Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Torchwood
06-11-2006, 11:55 AM
Torchwood

What a load of badly acted, badly written crap.

Torchwood is the spin off show from Doctor Who (which was superb). This show however, is utter and complete rubbish. Three episodes in and Ive seen better acting on Byker Grove......

Last nights episode featured a cyber woman who just happened to be secreted in a huge laboratory, filled with alien technology, unbeknownst to anyone but one of the team (didnt anyone ever wonder what the great big locked door was?).

It was possibly the worst acted programme Ive ever seen in my life, the most unexciting script (I was looking at the clock during the cyberwoman/Torchwood team chase scenes), and the worst CGI Ive ever seen when the team's Pterodactyl attacked the cyberwoman.

Yes, a pterodactyl. :glare:

As a lover of sci-fi, Id been looking forward to this show but after giving it three chances to improve, Im off to do something else when this is shown again. Cut me toenails or summink............ :sleep:

Liking the cut of your jib.........[Image: aniburns.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2006, 12:33 PM
Torchwood
I haven't watched this to be honest. It put me off when I found out it was not 'child friendly'. Doctor Who works for me because it is a family show, but I think you have to be a die hard Sci-Fi fan maybe to watch this. Just MO.

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
06-11-2006, 05:06 PM
Torchwood
First episode was good but second was very badly written. Enjoyed the third but have yet to see this weeks. On the whole watchable but don`t rate John Barrowman at all.

Torchwood is an anagram of Doctor Who for those of you who had not realised this yet Smile
Find all posts by this user
06-11-2006, 05:23 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2006 05:29 PM by Pandora.)
Torchwood
John Barrowman is so wooden, he closely resembles my skirting board.

Torchwood also seems desperate to hammer home the fact that its an adult sci fi show with same sex kissing scenes (obviously an unusual thing for the beeb), a graphic sex scene in a toilet, someone watching the scene on CCTV and cracking one off, and unnecessary four letter words that sound like they were put in for shock effect and are anything but.

Oh and last night we had a semi clad cyberwoman that was just screaming, "look, look everyone, its an adult show, theres a barely clothed woman in it, another same sex snog stuck in under the pretence of it being the kiss of life, and someones just said hard-on".

It just comes across as incredibly contrived and badly done.

Honestly, between the diabolical acting and poor scriptwriting, its just dreadful and Im not giving it anymore chances. I wont be watching this tripe again.

06-11-2006, 07:42 PM
Torchwood
Oh my...I sky+ the first two for my boys.....where the hell is the delete button.

I haven't let them watch it because someone did tell me it was quite grown up, but now they are definitely not watching it.

Thanks Pan.
Find all posts by this user
07-11-2006, 05:23 PM
Torchwood
Buzz Wrote:Oh my...I sky+ the first two for my boys.....where the hell is the delete button.

I haven't let them watch it because someone did tell me it was quite grown up, but now they are definitely not watching it.

Thanks Pan.

No probs Buzz. Im not a prude by any means, but its NOT for kids. The first two episodes were quite graphic.

07-11-2006, 07:01 PM
Torchwood
I haven't watched this but it is at this point where I shall point out that Eve Myles who plays Gwen Cooper in this show is my 2nd cousin or something like that. We're related somehow but I've never met her - think she was born in Wales and now lives in London. She was also on some Eastenders thing playing a young Dot Cotton, a few years ago!

Although, perhaps after reading these comments I shouldn't be admitting to this... :laugh:

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
08-11-2006, 04:43 PM
Torchwood
PJ Wrote:I haven't watched this but it is at this point where I shall point out that Eve Myles who plays Gwen Cooper in this show is my 2nd cousin or something like that. We're related somehow but I've never met her - think she was born in Wales and now lives in London. She was also on some Eastenders thing playing a young Dot Cotton, a few years ago!

Although, perhaps after reading these comments I shouldn't be admitting to this... :laugh:

No you shouldnt, she is bloody dire. :angry:

08-11-2006, 06:01 PM
Torchwood
Pandora Wrote:No you shouldnt, she is bloody dire. :angry:

be proud PJ! we all have to start somewhere!
10-11-2006, 07:22 PM
Torchwood
I may be a lone voice here - but I love Torchwood - Don't agree about the acting. They may ram the adult themes down our throat a bit but I thoughtthe scripts were well written and the show well acted - unmissable IMO"!

What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?