Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to say goodbye.
19-05-2008, 11:21 AM
Time to say goodbye.

I think this post needs some music. Put this in the background..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmS41_JdV...re=related

You know, its almost like fate was trying to step in to prevent this post. I was going to write this yesterday and the whole site was down all day (or was it just me?) but you can only hold off the inevitable for so long..

So, I've finally come to the conclusion that my review threads are NOT going to be removed. I tried, Lord knows I tried, sending messages and even writing a thread dedicated to catching the attention of Haydon. And he did read it, but did he act on it?

I was going to write another one to him until I realised he is the least effective mod/admin ever. Does he own this site? Because it looks like he is bored to tears with it. Useless.

So that sucks, but I can learn to live with it. I could **** and moan about it, but hey - you never know, those reviews might bring some new members to my site. Doubtful, yes but - could happen.

So never let it be said that The Curmudgeon does not stick to his word. I said I was leaving, then I said I was returning only to get my reviews removed. That's not happening, so I'd best keep my end of the bargain up, at least.

And so - now it really is time to say goodbye. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't enjoyed my time in here; there's been some good slanging matches going on and, as my pic shows, I really do think I was addicted to it for a little while.

That's not down to the forum - which sucks. Seriously, I couldn't edit threads, I couldn't check my profile or anyone else's and I couldn't get any private messages. Its not down to the way the site is run - in fact, I've never seen so little interest from an admin member for his own site ever. And then when one mod does come in, she tries to assert her authoro-tay, banning me without actually looking for any info about it, and then quickly turns around her decision 'cos she's gutless. Idiot.

No - I was here, and I am leaving this message for - the people who come in here every day, the people that it was a lot of fun talking to, whether it was slinging insults or not.

You don't have a good forum here, but you DO have a good community. And really, its a community we all know I could never really be a part of.

So, The Curmudgeon bids you all farewell. My mission was to lure in a few other members of this board onto my own, and I succeeded in bringing across one. There is always room for more. Take that as an open invite.

It's been fun, boys and girls. But for now, your Irresponsible Hate Monger is walking away. Off to cause more havoc and mayhem, off to irritate and annoy like only The Curmudgeon can. Really, would anyone have it any other way?

And hey, if you start to miss me - you know where I am.

Don't abuse children, or else they'll turn out like me.
http://www.thecurmudgeon.proboards88.com - The site to save your life.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-05-2008, 11:47 AM
Time to say goodbye.
Do you allow "nice" on your forum?
Find all posts by this user
19-05-2008, 11:54 AM
Time to say goodbye.
Patsy, I'm like a totally different person in there than I am here.

When you're in the Fortress, you're one of US. When you're not, you're one of THEM.

19-05-2008, 12:14 PM
Time to say goodbye.
The Curmudgeon, I feel a bit cheated as you and I never really got the opportunity to bond.

Before you go, let me impart some wisdom to you which has been passed down through the generations of family: Never look a blind horse in the eye, for it might fart in your face. Follow this advice and you are sure to go far.

Godspeed, my friend. Godspeed.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
19-05-2008, 12:56 PM (This post was last modified: 19-05-2008 12:59 PM by Patsy.)
Time to say goodbye.
The Curmudgeon Wrote:Patsy, I'm like a totally different person in there than I am here.

When you're in the Fortress, you're one of US. When you're not, you're one of THEM.

You're just trying to lure me into your web of iniquity aren't you? Go on, admit it. I'm not that easy, you know.

Well.... actually. OK, I am.

One mistake I think you did make, Mudger, was "outing" Isis. I doubt many people on this board would have wanted everyone to know they had joined yours. Oh, the shame!
19-05-2008, 01:29 PM
Time to say goodbye.
Patsy Wrote:You're just trying to lure me into your web of iniquity aren't you? Go on, admit it. I'm not that easy, you know.

Well.... actually. OK, I am.

One mistake I think you did make, Mudger, was "outing" Isis. I doubt many people on this board would have wanted everyone to know they had joined yours. Oh, the shame!

A mistake yes, its not the best way forward is it.....especially if you wanted to recruit, but i didnt have a problem with it, I dont give a **** who knows what forums i post on.....

I post on several others, would anyone like the links????? :laugh:

I am Isis on every other forum, however, when I went over to the "Dark Side" (to be said in the loud booming voice that TC likes :wink2Smile I didnt think Isis was an appropriate name so I chose Succubus, for those who dont know what it means......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Succubus

what amused me the most about it was that the Church "invented" the Succubus to explain away their wet dreams :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
[Image: isis.gif]
19-05-2008, 02:34 PM
Time to say goodbye.
Actually, in defense of "outing" Isis, I actually thought she was going to "out" herself on here, like she had only joined for a laugh or to "spy" on me or something. I was expecting to see a "Look, I joined The Fortress and The Curmudgeon's being nice to me. Isn't he a tw at?" kind of thread. Well, that's what I thought might happen.

Did I mention I've been on strong painkillers recently?

19-05-2008, 02:38 PM
Time to say goodbye.
You know what thought did, don't you?
19-05-2008, 02:40 PM
Time to say goodbye.
Is that a rhetorical question?

19-05-2008, 02:48 PM
Time to say goodbye.
Can't you tell?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What time did you have your bath last night? Mars 26 3,947 10-10-2008 11:31 AM
Last Post: Buzz
  Worrying Time Over Cat. Northern angel 36 2,552 09-02-2007 04:22 AM
Last Post: Northern angel
  I Love This Goodbye Story Slipper 4 1,061 10-01-2007 12:59 PM
Last Post: Figaro
  Next time you go shopping.... Andrea 9 1,547 24-10-2006 09:54 AM
Last Post: MariaRob
  time for tea! mikado 15 1,490 26-08-2006 09:19 PM
Last Post: Sammboelyn
  Day Time TV Bonsai 14 1,549 16-08-2006 05:31 PM
Last Post: Coastie
  Your first time... Coastie 12 1,621 15-06-2006 06:58 PM
Last Post: Coastie
  OK..I really am back this time.... Kittencat 19 1,595 07-12-2005 12:32 PM
Last Post: Kittencat
  When was the last time you had a "decent" ****? Patsy 24 1,493 05-09-2005 05:41 PM
Last Post: Rob
  You know you spend too much time on this site when... Dolores 43 2,332 21-08-2005 09:43 PM
Last Post: mazwad