Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To the Manor Born
13-08-2005, 04:39 PM
To the Manor Born

Just had an afternoon fest of these old repeats whilst ironing - bloomin marvelous. But why oh why didn't Audrey Forbes-Hamilton get with the dashing Richard Deviere sooner - I would have been at him like a shot, gorgeous he was, gorgeous.

I think I should have been born into money.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-08-2005, 05:35 PM
To the Manor Born
He was a Polish nouveau-riche commoner Cat. Honestly. You've no breeding. None at all.
Find all posts by this user
13-08-2005, 06:28 PM
To the Manor Born
Great programme and great cast :thumbsup:
13-08-2005, 06:33 PM
To the Manor Born
Patsy Wrote:He was a Polish nouveau-riche commoner Cat. Honestly. You've no breeding. None at all.

Whats that got to do with the price of fish when you fancy a quicky with a rich man?
13-08-2005, 06:46 PM
To the Manor Born
Which is PRECISELY why you shouldn't have been born into money. :w00t:
13-08-2005, 06:54 PM
To the Manor Born
Patsy Wrote:Which is PRECISELY why you shouldn't have been born into money. :w00t:

S'pose. :sad:
13-08-2005, 08:13 PM
To the Manor Born
I wish you had tipped me the wink - young Cat ... my ironing veiwing this after was a v. young and handsome Paul Newman and Jacqueline Bissett in The End of Time - some palava about a volcano.:sleep:

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

16-08-2005, 03:10 PM
To the Manor Born
I love this show. There were a few on TV around the same time. This, The Good Life and Ever Decreasing Circles. They were all brilliant comedys, and i can watch them time and time again.

I often say Mr.B and i look like Harold and Hilda from Ever Decreasing Circles when we get ready to go out. We change separately, but we always manage to look similar !!!

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
16-08-2005, 07:32 PM
To the Manor Born
Bonsai Wrote:I love this show. There were a few on TV around the same time. This, The Good Life and Ever Decreasing Circles. They were all brilliant comedys, and i can watch them time and time again.

I often say Mr.B and i look like Harold and Hilda from Ever Decreasing Circles when we get ready to go out. We change separately, but we always manage to look similar !!!

Richard Briers is one of the funniest actors on TV - its a shame he isnt on more prime time sit coms, ahhh thats why isnt it, they dont make many any more, I LOVED all 3 series - we watched The Good Life on the last showing on UK Gold and I will keep my eye out for Ever Decreasing Circles :thumbsup:

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Time is never wasted when you are wasted all the time :pimp:[/FONT]
[Image: isis.gif]
17-08-2005, 08:27 AM
To the Manor Born
I loved the Good Life too....my favourite episode was the one where Margo finds her sense of humour. It was such a feel good programme and yes Richard Briers was brillo pads.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Born with two mothers Andrea 3 703 25-04-2005 07:58 PM
Last Post: Becks