Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US rejects UK Katrina beef
15-10-2005, 08:14 AM

The US has rejected 350000 packaged meals sent to help Katrina victims, "because of mad cow disease".

full story here

The thing I find hard to swallow (pardon the pun) is this bit ... "The US State Department is now trying to pass on the ration packs to countries in the developing world."

Double standards, anyone?

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-10-2005, 09:24 AM
Not really a surprise is it. :glare:

"You cannot teach people anything. You can only help them discover it within themselves."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-10-2005, 10:06 AM
Fine, just don't send them anything again.

Oh, and this story was out just days after the hurricane, we did get this food to them very fast when it was urgently needed. Those now in Kashmir would be very grateful for it, but how long will it take the beurocratic US to send it to them? :glare:

[Image: chirol_nawa1.gif]
~Today is the youngest you will ever be~
15-10-2005, 02:46 PM
What gets me is that presumably they consider it unsafe for US consumption - but it's OK for the third world.

15-10-2005, 05:55 PM
The US has been so screwed up on everything since all of this started and this doesn't surprize me one bit. I believe we have raving idiots running our country at the moment!!! And I guess our people can starve rather than eat the meat that may or may not be 'contaminated', but let's be 'considerate' and give it to some one else just in case it might be something wrong with it. I truly consider becoming an expartiate moment by moment!!!

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure:
16-10-2005, 03:05 PM
Eating meat in the US is like sucking a sugar lollipop, that tastes of meat but has no substance!!

How bloody dare they!! :angry:

The meat that is sold to the vast majority of the US citizens is pumped with at least 12% sugared water to plump up the meat and make taste sweet!! Cos their beasts are skinny, withered and unhealty creatures, fed on Kak, so their meat in turn IS Kak!!!

God this irritates me so much!!!

The UK have the strictest and most stringent meat porducing policies in the whole wide world, and they dare to say our meat is unfit!! Get a life you fat Americans, and vote a president who will do you and the world good!!!:mad:

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

16-10-2005, 03:09 PM
Yay Flip!!! :thumbsup:

I have been to the US several times and was disgusted at what they call steak, I guess because I had heard so much about how good it was I expected it to be something special - it was dire. Their McDonalds was fit for nothing but the bin - even worse than ours, and as for US chocolate? Purleeeeze! Hersheys is like cardboard.

No offence to Americans on here, but you do get used to what you are marketed. Best steaks come fresh out of Northern Oz, or Argentina - trust me on that one!

16-10-2005, 03:25 PM
Eternity Wrote:Best steaks come fresh out of Northern Oz, or Argentina - trust me on that one!

Will do Nitts!! Will look forward to trying one.:thumbsup:

We had Rib of Beef for lunch today it was a year old beast brought up 1 1/2 miles away from here, by a mate of ours Simon. I bought it at the Nat. Trust Farm Shop after Church this morning - it was succulent, and I even nibbled some raw fat before I shoved it in the oven it was scrummy!!!

I love Americans and adore the country - but when it comes to food consumption - I am afraid I become terribly arrogant and say I know best. And I won't be shifted from that position!

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

16-10-2005, 04:44 PM
Eternity Wrote:Yay Flip!!! :thumbsup:

I have been to the US several times and was disgusted at what they call steak, I guess because I had heard so much about how good it was I expected it to be something special - it was dire. Their McDonalds was fit for nothing but the bin - even worse than ours, and as for US chocolate? Purleeeeze! Hersheys is like cardboard.

This is one sweeping generalisation I have to protest at - I have eaten great steaks in America, phenomonal rib roasts, and their McDonalds to me taste much the same as here (and the McD service is better and so is the coffee and you get free refills).

16-10-2005, 04:52 PM
Well, I don't know where you went, but I have done the US many times, but go veggie now on trips there. I will stand by what I say, the steaks are garbage. Try the ones I suggest above SF, and then tell me which is real!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Katrina vs the waves Slipper 62 4,073 25-09-2005 08:24 PM
Last Post: msgirl