Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Typing Speeds
19-09-2005, 03:21 PM
Typing Speeds

Do you feel that your typing speed / quality has improved since being a member of this forum?

I think mine has. Im a typist by trade, although i rely quite heavily on the spell check :bag: But i have noticed that since typing on here most days my speeds have shot up and i dont make as many mistakes which inturn makes me more productive at work. In fact, i think my company should pay Haydon for the service - i mean, it would be cheaper than a course im sure.

So - are you a one finger typist, or a touch typist ? Ive noticed a lot of people take forever to post - is that because you are typing with one finger - or do you think long and hard about what you are posting ?

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-09-2005, 03:49 PM
Typing Speeds
My typing is pretty cr @p but deffo has got better over the last while. Probably do about 60 wpm comfortably, but my sis is eighty and my mate 85 + :shocking:

depending on the topic I either think long and hard and sometimes run out of courage and end up deleting posts, and other times I run off at the keyboard -just emptying my brain like a waste paper basket and I sometimes wonder 'wtf was i on when I typed that' sort of thing..

bam bam
Find all posts by this user
19-09-2005, 03:52 PM
Typing Speeds
Tigereye Wrote:I sometimes wonder 'wtf was i on when I typed that' sort of thing..

I often think that when i read your posts TE :devil:Tongue

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
19-09-2005, 03:54 PM
Typing Speeds
LOL!! And I can't even use a doobie or a glass or two of wine as an excuse as I only post at work ! Blush

bam bam
19-09-2005, 04:01 PM
Typing Speeds
I'm about 80+ wpm and I think that's why I've made so many posts. I'm constantly being told that I can't make more than one post in 30/60 seconds. It's very frustrating. :glare:
19-09-2005, 04:05 PM
Typing Speeds
I'm 90 + wpm with 95% accuracy.

It's great for quizzes. Wink

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
19-09-2005, 05:03 PM
Typing Speeds
last time i was tested mega years ago I was 85 wpm on a typewriter ... i actually think I'm slower on a word processor cos it is so easy to correct the mistakes!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
19-09-2005, 05:14 PM
Typing Speeds
I can touch type but I am not very fast.

I have never been a typist at work and I have never taken a speed test, but going from tiggs speed in the quizzes, I would say about 25/30 wpm :ohmy:
19-09-2005, 05:17 PM
Typing Speeds
tigger767 Wrote:I'm 90 + wpm with 95% accuracy.

It's great for quizzes. Wink

How come you've never beaten me then Tiggs? Must just be getting the answers wrong, eh? :wink_kiss
19-09-2005, 05:27 PM
Typing Speeds
I've always either had to use a typewriter or computer b/c of work. I'm about 80+ with fairly good accuracy. I'm left-handed and tend to shift my fingers over one place from the touch type position, which slows me up some. But I'm really fast at backspacing so it kinda evens out.?. Before I got addicted to you lot and this forum, I e-mailed a lot but find I'm on here more. Y'all have corrupted me...lol. :shocking: :bag: :w00t:

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure: