Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tonight's show - 21 Oct
21-10-2006, 05:57 PM
Tonight's show - 21 Oct

So far: good performance from Leona; Ashley much better than last week; Nikita - good performance; Dionne - very stiff performance but fantastic voice; Kerry - too dull; MacDonalds - oh what a waste of stage space...

Author of the fantasy thriller, Insensate - available for all ebook readers and iDevices. Find out more >here<. Only 49p/99¢!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-10-2006, 07:10 PM
Tonight's show - 21 Oct
Fave tonight was Ben! He just stole the show and he will definitely be in the final without a doubt!

Robert was fab as well but agree that he needs to just calm down a little, as if he does that sort of thing every week it will becoming tiresome.

I just can't warm to Ashley and ditto for Leona even though they both have really good voices, they aren't doing anything different to what has already been done before.

I think the acts in the bottom this week will be the McD bros as they didn't fo anything for me at all,and 4sure as I thought they were all over the place tonight, and I reckon Dionne could well be there this week as well. Again she has a good voice but her personality is a bit of a let-down.

I am really, really liking Nikitta still even though I didn't know the song, she is just such a happy person on stage and handles it really well.

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
21-10-2006, 08:37 PM
Tonight's show - 21 Oct
Argh.

I think we are experiencing the same ludicrous patriotic voting that won Michelle McManus Pop Idol.

Poop.

Author of the fantasy thriller, Insensate - available for all ebook readers and iDevices. Find out more >here<. Only 49p/99¢!
21-10-2006, 09:03 PM
Tonight's show - 21 Oct
Blink Wrote:Argh.

I think we are experiencing the same ludicrous patriotic voting that won Michelle McManus Pop Idol.

Poop.

I just don't get it - there are 3 Scottish acts in the final, are you saying that everyone in Scotland is voting for all 3?! I didn't tele-vote any of them but if I had to vote it would have been for Ben as he was the best! I think the telephone vote is a farce as people just vote over & over again - you should be allowed one vote and one vote only!

I can't believe that the McDonald Bros actually got more votes than Robert - I do think that 4sure deserved to be in the final 2 as they were really poor but it should have been the McD bros too, I just hope that they do not get thrown a life-line next week and if people are voting just because they are Scottish then it kind of defeats the whole purpose of looking for the X-factor doesn't it?

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT
21-10-2006, 09:05 PM
Tonight's show - 21 Oct
Blink Wrote:Argh.

Poop.

I tend to agree with you

♪♪♪♪ If there´s a bustle in your hedgerow don’t be alarmed now. It´s just a spring clean for the May-Queen. Yes there two paths you can go by. But in the long run. There´s still time to change the road you´re on ♪♪♪♪ Smile :applause: ♪
21-10-2006, 09:17 PM
Tonight's show - 21 Oct
Bella Wrote:it kind of defeats the whole purpose of looking for the X-factor doesn't it?
It does.

I just can't come up with any other explanation for why the act that everyone - and I mean EVERYONE - I talk to about, agrees is the worst on the show is not even in the bottom 2. The studio audience on ITV2 agreed, all the guests agreed, the judges seem to agree, everyone with the slightest interest in X Factor seems to agree, so what's going on?

I shouldn't take it so seriously...

21-10-2006, 09:31 PM
Tonight's show - 21 Oct
No-one really stood out for me this week. Ben's song choice was boringly predictable. I wonder if they can actually hear themselves above the music and the crowd because every act was out of tune at some point during their performance tonight. Also, there were some very dubious song choices.

Can't decide if Rod's impression of Bonnie Tyler was bad or good.
Find all posts by this user
22-10-2006, 01:20 PM
Tonight's show - 21 Oct
No doubt this has been said elsewhere, but surely if the point of the show is that the most popular performer wins the judges should be impartial and not be in a position where they have to protect their own acts?

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
22-10-2006, 01:49 PM
Tonight's show - 21 Oct
quite so SF ... which is why the whole thing is a complete farce. I find myself caring less and less about watching it.

I also get annoyed when the telephone information comes up they show a picture of the judge for that performer rather than the performer - which is after all what we should be voting for.

btw - does anyone actually phone in to vote? I haven't voted for any of these programmes since the Will and Gareth days :bag: - and even then I backed a loser ... Blush :ninja:
22-10-2006, 03:51 PM
Tonight's show - 21 Oct
Patsy Wrote:Can't decide if Rod's impression of Bonnie Tyler was bad or good.

ooh I think you know, deep down in those places you don't like to go ... you know it was absolutely toe curlingly awful!!

It's quite an interesting dilemma the producers of X-factor must find themselves in every week now that they have a guest appearance the the X-factor folks have to sing a song from the guests' genre.

I mean they have to find someone with an impressive back catalogue of songs or styles and yet someone desparate enough to appear on the X-factor and sing one song for an audience who haven't paid to see them! Next week I see we have Tony Bennett! So far I wouldn't have put either Lionel or Rod based on their one song peformance through to the next round - let's see if Tone can do better!

and why was Rod wriggling his bum around in that embarrassing fashion? bee geebus it wasn't even attractive when he was a young(er) man. He's someone's grandad for goodness sake!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  25th November Show Patsy 23 7,725 15-04-2008 09:56 AM
Last Post: Patsy
  The opening show... Coastie 2 2,464 22-08-2007 09:22 AM
Last Post: MariaRob
  2nd December Show Patsy 31 8,125 12-12-2006 12:06 PM
Last Post: survivorfan
  Songs for Dec 9th Show Critique 13 5,170 09-12-2006 09:43 PM
Last Post: Coastie