Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The chronicles of Narnia.
29-09-2005, 12:21 AM

C.S.Lewis was the writer of these much loved tales.
And christmas this year see's the release of 'The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe' by Walt Disney.
Arguably one of his most famous stories.
Some of you may not have heard of either the author or the books, and those of you that have may have children who have not.
But whether you wish to re-visit those childhood memories, or introduce your family to that magical world that is Narnia, this promises to be a good un!
You can get a taste of it from this trailer, just click on your connection speed, top right, and see for yourselves.Big Grin

http://films.entertainment.msn.co.uk/syn...ilmid=1779

[INDENT]

[/INDENT]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-09-2005, 09:22 AM
Think I'll be giving this one a miss secrets!

I loathed these books as a child - I did pick 'em up again as an adult, but failed to get past the first couple of chapters.

Those ghastly children!

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
29-09-2005, 09:47 AM
OH I LOVED this as a kid.I still do.
I did'nt know there was a walt disney or anything version.
:-O
Is it a cartoon...or real?
OH I'm pretty excited about this.
yay.

'Come away, oh human child, to the waters and the wild.With a fairy hand in hand...for the world is more full of weeping than you will understand.........'
29-09-2005, 09:07 PM
It's not a cartoon Aondeag.

It is very similar to 'The Lord of the Rings' trilogy of films, with real characters and special effects. Big Grin

[INDENT]

[/INDENT]
30-09-2005, 02:39 PM
It sounds fab.Despite never having seen or read 'Lord of the Rings', I think I will enjoy this.
Looking forward to getting my mitts on it.
:-)

'Come away, oh human child, to the waters and the wild.With a fairy hand in hand...for the world is more full of weeping than you will understand.........'
11-10-2005, 12:57 PM
6th of December is the release date.
Brill...

11-10-2005, 04:13 PM
Fee For All Wrote:Think I'll be giving this one a miss secrets!

I loathed these books as a child - I did pick 'em up again as an adult, but failed to get past the first couple of chapters.

Those ghastly children!

I do kind of agree with Fee, although I loved the story as a child and got the tape and the book for Katie. Now, reading and hearing from an adult's side, my views have changed. The children were ghastly and spoilt and Edwin or whatever he is called got what he deserved!

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-10-2005, 06:13 PM
I'm with Fee and Bella here too. I hated "The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe", even as a kid. I think its probably the only classic childrens book that I never enjoyed and I'm not sure I even finished the book.

I can't really remember the story now - only vague details of it - but I remember feeling quite strongly that it wasn't enjoyable. As a result, I've never been tempted to give it another try.

However, if the film proves to be popular I might give it a watch. I'm a sucker for hype, and if everyone raves about it I'm sure I'll go see it. The film might just change my mind.

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
11-10-2005, 06:21 PM
The great thing about this book is the masterful way it was written.
Stirring the emotions is something that all writers of any standing aim to do.
To get involved with the characters so much that you either love or hate them draws you in and gets you involved.
I just have a feeling that this will be very very good and well worth a watch.
Not having read or got involved before will not make one iota of difference to your enjoyment.

[INDENT]

[/INDENT]
11-10-2005, 06:35 PM
secrets Wrote:Not having read or got involved before will not make one iota of difference to your enjoyment.

No, I sure it wouldn't.

I'd never read The Lord of the Rings either yet I loved the films. in fact, I think the fact that I'd never read the books made me enjoy the films even more. Most people I know who had read the books seemed to focus more on the differences between the films and the books than the actual films themselves!

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.