Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things it pained you to throw away
07-11-2006, 11:46 AM

Last weekend we went out hill walking and I wore my old faithful walking boots that have been with me for years. These boots are so comfortable and have moulded to the shape of my foot.
Whilst out walking in some long grass I became aware that the sides have split a little letting water in and the tread on them has become almost none existant.
It is now time for them to retire Sad
It is not a happy day
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2006, 02:00 PM
My old microwave. It was made by Bejam - who were taken over by Iceland. There was nothing wrong with it but it was bulky and old fashioned and we wanted one with a grill. I couldnt give it away either so the Council collected it - sob!
07-11-2006, 04:44 PM
I have two items.

Firstly my wellies. I bought them one my first wedding anniversary because we woke up that morning and it had snowed :applause: I didnt own any wellies so we 'slowely' drove to a garden centre and purchased some.

They have been worn loads and were so comfy. I even wore them all through summer walking the dogs instead of sandals. In the end though they split and started letting water in. They stopped being comfy and i binned them.

My second item is my 'Bon Jovi' coat. Mr.B took me to see them in concert years ago, and Jon Bon ran on stage in this fantastic 3/4 length leather coat. He looked gorgeous and at the end of the concert i told Mr.B i wanted a 'Bon Jovi' coat. I got one. It cost a fortune, and Mr.B said it was the most expensive concert he had ever been too. He has never taken me to one again !!!

I wore that coat for years and years until it became too thin and worn. It was binned when we moved house .... and i have to admit that i almost shed a tear Huh

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-11-2006, 09:21 PM
I get sentimental over all sorts of things and find it difficult to bin anything...here's my latest tale of woe...

I have a back pack...it was my first back pack and it cost me £24 eleven years ago...it has travelled the world with me and now saddly it has had to retire...it has a couple of holes and tears and the lining is all peeled out but can I bring myself to throw it away...no...no I can't...it has been placed in the wrapping from my new back pack and placed into storage at the top of my wardrobe...:bag:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
08-11-2006, 01:20 PM
A HUGE teddy in the shape of a raccoon that my ex brought back from the US to me 24 years ago. T'was so big it travelled in the cockpit with the pilot Blush and I LOVED it. But it has seen mine, my neices and nephews hugs and tears and play for nearly quarter of a century and is subsequently worn out, and tonight it goes out in the bin.

:cry:

bam bam
08-11-2006, 02:51 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
:ohmy:

You can't do it, TE, surely?! I still have my childhood teddies in a bag in the loft and they'll stay there until they fall apart.

Can't you just build an extension?
08-11-2006, 04:15 PM
Patsy Wrote:Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
:ohmy:

You can't do it, TE, surely?! I still have my childhood teddies in a bag in the loft and they'll stay there until they fall apart.

Can't you just build an extension?

Mine are in the loft...with a few still in the bedroom...Blush

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
08-11-2006, 05:52 PM
I'm a very unsentimental kind of person and except for photos there is nothing that I am that bothered about losing. I even threw out some love letters/cards etc from my dead boyfriend cos I got fed up keep moving them from house to house all the time! Blush

I have very few things that I'm sorry I got rid of, in fact I can't think of anything right now!

It comes from years of a "gypsy lifestyle" moving every 2-3 years when I was young and chucking stuff away.

i have absolutely nothing from my childhood, no dolls, no toys, no nothing. ... except Rosebud!!!!!
09-11-2006, 01:12 PM
I couldn't do it. :cry:

Rocky Raccoon is back in da house........:applause:

god I'm such a wimp. I saw him out on the skip and just couldn't reward him with such treatment.

Spent an hour and a half repairing him last night instead...:laugh:

all is well with the world again. :thumbsup:

bam bam
09-11-2006, 01:15 PM
Horrah for TE and her cheeky Racoon...:yahoo:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Fox problems and other things... PJ 8 1,273 04-07-2007 07:13 PM
Last Post: Coastie
  Things that make you go GRRRR! Coastie 32 2,564 16-06-2007 08:47 PM
Last Post: Fee For All
  Things that worry you.... Groucho 29 2,564 10-06-2007 12:42 PM
Last Post: msgirl
  Things I couldn't care LESS about!! Dolores 42 3,511 09-06-2007 11:11 AM
  Things that make blokes proud of themselves... Seabreeze 2 781 25-04-2007 09:31 AM
Last Post: survivorfan
  Life Insurance and other morbid things ... Bonsai 23 2,497 27-02-2007 04:11 PM
  Odd things on the Intertron HushTheVoices 48 2,840 12-10-2006 10:35 AM
Last Post: Critique
  Stupid things you've bought PJ 39 2,454 16-09-2006 05:19 AM
  Small things amuse small minds... Woodstock 8 1,060 23-06-2006 04:19 PM
Last Post: Patsy
  Stupid things you do ... Critique 45 2,647 08-05-2006 01:17 PM