Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thursday 16/11/06 Show
16-11-2006, 10:51 PM (This post was last modified: 16-11-2006 11:07 PM by Pandora.)
Thursday 16/11/06 Show

For those who dont know, Dean Gaffney, the latest recruit to the jungle is an ex z lister soap star who hasnt appeared on TV for years. Im presuming the thought of being back on TV was why he was retching and nearly vomitting during his live bush tucker trial tonight? :devil:

He did well though, he got 9 stars for the camp, despite coming across as hyperventilating, hysterical, over-acting lunatic. What part of "watch the crocodiles, Dean.... ermmm careful of the crocs, Dean...." did he not understand? He nearly killed the poor little buggars, galumphing about in the pool like a hippo on amphetamines. I have to say that he worried me at first, with all the hyperventilating and retching. It really was cruel to drop him in it like that, but I think it was tinged with a teeny bit of hammy acting too.

Notice too that Ant completely took over the live show, due to the fact that Dec was pishing himself laughing nearly all the way through and was virtually incapable of speech....

Back in the camp, Jan Leeming needed to be told by Scott Henshall that the reason she's been picked to do another trial is because she ISNT popular with the public, not that she IS - as Jan seems to think.
Her whingeing and moaning and backstabbing continues, as does her flirting with Toby Anstis, which quite frankly puts me right off my cocoa. And as for Jan's nipples in the yellow BushTucker Outfit, well Mr Pandora had to leave the room.
Both Scott and Jan did well in that high wire challenge though, despite the silly cow not tying a balloon on securely enough and therefore, yet again, forefeiting a star. Saying all that, wild horses wouldnt have got me up there, so good on em for getting the four(?) stars.

Im liking David Gest more and more. He was fretting about his hair and the way he looked tonight. Not in a vain way, but more insecurity than anything. Bless him.

Myleene, Matt and David worked as a great team to win their Treasure chest and for once they actually won the contents too, which was a tub of real tea and some shortbread biscuits, which they all fell on. Everyone said it was the best cuppa theyd ever had.

Phina is close to decking Jan, (Hooooraaayyyy).
Scott had a fabulous bitching session with Faith Brown about Jan, and they all had a sing a long with Jason Donovan - who, for some reason, looks permanently bemused by everything.

Liking the cut of your jib.........[Image: aniburns.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-11-2006, 11:08 PM
Thursday 16/11/06 Show
Thanks for that Pan, I was out tonight so missed it. Did the public vote for Dean Gaffney to do the trial or was he do it before he got into camp? Who else went in with him? What did he have to do for his trial? I am gutted at missing Dec having a fit of the hysterics as he really makes me giggle when he does that.

Poor Jan just hasn't got a clue has she? I always thought that newscasters were intelligent people but she clearly is not! Has she never watched it before?

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
16-11-2006, 11:15 PM
Thursday 16/11/06 Show
Bella Wrote:Thanks for that Pan, I was out tonight so missed it. Did the public vote for Dean Gaffney to do the trial or was he do it before he got into camp? Who else went in with him? What did he have to do for his trial? I am gutted at missing Dec having a fit of the hysterics as he really makes me giggle when he does that.

Poor Jan just hasn't got a clue has she? I always thought that newscasters were intelligent people but she clearly is not! Has she never watched it before?

We had to decide who was going in out of Dean Gaffney (ex Eastenders soap star) and Malandra Burrows (ex Emmerdale soap star). We saw both of them in a little interview and to be honest, IMO, Malandra came across as an absolute idiot. She simpered and tittered during her interview which was interspersed with loud, long hysterical laughter over nothing in particular. Mr Pan and I sat going :mellow: at the TV.

Anyway, Dean was voted in, he walked toward the clearing to Ant and Dec and was told he was going to do a live trial (it was now 10pm our time), and he did!
It was called Bushtucker Spa (or summink). He had to lie in a chair, as if at a hair salon, and cockroaches poured into the basin while his head was in it. He got one star. Another was having to put his face in a bowl of water filled with vomit fruit - he just missed the star for that one, another was he had to feel with his feet for stars in a box full of rats, which he got another couple of stars, there was a jacuzzi full of baby crocs with a star in the bottom - Dean was told to go in gently, instead he jumped in, thrashed around like a maniac and got a star (Im sure he must have murdered a croc or two), there were a biting ants compartment that he had to put his hand in; the ants bit him and he nearly went hysterical.... cant really remember anymore. Suffice to say they were all disgusting, smelly, insecty and foul and he retched and vomitted throughout.... :bored:

Liking the cut of your jib.........[Image: aniburns.gif]
17-11-2006, 07:27 AM
Thursday 16/11/06 Show
I nearly didn't watch the BTT as The Sopranos was on at the same time, but I'm so glad I did! It was hilarious. I couldn't decide what was funnier - Dean Gaffney's complete terror or Ant and Dec's reactions.

But god, well done Dean! 9 stars.

I didn't get the impression it was hammy acting - Paul Burrell, now that was hammy acting, this was just sheer, sick to the stomach (literally) fear.

And Bella, I'm sure it'll be repeated in all its glory tonight.

Myleene is just shining in this. What a lovely girl she is. And I'm really liking Jason too - but he's looking rougher by the minute.

I'd like to see those 2 plus David in the final 3.
17-11-2006, 11:29 AM
Thursday 16/11/06 Show
I watched the live feed last night and they sent poor Dene into camp still covered in that yellow gunk and maggots without his backpack. Then they wouldn't turn the "waterfall" on for him to have a shower so he had to plunge into the freezing lagoon (he seemed as reluctant to do that as he did on the BTT Smile ) The yellow gunk seemed like it had some sort of dye in it and when the prog went off he was standing in his yellow stained soggy wet pants being scrubbed down by Phina (I think it was)!!
17-11-2006, 01:36 PM
Thursday 16/11/06 Show
Thanks for that Pandora - really informative.
I went out last night and thought I had recorded it - but forgot to set the the channel - DOH!
Saw about the last minute of the live trial.

I watched live feed though and I did also feel a bit sorry for Dean, it was about 12:45 am by the time he got to camp which meant even with the time lag he had been kept waiting for 2hours with all the gunk on him.
And he wasn't expecting to go in straight away - just thought he was going for a meeting with the producers today!

Methinks he should have done a bit more research into the show :naughty:

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." -– Mario Andretti. :yahoo:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Saturday, 25th November 06 Show Pandora 8 2,911 26-11-2006 04:53 PM
Last Post: Bella
  Wednesday, 22nd November Show Pandora 12 3,467 24-11-2006 09:46 AM
Last Post: Bonsai
  Monday, 20th November Show - incorp fight night !!! Pandora 30 3,715 22-11-2006 09:37 PM
Last Post: Bella
  Sunday, 19th November Show Pandora 13 2,419 21-11-2006 11:07 AM
Last Post: Pandora
  Saturday 18th November show Pandora 5 1,356 19-11-2006 07:32 PM
Last Post: xrayspex
  Wednesday, 15/11/06 show Pandora 8 1,611 16-11-2006 06:38 PM
  Monday 13/11/2006 Show Pandora 10 1,765 15-11-2006 05:42 PM