Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thread subscription
16-11-2004, 01:18 PM
Thread subscription

Is there any way of switching this feature off Haydon? I keep finding a list of threads that I have supposedly 'subscribed' to cluttering up my CP. I have specified 'no subscription'on my options page loads of times but I still keep finding them. Is the default set to automatically subscribe or am I doing something wrong? I even tried doing away with the subscriptions folder on my CP but that doesn't seem to work either.
Quote this message in a reply
16-11-2004, 01:49 PM
Thread subscription
Voice have you got your Default Thread Subscription Mode in Edit options set to do not subscribe? If you have then I have no idea!
16-11-2004, 01:52 PM
Thread subscription
ilovesurvivor Wrote:Voice have you got your Default Thread Subscription Mode in Edit options set to do not subscribe?

She builds you up then...

ilovesurvivor Wrote:If you have then I have no idea!

Having said that, I can't help you either. I find the best option is to ignore things, and then they disappear eventually.

cheerio!
16-11-2004, 02:07 PM
Thread subscription
There is definately a way of turning it off, as i did it when we first morphed over here.

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-11-2004, 02:10 PM
Thread subscription
Well share Bonnie - Share ! Wink
16-11-2004, 02:10 PM
Thread subscription
As ils says, you can set it in your User CP then Edit Options and there is a setting for sybscriptions.

I have checked yours and your 'Automatic Thread Subscription Mode' is set to 'Do not subscribe' so you shouldn't be getting anymore, unless you specifically ask.
16-11-2004, 02:16 PM
Thread subscription
I've had a bit of a fiddle around and I think can see what went wrong now. I set it to 'no subscription' but then used the roller on my mouse to scroll down the page to save the setting, using the mouse seems to scroll the options as well :oops: Either that or I didn't save the option. Anyway, tis done now. Thanks for your help Smile
17-11-2004, 09:49 AM (This post was last modified: 17-11-2004 09:51 AM by Blink.)
Thread subscription
I see that not only do you have to subscribe to the thread you then also have to switch on email notification for each subscription. Is there a simpler one-step solution?

Author of the fantasy thriller, Insensate - available for all ebook readers and iDevices. Find out more >here<. Only 49p/99¢!
17-11-2004, 09:53 AM
Thread subscription
Are you sure your registered email address is correct?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Thread in the wrong place. Northern angel 2 373 13-03-2006 01:32 AM
Last Post: Groucho
  Subscription to threads.... Dolores 4 401 07-08-2005 12:16 PM
Last Post: ils
  The Smiley Request Thread Part II Ceridwen 52 1,932 08-02-2005 05:28 PM
Last Post: ils