Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Travel Insurance
27-04-2005, 11:16 PM
Travel Insurance

I just realised that Mr G and I didn't have any insurance for our holiday which starts tomorrow so I had to book some in a hurry. Anyway it was more expensive than I expected and I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations I can add to my favourites so next time I'm not daft enough to leave it until the last minute.

Gel
xxx

Gel x
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
27-04-2005, 11:30 PM
Travel Insurance
I only go on short weekend breaks at the moment, so I use The Post Office Travel Insurance not sure what it is like for longer trips though!
27-04-2005, 11:32 PM
Travel Insurance
it didn't even occur to me to look there, and yet now you've mentioned it I remember something about ants Big Grin

thanks ILS, I will check it out for next time Big Grin

Gel x
27-04-2005, 11:38 PM
Travel Insurance
We have travel insurance free as we have a mortgage with C&G, through TSB ask your mortgage provider or bank if they have any special deals for existing customers.

I know a lot of insurances are way too expensive and also may not provide decent cover, Lloyds TSB bank itself also offer free insurance, so check them out, its worth opening an account (ask about a Select account) the cover is expansive and unlimited in that you can travel anywhere as many times as you wish and it also covers cars for breakdowns/courtesy cars in Europe).

Going through holiday companies and travel agencies is the most expensive way to do it!
In the last few years I must have saved many hundreds in insurance, so check banks etc for any deals going.

Good luck
M

Intergalactic Space Cat

[Image: wildchild.jpg]
Home of Jimi, the Wild Child.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-04-2005, 07:15 AM
Travel Insurance
Like ILS I use the Post Office - they are not the absolute cheapest but that isn't the point! If something DOES happen to you abroad (as it has to three people I have known) what you need is comprehensive cover and a good service - and the Post Office provides the best cover and (I am told) a very good service.

I did have to claim off them once for a flight delay of 34 hours and they were really good. Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-04-2005, 07:18 AM
Travel Insurance
As mr b works for the airline industry we get our insurance through them. But I know lots of people use Tesco's as they appear quite good.
28-04-2005, 07:30 AM
Travel Insurance
Oooho, is Mr B an airline pilot :w00t: ?

Or maybe, being married to Buzz makes him a baggage handler

Bollox to potplants
28-04-2005, 10:13 AM
Travel Insurance
I went to do our holiday insurance online but there wasn't any option to put in any pre-existing conditions. As Mr. C is diabetic and also suffered a minor heart attack a few years ago I was worried that they would refuse to pay for anything to do with that. Anyway the Online quote was something like £29.00 (for a week in Spain) but I popped into the little local insurance office and explained the situation to them. For an extra £10 we are now fully covered with all pre-existing conditions known to them so I thought it was well worth it for peace of mind.

Not heard of the Post Office one, would definitely check it out in future though.
28-04-2005, 10:17 AM
Travel Insurance
Critique Wrote:Not heard of the Post Office one, would definitely check it out in future though.

Well when I went to Jersey for the weekend, I just wanted one to cover me for the weekend as unfortunately pennies don't allow me to have longer breaks. It seemed to cover what I needed for £7, which was great!
28-04-2005, 11:05 AM
Travel Insurance
floopy Wrote:Oooho, is Mr B an airline pilot :w00t: ?

Or maybe, being married to Buzz makes him a baggage handler
:laugh: :laugh:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Life Insurance and other morbid things ... Bonsai 23 2,639 27-02-2007 04:11 PM
Last Post: msgirl
  Insurance scams floopy 33 2,378 10-08-2006 02:03 PM
Last Post: floopy
  Car Insurance. Northern angel 3 13,577 24-04-2006 01:48 PM
Last Post: survivorfan
  House Insurance Bonsai 4 7,845 31-03-2006 06:36 PM
Last Post: survivorfan
  Family Holiday Insurance survivorfan 14 2,000 25-02-2006 11:22 AM
Last Post: Bob
  Holiday Travel advice Bob 6 852 24-07-2005 01:34 PM
Last Post: Bob
  Travel heaven tonee 40 2,571 20-02-2005 10:54 AM