Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread for Karenh
07-08-2005, 02:30 PM
Thread for Karenh

karen is suffering with a bad back and a dearth of television and SO relief.

Post here with anything that might keep her amused :laugh:

Quote:Warning: Your Flip Flops Could Kill You Wearing trendy flip flops could kill you, according to new research.The fashionable footwear - ideal for the beach in hot weather - are putting the lives of road users at risk.Three in every four motorists have admitted they find it hard to drive in flip flops and road safety experts have warned that wearing the sandals in the car could be a lethal decision.

Researchers claim a flip flop, worn by millions, can easily get stuck under the pedals and cause a fatal accident, The Sun says.

Craig Martin, spokesman for Norwich Union who carried out the poll, told the newspaper: "Footwear such as flip flops are dangerous as the sole can get caught under a pedal.

"The absence of ankle support can lead to the foot slipping off the pedal altogether."

Leigh Purves, gossip columnist for the Daily Star, is among those to have had a close call while driving with designer flip flops.

She has told how, while travelling on the M1, her sandal got stuck under the brake pedal and she missed another car "by millimetres".

The Sun also says that German researchers revealed last year that 14 out of 25 pairs of flip flops they studied contained toxic chemicals known to lower sperm count in men and attack the liver, kidneys and reproductive organs.

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2005, 02:36 PM (This post was last modified: 07-08-2005 02:38 PM by Patsy.)
Thread for Karenh
Here you go Karen, try this. Let us know if you find anything interesting.

Enjoy! :bye:

Should keep her occupied for an hour or two.
07-08-2005, 02:52 PM
Thread for Karenh
Oooh fabulous!

I'm now going to burn all my flip-flips as they are quite obviously life-threatening, so straight away I've got something todo now! Then I shall spend peruse Patsy's link in the hope that it will keep me engrossed until Coronation Street comes on tonight.

My day now has a purpose! Thank you gals....

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-08-2005, 11:02 PM
Thread for Karenh
Here you go Karen....(now you really have to be bored to look at this one :w00t: )

Have a look at what I'll be doing over the next couple of weeks.
Tomorrow is the start of childrens week 2 and I shall be taking the kids to the chalking on the prom event :w00t:

Are you really bored?!?!

[Image: 429.gif]
07-08-2005, 11:04 PM
Thread for Karenh
Did you know that the Americans call flip flops thongs! Oh how confused was I working over there! Blush

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
07-08-2005, 11:46 PM
Thread for Karenh
Wierd Science facts for your perusal.....

According to Professor Walter Connor of the University of Michigan, men are six times more likely than women to be struck by lightning.

In a belt along the equator, there are 3,200 thunderstorms each night, some of which can be heard 18 miles away.

Acorns are poisonous to humans, and, if eaten, will cause kidney damage.

According to weather forecast experts, here is a rule of thumb for weather forecasting...Winds from the Northwest, west and Southwest usually indicate fair weather for a time, whereas winds from the Northeast, east and south predict unsettled weather.

There are more living organisms on the skin of each human than there are humans on the surface of the earth.

Around a million, billion neutrinos from the Sun will pass through your body while you read this sentence.....

.....and now they are already past the Moon.

Males produce one thousand sperm cells each second - 86 million each day.

Somewhere in the flicker of a badly tuned TV set is the background radiation from the Big Bang.

[Image: 429.gif]
07-08-2005, 11:54 PM
Thread for Karenh
Loving this one from the completely useless site:

The 1997 Jack Nicholson film - "As Good As It Gets", is known in China as "Mr. Cat Poop".

but

what is a Malamute?

- Source of the name "Indiana Jones": it was the name of producer George Lucas' pet Malamute.

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
07-08-2005, 11:58 PM
Thread for Karenh
Don't panic...this is a Malamute:

[Image: malamute.jpg]

Ahhh...I want one!

08-08-2005, 01:12 AM
Thread for Karenh
we americans USED to call flip flops thongs until the underwear became so popular. nowadays, flip flops and thongs are separated by the length of the legs. msgirl
08-08-2005, 01:20 AM
Thread for Karenh
Wow...when did that happen MissG...I was over there in 95 & 96 and I was terribly confused when a guy asked me if I liked his new thongs.....I didn't know where to look! Blush

After he grasped the fact that I used the word thong in a different way it was his turn to blush.... :naughty:

Sorry KH...this is supposed to be your interesting thread thingy and here I am twittering on about thongs and flip flops....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The 2007 Gardening Thread Dolores 22 4,595 19-04-2010 06:20 AM
Last Post: Groucho
  The official "Hot" Thread. The Curmudgeon 14 13,764 21-10-2008 10:24 PM
Last Post: The Curmudgeon
  Best ever thread titles floopy 3 1,255 29-05-2008 09:18 PM
Last Post: Fee For All
  The "I'm Still Alive" Thread Rob 26 3,964 26-01-2008 06:58 PM
Last Post: Gneiss
  It don't need it's own thread.... Coastie 181 8,356 06-10-2007 05:45 PM
Last Post: Coastie
  The "how drunk will Groucho get tonight" thread ... Dolores 49 4,408 05-10-2007 05:34 PM
Last Post: Rob
  The SAVE BLUEY thread Slipper 4 1,123 05-10-2007 01:38 PM
Last Post: Figaro
  The Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening Thread Critique 84 6,567 23-06-2007 05:54 AM
Last Post: msgirl
  a thread for us laydeeees... msgirl 20 2,491 19-06-2007 06:00 AM
  Thread to say anything you like to another poster! ils 1,866 59,038 16-06-2007 03:05 PM