Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tonights Show 27th August
28-08-2005, 04:41 PM

If we are not going to get our own slot then I am going to seperate the shows as I just don't know where to start...so there.

Watched last nights, this morning when I was doing the ironing. A good show, loved the lateness after Elt's Doo, great celebrity TV. Best contenders were:

The girl band - Addiction or something, I really think with proper training they will shape up
Fortune - always thought the were good and harmonised beautifully but last year they were very up their own bottoms - they were against another band from the same town wern't they, Southampton? What happened to them? But they certainly deserved to go through again - good luck to them.
The 16 year old with THE VOICE - what a lovely, lovely chap.
Tyrique - Oh so handsome and with a lovely voice, felt quite sorry for him it was probably the first time he had ever been knocked back in his life, this will do him good. Very marketable. I'd ave im....or would that be deemed improper :shutup:

And my boy Steve making an appearance on Xtra with Ben. Why oh Why oh Why (points of view stylee) do people have such a problem with this poor bloke, he's smashing. His big smile still makes me go gooey at the knee's.

A good show, loved the Cowel flirting with contestants - I think we are going to be let in on a more human side of the judges this time.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
28-08-2005, 04:46 PM (This post was last modified: 28-08-2005 04:49 PM by Patsy.)
The lovely young 16 year old chap was adorable, wasn't he. What about McKenzie, the 4 year old. Mixed feelings about that. He thinks he's won something. Will they give him a pseudo prize, do you think? They can't let him through because he's not old enough, but he should have something.

My favourite bit was the guy in Newcastle who was convinced he had everything, the one in the white suit with the woman who came in with him for support. What a pillock. Simon's one-line put-downs in the corridor outside were brilliant.

I've said already on the judges thread that I thought Louis was gutted that he hadn't let Fortune through last time, but wouldn't admit he had been wrong, even when Simon and Sharon badgered him about it. Why not just say something like "they are definitely better this year, but I stand by my decision last year, based on their performance then and the other contestants".
Find all posts by this user
28-08-2005, 04:52 PM
Yep, classic moment by man in piano tie

Piano Tie Man: "you will regret this Simon"
Simon "no I won't"
PTM "you made the wrong decision"
S "No I didn't"
PTM "you have been wrong"
S "No I havnt"

What a tosser....wake up and smell your self mate, you are made of this.. :pooh:
28-08-2005, 04:52 PM
Patsy Wrote:What about McKenzie, the 4 year old. Mixed feelings about that. He thinks he's won something. Will they give him a pseudo prize, do you think? They can't let him through because he's not old enough, but he should have something.

yeh a mother in touch with reality would be a good start!

I kinda agreed with Louis about Fortune ... I think the time for that type of "boy band" has passed by. There's probably not a lot of orginality about them. Whereas the Brothers last week seemed to have a bit of something else ... although personally I didn't rate them cos I just don't like vocal harmonisation stuff very much.

As for the woman was was backing singer on Meatloaf's song ... well I saw another woman as desparate as Rowetta, please don't subject us to that again!

I thought the bloke in the piano tie was a very natty dresser!! :sick: ... don't these people have mirrors?!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
28-08-2005, 04:57 PM
HOW COULD I FORGET DOROTHY!

No she shouldn't have gone through, but how could you let this little gem just slip away...she was so funny and adorable.

"Sorry I can't see you dear"
"Sorry I can't hear you dear, what did you say"

and best when Simon bought her out to meet Kate and said she was through...Kate "So you're going to Boot Camp"...Dotty, stumpling along " I havn't got a clue where I'm going dear"

WUNDERBAR!!

DOTTY TO WIN
28-08-2005, 05:02 PM
She was lovely and she made good telly, but what's the point of letting her through when she clearly WON'T win, Cat, however important your vote may be?

About Fortune, Dol, whether or not you or he think they have 'it', that's not my point. I think Louis was squirming. He let them through to the final 5 bands last time. They were better this time, in Sharon and Simon's opinion, but Louis wasn't going to let them through at all because his pride was hurt. I'm clearly no expert, but I actually think they are quite different. They're all dark-skinned, which is unusual, isn't it? There's usually a bit of a PC mixture in boy-bands these days.

Addictive Ladies (stupid name) were ok, but I don't think they'll cut the mustard.
28-08-2005, 05:04 PM
Patsy Wrote:About Fortune, Dol, whether or not you or he think they have 'it', that's not my point.

might not have been your point Patsy ... but it was mine!!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
28-08-2005, 05:06 PM
If you put two points together do you get a precipice?
28-08-2005, 05:07 PM
Patsy Wrote:If you put two points together do you get a precipice?

what point are you making now? i don't understand. should I be ashamed of my lack of education?

28-08-2005, 05:08 PM
I'm not making a point I'm going off on a tangent and asking a bleedin' question. Sheesh!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  25th November Show Patsy 23 7,563 15-04-2008 09:56 AM
Last Post: Patsy
  The opening show... Coastie 2 2,428 22-08-2007 09:22 AM
Last Post: MariaRob
  Tonights Final Bonsai 26 6,354 24-12-2006 07:35 PM
Last Post: Coastie
  2nd December Show Patsy 31 7,972 12-12-2006 12:06 PM
Last Post: survivorfan