Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tonight's Show (6/11/04)
06-11-2004, 07:31 PM
Tonight's Show (6/11/04)

The bad acts get worse and the good acts become more mediocre (except for Rowetta and to a lesser extent Steve).

2 To Go - just go, go, go! They are rubbish and Louis is obviously going for the sympathy vote with Peter blindness, ye gods he even referred to Peter as "Poor Peter" tonight. Totally tastless Louis and patronising.

Tabby - with that guitar is just pathetic! He dances around like some prat on acid and cos he choses rocky songs he tinks he's a rocker ... well he aint!

Rowetta did a great job tonight but even she was a little over the top at some points. Her song still brought a tear to my eye even when she was way OTT.

Steve did well tonight, but that smile is really starting to irritate me!

Thank god for G4 - I haven't laughed so much in a long long time. They were hysterical and absolutely dire. Yep I think they outgrossed Darius on the smarm appeal tonight. I think both renditions of Hit Me One More Time are worthy of joint top awful moments on TV talent shows!! .... with Roger DeCourcey's Nookie Bear closely following! lol!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2004, 07:37 PM
Tonight's Show (6/11/04)
I am so fed up with Louis Walsh - just ridiculous. He is ruining G4 and should at least have learnt from last weeks song choice.

He is so jealous of Mr Cowell. Every week he goes, 'Blah blah blah, something which you know nothing about Simon'. Urgh!

The bottom two tonight should be 2 to go and G4. Also Voices with Soul were not that impressive either. Shame on Louis.

I thought all of the other acts were very good. Rowetta is the X Factor star though.

My Shark Website
[Image: Fin.gif]
____/\___\0/____
06-11-2004, 07:39 PM
Tonight's Show (6/11/04)
I quite liked G4, but that may be because I was expecting it to be so much worse! I still think they have given all they have to offer though and they would be in my bottom four this week.

I thought Steve was very good.

Rowetta was also impressive. The problem for me with her is that you are just getting into thinking "Ah bless, she's quite sweet really" when she goes off one one of her mad 'needy' rants and ruins it! She gets on my pip I'm afraid.

2toGo - Just go. And Pete, lose the girl she's holding you back. Louis was pathetically patronising and if I were Peter I'd have been insulted.

Cassie was very weak, the 'ooohs' didn't make up for the lack of a decent Aretha 'growl' I'm afraid.

Tabby - I liked it but the guitar bits annoy me, we know you can play, now put it away Rolleyes

Voices with Soul - just ok, I thought they were out of tune and the harmonies didn't work at all.

I'd have 2toGo and Voices/Cassie in the bottom with 2toGo going.
06-11-2004, 07:44 PM
Tonight's Show (6/11/04)
I thought Smiling Boy did quite well tonight......showed his vocal talent off.

Rowetta has a great voice singing, they should switch her off before she starts talking though.

Felt a bit sorry for Cassie tonight. I think she's got a really strong voice most of the time, but I think she struggles with some of the lower notes.

There were a couple of times when it sounded very karaoke. Covering Aretha is always going to be double tough anyway.

Rocker boy I just cant take seriously, and 2 to Go had Peter trying to do Way 2 Much in two minutes.

G4 will go I think. They sounded a bit like those blokes on the Jonathan Ross show this evening.

"You can put lipstick on a pig...but it's still a pig!!!"
Find all posts by this user
06-11-2004, 07:51 PM
Tonight's Show (6/11/04)
Groucho Wrote:2 to Go had Peter trying to do Way 2 Much in two minutes.
Yes it was a bit manic wasn't it! i think Louis knows they are weak and wanted to showcase as many of Peter's talents as possible in a 90 second period to try and sway the voting public to keep them in ... don't think it's gonna work though.

....even though he's had 500,000,000 number one hits and (what didyou call them Groucho!!) ****elife have a new album of somone else's songs coming out - Louis is still a twit!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
06-11-2004, 08:08 PM
Tonight's Show (6/11/04)
Fabulous: Rowetta

Good: Steve ... finally understand why he is still in this competition
Tabby.... showman to the nth degree
Cassie ....though nerves made this possibly her worst performance

Unsafe: VWS .....hit too may bum notes
2 to Go ......He is great but she is dragging them down

Horrendous: G4 ...even Darius did it better :confused: :eek:
Find all posts by this user
06-11-2004, 08:20 PM
Tonight's Show (6/11/04)
Well I loved in order:

1. Tabby
  2. Steve
  3. Cassie
  4. Roweta

then the OK's:

Voices with Soul [but I am so pleased they explained who was who in the family I had the mother as the daughter and the Aunt as the mother making the aunt the daughter - are you still with me??]Tongue

And lastly the awfuls:

G4
2 to Go - Peter would have been better off by himself - but even then, talented as he may be, he has no X factor IMO.
06-11-2004, 09:00 PM
Tonight's Show (6/11/04)
I was stunned watching X-Factor tonight - all my opinions were turned around.

I normally LOVE Cassie - she impressed me tonight when she agreed with Simon's assessment cos I thought he was exactly right.

Tabby I like but I thought he was weak tonight - likewise Steve (sorry Ils). I thought he was ok but he lacked the 'ommff' I associate with the X-Factor.

VWS were off key & their harmonies were all to pot & 2 To Go were dreadful as normal. G4 sang well but it just didn't work.

Rowetta annoys the bejesus out of me but tonight she was amazing........by far the best of the bunch.

Surely it is time for 2 To Go to do exactly that!

& of course, Simon looked his normal sexy self. He looks fab in a suit, don't you agree? Heart

edited to say 'I got my dolphin back, yaay' - with Voicey's help Big Grin

I'm usually thin & gorgeous - today is my day off
http://www.boomspeed.com/egraphics/egg03063.gif
06-11-2004, 09:21 PM
Tonight's Show (6/11/04)
jaycee Wrote:& of course, Simon looked his normal sexy self. He looks fab in a suit, don't you agree? Heart

Yes I do Jacyee! Much better than the black t-shirt with his man boobs showing!

06-11-2004, 10:59 PM
Tonight's Show (6/11/04)
Dol, thank goodness. I've suddenly felt an overwhelming desire to post a critique on the acts, Simon's man boobs not withstanding. You're right thought, they do stand out like a sore thumb.

Voices with Soul: Oddly, their first week’s song, ain’t no mountain high enough, which landed them in the bottom two, IMO brought out the very best of their talent. Bridge over troubled water was an unusual choice from Louis, but it did force us to concentrate on the quality of their voices with very little in the way of backing track. Their first rendition had flaws as Simon rightly pointed out, but did anyone else notice that the second version for the judges was near perfect? (I realise they concentrated on the bit where their voices were most in hamony) They raised their game more than 2 to Go, and as such I was willing Louis not to be a plonker and allow Simon the casting vote, but to make the decision on what he could hear with his own ears - assuming he's not tone deaf.

Cassie: I thought Simon had more sense but now both Sharon AND Simon have committed the mortal sin. Both have given their artists impossible mountains to climb with classics from female vocalists that can’t be emulated in any shape or form. I admit this a particular bugbear of mine. Even if Verity hadn’t been nervous last week, Whitney’s 'I will always love you' was guaranteed to put her out of the race unless she had a vocal quality to die for. Cassie is just 17 years old and to force her to sing a soul classic from a woman who has been voted the best female vocalist of all time is ludicrous. Cassie had a good stab at it, to give her credit, but she has neither the experience or the voice to pull it off – she was sold down the river and totally out of her leauge with that choice of song. BTW – where was the dancing? I must have missed it. I think she was a very very lucky young lady to avoid the bottom two!!

2 toGo: They previously admitted what they do best is ballads. Therefore in theory, this was the perfect song for them. There is no doubt that Peter is a talented musician, and I personally like the quality of his voice. However, I think the duo do present some problems. When Peter is singing, it’s never quite clear how Emma fits in as she gyrates in the background. If it were a video of the recording, it would cut from one active vocalist to another but all we see is Peter singing his heart out and Emma at a loose end. If it were the xfactor seventies or early eighties style, they'd be up there, but as it is I don't think they are offering anything unique. It's commendable that Peter is blind and such a talented musician and good luck to them both, but it would be patronising to base an innacurate to belive that that alone would sell CDs.

G4: Agree with Sharon, the choice of song was totally bizarre. Louis would be well advised to work with their strengths which are numerous rather than highlighting their weaknesses which are few but by golly Louis has found them. They are different, and they are undoubtedly talented but whether this is enough to sell records to the CD buying public, I don’t know. As far as votes go, I would be concerned that a lot of their appeal lies in the voice and impossibly cute Jonathan who the camera is drawn to and who’s microphone seems to be set several decibels higher than the others...

Steve: A smile to melt the heat and finally a song to go with it. Not an obvious choice but this performance was streets ahead of the previous two. Depends on the break down of the voting public for xfactor, but if a good proportion of them are over say 30, Steve could do very well.

Rowetta: She has a fantastic voice. Personally it doesn't give me goosebumps or even stop my putting the kettle on, but that's just me.

Tabby: 'My oh my' was a tour de force. However, why was Simon being so nice about 'Addicted to love'. It was good but it wasn't all that and the faux guitar is really beginning to grate. It comes down to whether you believe that someone like Tabby would prostitute himself to be on a show such as Xfactor in the first place.

Have I missed anyone?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  25th November Show Patsy 23 7,399 15-04-2008 09:56 AM
Last Post: Patsy
  The opening show... Coastie 2 2,378 22-08-2007 09:22 AM
Last Post: MariaRob
  2nd December Show Patsy 31 7,778 12-12-2006 12:06 PM
Last Post: survivorfan
  Songs for Dec 9th Show Critique 13 4,931 09-12-2006 09:43 PM