Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Touching the Void
08-08-2006, 03:28 PM
Touching the Void

Whatever you do watch this movie!

Its sort of a documentary-movie, a true story, but I still can't believe it.

You know they live from the start, because they are dictating what happened. You figure it must be bad, else it wouldn't be a movie. So I had this sort of "ok, impress me" feeling at the beginning....

And does it!

I can only imagine if I was Joe I wouldn't just have died trying to do what he did, I would have died about 10 times over, maybe 20. I couldn't even do that journey he did even if fully fit, and you consider the physical state he did it in, holy cow. Makes one wow with wonder.

Truly inspirational, and quite amazing!

(but I liked the Boney M thing and the line "I'm going to die to Boney M!". They must be at one end of the white light, I wonder which.)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2006, 05:37 PM
Touching the Void
I've seen this a few times G...it really is an excellent docu film...one of the best. It really makes you think about what you would do in such a situation!

I am watching the 'Alive' series at the moment which is basically a series of similar films...true stories where people have faced death and over come it...I think they have been made by the same people who made 'Touching the Void'. I have seen the first in the series before...a father and son on a trip to the mountains...father has to leave son to survive after they get lost in bad weather and then some...the last one was two guys who became lost in the rain forest of the Amazon and made it out alive.

Incredible stories all of them.:applause:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-08-2006, 11:55 AM
Touching the Void
I've seen those too Coastie. Is that the one where the guy, his wife and baby get lost in their car and then walk in the worng direction to try get help?

Ever since that one I will always make sure I have thermal undies and emergency gear if driving in remote areas in the snow!

I saw the jungle one too, that was pretty nasty.
Find all posts by this user
09-08-2006, 04:35 PM
Touching the Void
I'm a bit of a 'pack stuff for emergencies' kind of girl to G...If I'm going walking I always take my exceptionally load whistle and ensure my mobile phone is charged...if I'm going anywhere dodgey I have a survival bag aswell! :bag: I always have a bottle or two of water and some food for the journey and ensure I study the path as I go along so I can describe where I am just in case! Blush

Watching these programmes makes me think I might need more stuff! :laugh:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user