Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The pre-show panel of judges....
10-09-2005, 07:29 PM

I don't understand how the judges who approve who should go through to the X-factor judges come to their decision. They can't possibily be listening to EVERYONE can they? Anyone got any ideas? and also why they would subject people (and us who have to listen) to the torture of auditioning just to be laughed at?

A friend of mine auditioned last year and didn't get past the producers. He definitely doesn't have the X-factor (on so many levels!) but he has got a pleasant voice and he is quite striking looking (notice I don't say good looking!).

They obviously have some kind of spiteful agenda for the not so talented and how they pick them so we can mock them. It's no wonder that some of them believed they could sing before they got to the actual X-factor judges if the producers have led them to believe they have some quality that the show is looking for.

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2005, 10:01 PM
I've heard this too Dol. I mean they couldn't possibly think that the old woman with no teeth (actually she was only 48!) could sing, but they knew she's get a reaction from the judges.
There is no way they could see 75000 in one day, but I wonder how many they do see/

The winner says it may be difficult but it is possible; the loser says it may be possible but it is too difficult
:yahoo: He's here!
10-09-2005, 10:13 PM
I think they are already sorted as the possibles and the bizzares, we seldom see any others, and I doubt the judges do either. It's all to make good TV at the end of the day I guess.

[Image: chirol_nawa1.gif]
~Today is the youngest you will ever be~
Find all posts by this user
12-09-2005, 09:34 AM
Dolores Wrote:why they would subject people (and us who have to listen) to the torture of auditioning just to be laughed at?
I agree with Eternity. It makes good television. They're the people who get featured most on the pre-show teasers after all. We watch in morbid fascination. Smile

Author of the fantasy thriller, Insensate - available for all ebook readers and iDevices. Find out more >here<. Only 49p/99¢!
12-09-2005, 11:08 AM
Bob Wrote:I've heard this too Dol. I mean they couldn't possibly think that the old woman with no teeth (actually she was only 48!) could sing, but they knew she's get a reaction from the judges.
There is no way they could see 75000 in one day, but I wonder how many they do see/

I read somewhere that the judges saw 800 auditionees in total.I suspect that figure could be quite accurate. :smartie:

Oh wad some power the giftie gie us
To see oursel's as others see us!'' Robert Burns.
12-09-2005, 12:34 PM
Hey Sylvia, nice to see your shoes back on here:bye:

[Image: 429.gif]
18-09-2005, 12:11 PM
I know it makes good tv to send through the really good and the really bad to the main judges, but did you see the Elvis guy last night.
I was watching the X-tra factor on ITV2 and he was complaining why hadn't he been turned down by the earlier judges if he was so bad.

In a way I agree with him, the really bad singers are often disillusioned thinking they are good, and they get sent through the first group of judges, then they must start thinking that they have a chance, only to be totally let down by Louis, Sharon and Simon and laughed at by the general public. (and yes I laugh too)

Now I know they should be aware of the way the program works, but I do wonder of the state of the minds of some of these contestants, and therefore a knock back by Louis, Sharon and Simon surely could make them more unstable.

[Image: 429.gif]
24-09-2005, 08:14 PM
Blink Wrote:I agree with Eternity. It makes good television. They're the people who get featured most on the pre-show teasers after all. We watch in morbid fascination. Smile

I have to say I've now realised what it is that p!sses me off the most with the producers choosing the duds to go through and sing to the panel. It's the pitiful scenes of some loser type sitting in the "holding area" allon their own after everyone's gone. Tonight they had the one that Simon said should join together with Geri Halliwell and I also think the sobbing girl with the blankey was shown as the last one to go through, sitting in a deserted waiting room looking like the biggest loser in history!

It's cruel! Cruel I tells ya.

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
26-09-2005, 11:54 PM
Hello Dolores,

The problem with this type of reality TV programme is that it has more to do with raising the profile of the judges and there egos than in actually finding true talent. None of the judges know what they are looking for, it is therefore presumed by the contestants that it is a free for all, as no guidelines are issued.

You have to admit that if you are faced with talentless people who don't know what a note is never mind singing one or two, any comment made irregardless of how apt or honest immediately sounds better than the individual trying to sing. Sadly, Simon has already admitted that the auditions are very medieval,( you know a historical rough justice) and that he feels it is the buzz of the excecution that obviously keeps viewers pinned to the screen.

Someone, will one day ask the judges to sing and face a phone vote, just for the hell of it.
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  25th November Show Patsy 23 7,555 15-04-2008 09:56 AM
Last Post: Patsy
  The opening show... Coastie 2 2,425 22-08-2007 09:22 AM
Last Post: MariaRob
  The Judges Coastie 3 2,983 22-08-2007 09:15 AM
Last Post: MariaRob
  2nd December Show Patsy 31 7,956 12-12-2006 12:06 PM
Last Post: survivorfan