Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tre meets Dolores ...
24-09-2008, 06:02 PM
Tre meets Dolores ...

I've been rubbing shoulders with ex-Apprentice "star" Tre today - here's our pic! He came along to a business lunch I was organising as the guest speaker and I must say a thoroughly pleasant chap he was too!

d'oh - how do I put in pics from my pc?! I've forgotten more than I remember about the technicalities of SO! managed it - sorry about the hugeness of it!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
24-09-2008, 06:07 PM
Tre meets Dolores ...
Wow - Tre was my favourite of all the contestants. He used to make me literally howl out loud with laughter.

What was the business lunch in aid of? Was Tre funny in his speech?

I must say, you're looking bluddy marvellous Dol.

If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style.
24-09-2008, 06:20 PM
Tre meets Dolores ...
thanks Karen!

it was a local end of Enterprise project me and the team have been working on for local schools and busineses. Tre was very impressed with all that we've done (well he would say that wouldn't he!).

lets have another go at this bloomin' picture - here we go!

[Image: th_Impact003-1.jpg]

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
24-09-2008, 06:28 PM
Tre meets Dolores ...
Quote:Was Tre funny in his speech?

yes he was very amusing! he asked us to all put up our hands if we'd watched the apprentice - hands shot up.

he asked if we'd seen the series he'd starred in - hands stayed up.

he asked who thinks he should have won - hands came down!!! lol -he knew he'd get that reaction - and it was a good icebreaker.

we had a Q&A session at the end and mostly people asked about the apprentice. He said that he come across as brash and loud cos that's what it took to get camera time - which is really what they are all there for. He said that Lohit was a great bloke, really nice (which I think a lot of us commented on - my research for today consisted of going through old SO threads!) but he hardly got any airtime - cos he was too quiet.

he also said that it was gruelling - when the phone rings at 5.30am - it really does - and none of them are allowed to have alarm clocks or their personal mobiles.

It's not shot in real time (but I think we knew that) but about three tasks were shot over five days and they were days from 5.30am - 1.00am - and sometimes when the get back to the house they would have to prepare their own food - I thought they would have got it cooked for them!!

Also he said Surrallan was a bit of a misery guts! What Tre wasn't keen on was the fact that Surrallan would just appear off his jet, or out of his limo and until the cameras were running he wouldn't say a word to them - not even hello!

He also said the first time he met Surrallan he had a blue shirt and tie on and blue suit and he reminded Tre of Papa Smurf - and after that he couldnt be intmidaeted by Surrallan!

I did want to ask a question about Nick and Margaret (just to put mine and Mars' minds at rest about the hanky panky!!!) but didn't have the nerve!

great day - great bloke

(golly that's the longest post i've done here for yonks!!)

24-09-2008, 06:44 PM
Tre meets Dolores ...
Dolores Wrote:I did want to ask a question about Nick and Margaret (just to put mine and Mars' minds at rest about the hanky panky!!!) but didn't have the nerve!

Dol, frankly I am disappointed. You could have put an end to one of the great mysteries of The Apprentice!

Bah!

Must be the season for contestant spotting as well. I was in London yesterday and saw Saira from one of the first couple of series!

You're not born lazy, it's an acquired skill

[Image: pot004.gif] [Image: egg03064.gif][Image: 90725.gif][Image: 79735.gif]
24-09-2008, 06:51 PM
Tre meets Dolores ...
Mars Wrote:Dol, frankly I am disappointed. You could have put an end to one of the great mysteries of The Apprentice!

i know! I didn't know if I wanted him to confirm or deny it if I had of asked the question - all we can do now is just enjoy speculating on it!

24-09-2008, 06:56 PM
Tre meets Dolores ...
Dolores Wrote:i know! I didn't know if I wanted him to confirm or deny it if I had of asked the question - all we can do now is just enjoy speculating on it!

Then again, why would Tre be in on it? All he would have been able to do is pick up on the sexual tension.

Unless he was part of it...

You're not born lazy, it's an acquired skill

[Image: pot004.gif] [Image: egg03064.gif][Image: 90725.gif][Image: 79735.gif]
24-09-2008, 06:59 PM
Tre meets Dolores ...
Mars Wrote:Then again, why would Tre be in on it? All he would have been able to do is pick up on the sexual tension.

Unless he was part of it...

good lord - now's there's a thought! :shocking:

25-09-2008, 12:14 AM
Tre meets Dolores ...
Dolores Wrote:[Image: th_Impact003-1.jpg]

Sorry Dol, I missed the show, which is you and which is Tre??

"You can put lipstick on a pig...but it's still a pig!!!"
Find all posts by this user
25-09-2008, 11:29 AM
Tre meets Dolores ...
Groucho Wrote:Sorry Dol, I missed the show, which is you and which is Tre??

I'm the one without the facial hair - whoops that's not really much of clue is it!

I'm the one you would be more likely to get drunk enough to agree to have sex with you ... darn it also not much of a clue is it

Ok - I'm the one on the left ... or is it the right ... I forget ... let me look in my knickers for my name badge!