Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tonight's show - 18th November
18-11-2006, 08:09 PM

Possibly the worst week EVER ... for singers and their judges.

The singers with the exception of Robert were mediocre, samey, boring and tuneless.

Ben - if ever there was a one trick pony it's him. That song was just such an embarrasing Joe Cocker cover.

Ray - gives me the willies. All that gyrating - he's on 12 for goodness sake far too young to be taken seriously as a sex symbol.

Leona - just too shouty and screechy for me - very samey.

Eton Road - where to start - absolutely blooming awful tonight. A more out of tune and embarrassing rendition of a song I have yet to hear on national tv (ooops scrap that just remembered Jan from IAC!!!). They were awful - illnesses aside they were just dire.

McD bros - aw come on now!

Louis - a complete an utter utter utter winker. How many times did he say "Simon you weren't here last week, I was mentoring my acts all last week while you were in the states" ... honestly louis you tiresome little ejeet we heard you the first ten times!!! Wasnt' he pathetic when he was clapping Eton Rd like like some performing seal who just doesn't know when to quit.

Sharon - a desparate harpy who never knows whose bandwagon to jump on Louis or Simons. Her comments about McD bros was just the pits "very nice" ... very nice?! wtf ... what kind of constructive comment is that ffs?

Simon - oh dear losing it a bit lately, seems to rise to Louis futile playground baiting just a little bit too easily.

... still can't stop watching!!!

I reckon that Ray and Eton Rd will be in the bottom two with Ray going (cos Sharon will side with Louis regardless of what she thinks).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2006, 08:26 PM
Dol, hate to say the agree thingy but you have more or less posted exactly what I felt, although I did think Leona's performance was really good.

Robert to me is the star of the show and is probably the only one whose CD I would buy.

Ray was making me feel physically sick with all his hip thrusting and bottom shaking! West-end is definitely where he belongs but I can see him turning up in Corrie as David Platt's long lost twin!

Eton Road were all over the place tonight and as much as I do like Anthony he was like a spare part this week - I reckon the others could make a really good threesome.

Ben - *yawn* *yawn* *yawn* - even my 3 year old shouts Boring Ben at the TV screen when he comes on.

There is absolutely no getting away from the fact that Leona can sing, but she doesn't really do it for me although I did enjoy her version of Bridge over Troubled Water but what the heck was she wearing - it was awful and she looked really uncomfortable but.....*shock* *horror* I agree with Louis, I would like to see her do something a bit more upbeat without the screeching.

As for the judges, kids in the school playground behave better - role models they are not.

It will between Ray, Eton Road and the McD Bros in the bottom two this week.

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
18-11-2006, 08:50 PM
I totally agree that it was the worst week yet Dol, but I blame the choice of songs for the poor performances.

For a start, "You are not alone" was sung by Michael Jackson in his "quiet" mode when he uses that thin almost child-like voice he can do as opposed to "Billie Jean" and "Thriller" etc. Why the heck choose that for Robert, who has the power in his voice to do a belting Tom Jones type number.

Then likewise "Bridge over troubled water" was also a quiet song when sung by Simon and Garfunkle. It didn't give Leone the chance to show the power in her voice, she had to resort to adding a lot of "fol-de-rols" to it (well I know what I mean :laugh: ) in order to belt it out a bit.

Eton Road were on a hiding to nowhere with the Scissor Sisters number. For a start it's still too fresh in everyone's mind how it should be sung and I'm sorry to the Anthony fans but I just don't think he adds anything to the group and his trilling out the high notes doesn't work for me.

Ray, once again, proved that he is an entertainer but not a singer. He just turned out another "Butlins Red Coat" performance.

Ben, after a shakey start, managed to choke out a strangled rendition of "I'll get by with a little help from my friends" and to be honest, he had a lot of help from his friends, the backing singers who managed to cover up the worst bits.

Then there was the McDonalds! From what I heard they didn't sound too bad this week, (and for me that's a first) but I got interrupted viewing so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt :laugh:

----------

Sorry Bella, I wasn't ignoring your comments but I got stopped in the middle of posting and you'd posted before I added mine.

I said exactly the same as you to Mr. C, that Eton Road would be better without Anthony.
20-11-2006, 09:55 AM
Bye Bye Robert.

I was glad in a way that he went and not Eton Road.

Eton Road may be, at times crap - but they are different. If everyone was a ballad singer it would be very very boring.

But why oh why are the desperately sad McDonald Bros still there ?

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
20-11-2006, 12:59 PM
I'm still loving Ben...but then he has the kinda of voice I enjoy listening to...a bit dirty :naughty:

Ray is definately better suited to stage or maybe Butlins!

Leona can sing...she has an incredible voice but in the same way that Mariah Carey, Celine Dion and a few of those other types don't do it for me...she doesn't...I appreciate her talent but I wouldn't pay money to hear her sing.

I wouldn't say I was glad to see Robert go this week but better him than Eaton Road (who are fun and different and I love that about them) but I do confess to have become bored with him.

Eaton Road...as I said above...are a bit of fun...

What the heck the McD, with their serious personality bypasses, are still doing there I don't know...nice guys yes but my goodness they are sooo boring!

I really thought it would have been the McD's n Ray in the bottom two and was shocked when it was Eaton Rd and Robert...howell...how weird the public can be at times.

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
20-11-2006, 04:48 PM
You know I would not be at all surprised to see the McD Brothers in the final. It is obvious they are getting the sympathy vote or some people in Scotland feel the need to vote for them just because they are Scottish but then why didn't they vote for Nikita or Kerry?!! The mind boggles.

You are spot on about Leona Coastie re Mariah Carey, Celine Dion - these are two singers while I respect they have good vocals I just cannot stand! I would like her to be a bit more like Kelly Clarkson, to see if she can do something different.

Sorry but Ben is still boring me big style, I loved him at the beginging but his nasal voice when he speak really grinds on me and I have a feeling that he isn't that nice all the time. He looks as if he has a bit of a mean streak.

Eton Road are different but I do think that after the past couple of weeks, if they want to hit the big time after the X-Factor they have to think about letting Anthony go..................:shocking:

20-11-2006, 04:56 PM
Bella Wrote:Sorry but Ben is still boring me big style, I loved him at the beginging but his nasal voice when he speak really grinds on me and I have a feeling that he isn't that nice all the time. He looks as if he has a bit of a mean streak.
He has good hair though. Mr. B and i spent ages on saturday discussing whether his semi wave was natural or not. Mr.B (who has long hair) decided he fancied trying out a few curler techniques :mellow: Sad, us :laugh:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
20-11-2006, 06:25 PM
Bonny, I would love to take a pair of shears to Ben's hair! :devil:

20-11-2006, 10:14 PM
Bella Wrote:Bonny, I would love to take a pair of shears to Ben's hair! :devil:

me too! and this is coming from a woman who likes men with long hair.

his hair is just way too prissy and "cultured" ... he could be on the old harmony hairspray adverts!!
20-11-2006, 10:57 PM
Bella Wrote:It is obvious they are getting the sympathy vote or some people in Scotland feel the need to vote for them just because they are Scottish but then why didn't they vote for Nikita or Kerry?!! The mind boggles.

I think there probably is a bit of sympathy voting going on, but as to why the voters are calling for the McD's and not Nikkita / Kerry, it might be because they are two young lads, who aren't that bad looking. The majority of voters on this show are young girls/women in the 16-24 age group, and to that demographic these two lads might be quite appealling.

Eitehr way, its been proven over time that the male contestants on this show steal a higher % of votes.
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  25th November Show Patsy 23 7,619 15-04-2008 09:56 AM
Last Post: Patsy
  The opening show... Coastie 2 2,446 22-08-2007 09:22 AM
Last Post: MariaRob
  2nd December Show Patsy 31 8,013 12-12-2006 12:06 PM
Last Post: survivorfan
  Songs for Dec 9th Show Critique 13 5,105 09-12-2006 09:43 PM
Last Post: Coastie