don't get the red herring thing...surely by using that we'll give the game away....or am I being very, very stupid here....? :unsure:

How will you know which are the red herrings though?
You might think it's for example no.1 but that could be mine, so if you name that instead of your own you don't get any points, but however if no.1 was a red herring and you name it then you get a point.
I know what you mean though and I just thought of something! Arggggh hang on!
Ok you hve a list at the end with 21 guesses not 22. Don't write down red herring, only member with no name.
Sorry if that doesn't make sense but I'm making it up as I go along! :closedeye

11-04-2005, 08:24 PM
Bob you have lost me completely here!! :wacko: :laugh:

So...are you saying that one of the bookcases really IS a red herring? Thing is what do we do about our own bookcase? If my bookcase is no 7 and I put 7 down as "member with no name" then everyone will know it was mine....if I put "7 = ceridwen" that will also give it away...

Perhaps it's best if we just all pretend our bookcase is someone else's, isn't it....? [Image: z0tdntknw.gif]

Anyway it's an excellent game young Bob, well done!! [Image: n4pclapping.gif]
11-04-2005, 08:27 PM
I was confused before Ceri asked her question, now I am very confused :wacko:

Good game, bob, good game!
11-04-2005, 08:31 PM
I would just like to say, Bob, absolutely bluddy good work there :thumbsup:

This is going to be harder than I thought.

[Image: 429.gif]
11-04-2005, 08:34 PM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2005 08:36 PM by Bob.)
ilovesurvivor Wrote:I was confused before Ceri asked her question, now I am very confused :wacko:

Good game, bob, good game!

Oh crap!

Ceri only you know which is yours.
You can choose to guess your own hence taking a chance, or you can try and guess one of the red herrings (but you don't know which is a red herring)

everyone will have a different opinion on which the red herrings are, so just becasue you guess no.7 against your name doesn't mean that you are giviing the game away cos no one knows if you really have got the red herring right (apart from the person who's it is- if you are wrong) and you don't know either

I've put in two red herrings, one is member with no name which is what you fill in, you don't name the other red herring, that should make it easy to disguise your own

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The baby Investigation entries Bob 92 4,654 26-05-2005 08:43 AM
Last Post: Dolores
  The baby Investigation Bob 17 1,544 19-05-2005 06:50 PM
Last Post: Bob
  The next Investigation Bob 45 2,423 12-05-2005 01:53 AM
Last Post: secrets
  The bookcase Investigation guess list Bob 40 3,543 19-04-2005 06:53 PM