Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The people of Survivor Online - The Curmudgeon's verdict.
19-05-2008, 11:40 AM

Well, I've already written my farewell notice to you all, but I thought that was doing some of you a dis-service. After all, some of you kept me here looong after I thought I would have ditched this place. And so, here it is - the cut out and keep OFFICIAL verdict to the people that made my short stay here memorable. Be warned - its not all as pleasant as this first bit.

In no particular order then..

Fee For All - my unofficial nemesis. Sharp as a tack, this one. I don't think we agreed on anything, I don't think we said one nice word to each other, but she was a lot of fun to "fight." You were never guaranteed an easy victory with Fee, that's for sure. She's a credit to this place.

Groucho - I gained instant respect for Groucho because he was the ONLY one who didn't immediately jump on the "We Hate The Curmudgeon" bandwagon, and even though he's one of the regulars here he still stepped from the pack to show support, even going so far as to insult a mod over my banning. A class act.

Mars - an inanimate Mars bar on top of a mouse would actually be more interesting than this duller than dull version. Welcome to Snoresville - population YOU.

Patsy - I had a little soft spot for Patsy, who was both nice, funny AND against me at the same time. A lot of fun, and one of the main reasons I returned.

Buzz - She should be re-named Buzz Killer.

Pandora - Weak willed fool. And Haydon is equally ineffective.

Isis - an interesting, outspoken woman who has now become an official member of The Curmudgeon's Fortress of Solitude. This story is just beginning.

Tigereye - no mark.

Addison - clearly wants to be taken seriously as some kind of net "bad ass". Back of the queue, junior. You're rubbish at this.

If I've forgotten anyone - well, you're obviously not very memorable. Try harder, do better.

I'll stick around for a little while yet to see if anyone responds to this (come on, like I wouldn't do that), but for the most part - this is The Curmudgeon signing off. See you in the funny pages.

Don't abuse children, or else they'll turn out like me.
http://www.thecurmudgeon.proboards88.com - The site to save your life.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-05-2008, 11:50 AM
The Curmudgeon Wrote:Tigereye - no mark.

Story of me bleedin' life.

Ah well. Still, you certainly were a booster shot in the arm of this place whilst you were here...........

bam bam
Find all posts by this user
19-05-2008, 11:53 AM (This post was last modified: 19-05-2008 11:58 AM by Patsy.)
If only he knew, H, if only he knew....

For my part, thanks for the comments. As for your negative comments on the others, all I can say is you're entitled to your opinion, but if you took the time to read through some of the threads you may change your mind. I'm not going to start defending them because that would be patronising and futile.

You've been a blast. Although a blast of what, I'm not quite sure.

:w00t: <-------- pointless smilie just for you.
19-05-2008, 12:25 PM
Oh Mudge. Just as I was beginning to gain a slight bit of respect for you, you go and pull a stunt like this and remind me of a certain pedestal I've harped on about since you got here.

Seen as you thought your opinions on me important enough to air, let me do the same on you.

I enjoyed slinging insults. You've given this place some life in the last few days, and yes, I have found you funny.

However, you are so incredibly full of your own self-importance it's embarrassing. You tried to belittle as many people as you could and then expected people to follow you to your own forum, where we could respond to your out-of date and negative reviews? I don't think that's quite how it works unfortunately.

I think this thread highlights and is an example of my opinion of you. So thanks. I'm just pleased that although you found me dull, you found me interesting enough to comment on.

You're not born lazy, it's an acquired skill

[Image: pot004.gif] [Image: egg03064.gif][Image: 90725.gif][Image: 79735.gif]
19-05-2008, 01:36 PM
i dont usually like "grand gestures" which i feel this thread is!!! and very inuslting to people you havent even given a chance!

I think you should cool yer jets a bit TC and hang around and perhaps actually bother to get to know people better, as opposed to coming in and insulting most members, no one is perfect (well, I come pretty close) so to come in attacking is like waving a red rag to a bull dont you think...

how do you think the guys on your forum would have reacted if I had started bitchin and attacking.....

stay here at SO, dont stay, your choice sweetie, I will see you on the "Dark Side" if I dont see you here :wink2: :laugh::laugh:

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
[Image: isis.gif]
19-05-2008, 02:35 PM
Mars Wrote:I'm just pleased that although you found me dull, you found me interesting enough to comment on.

That's probably the most depressing thing to be pleased about ever. It's like saying "I'm so glad someone fancied me enough to rape me."

19-05-2008, 02:37 PM
Of course its a grand gesture, Isis. Hell, my "farewell" speech is supposed to have theme music, for God's sake. I'm all about the grand gestures, me.

And I think I've been more than kind, actually. I gave the likes of Fee For All a nod of approval, even though she hated me, and I'm doing the correct thing of not hanging around when I said I was leaving. I'm not Elton John, you know.

19-05-2008, 02:46 PM
You flounce like him.
19-05-2008, 02:47 PM
I notice you have ventured over to the Dark Side, yourself Patsy. Good for you. You can see me REALLY flounce over there. It's an art form.

19-05-2008, 02:48 PM
So - you leave, then 3hrs later you're back .... again :bored:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Survivor....Where are they now? Spooky 9 1,858 02-02-2009 05:00 PM
Last Post: Patsy
  The Curmudgeon leaves you all.. The Curmudgeon 14 2,296 05-12-2008 12:45 PM
Last Post: floopy
  The Curmudgeon is ILL. The Curmudgeon 30 3,523 02-12-2008 04:30 PM
Last Post: Tigereye
  The Curmudgeon has returned to save this website. The Curmudgeon 12 2,723 27-09-2008 10:15 PM
Last Post: karenh
  SO! Isis... do you have something you'd like to tell The Curmudgeon? The Curmudgeon 70 4,587 17-05-2008 08:50 AM
Last Post: Isis
  So.. tell The Curmudgeon.. The Curmudgeon 23 2,515 16-05-2008 03:19 PM
  Quick question for you good people.... Figaro 24 3,006 15-01-2007 04:12 PM
  Online support for someone you don't know jaycee 7 916 12-11-2006 11:17 AM
Last Post: Coastie
  SO News people - volunteers wanted Haydon_acc2 19 1,891 13-09-2006 10:53 PM
Last Post: Haydon_acc2
  Television Quiz shows online. Northern angel 3 699 16-07-2006 11:17 PM
Last Post: Northern angel