Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toodlepip.............for now
16-05-2006, 05:40 PM (This post was last modified: 16-05-2006 05:46 PM by jaycee.)

Just a quick note chaps........

You may or may not have realised I haven't been around for a while.............my husband has been having health tests & the results have not been what we hoped.

Dave has advanced bowel cancer that has spread to his liver.........he is to undergo chemotherapy but the doctors have been quite blunt in telling us that this is only to buy him some time. His condition is terminal.

I'm sure everyone will realise this means my time for the foreseeable future will be taken up with other things & I doubt I will have time to post on here.

I've enjoyed every minute I've spent on here & have no doubt I will be back.

Speak to you all again sometime in the future & if anyone knows ANYTHING about the subject that they think might help, I would be eternally grateful.

Love to you all

Jackie xxx

PS. I know people don't like talking about this kind of stuff but bowel cancer is the 2nd most prevalent in woment & 3rd most in men. 95 people EVERY DAY are diagnosed & if you catch it early, it can be cured. Dave's symptoms were masked by the IBS he has suffered all his life. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if you notice any change in your toilet habits, then go to your doctors. A little embarrassment could save your life xx

I'm usually thin & gorgeous - today is my day off
http://www.boomspeed.com/egraphics/egg03063.gif
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-05-2006, 05:49 PM
That's horrible news Jaycee - I'm really sorry to hear that.
Good luck to you both. I hope everything goes ok.

Take care.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
16-05-2006, 05:53 PM
My heart goes out to you and Dave. What terribly sad news. My thoughts are with you.
16-05-2006, 06:04 PM
oh Jaycee :cry: , I hope things go well for you and your husband. You have always sounded like a strong family unit and I'm sure you'll be even stronger now.

take care ... and don't forget we are always here :good: :hug:

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
16-05-2006, 06:10 PM
What sad news Jaycee and of course you will want to make the most of your time together. When you are ready to come here again there are many friends here to help you through the bad times.
Find all posts by this user
16-05-2006, 06:12 PM
Jackie, I'd like to add my support too. And I fully endorse your final comments - it's our family curse and my GP got me onto a cycle of regular checks.

As Dol says, you do sound as if you have a strong family so take good care of each other.

xx

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
16-05-2006, 06:57 PM
Sorry to hear your news Jaycee
16-05-2006, 07:05 PM
I had wondered why you hadn't been around. So sorry to hear your news. Love and best wishes to you and your family. Take care of each other.

xx
16-05-2006, 07:11 PM
I feel so sad for you and the family Jaycee, words can't express it. I can only wish you the strength to face what lies ahead and I'm sure you know that we'll all be thinking of you. :hug:
16-05-2006, 07:20 PM
I would like to echo the thoughts and sympathies of all the others Jaycee. This is a terrible disease and my thoughts are with you all.

As Maz said, whenever you need a cyber hug pop in and see us and we shall willingly oblige.

Take care

xxx