Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Under rated artists/writers.
10-10-2005, 11:53 PM

Hello survivors,

After having read so many wonderful replies on the subject of artists who are over - rated.

Who do you feel from any given period of music, has been under rated or slighted?

These could be artists who maybe in there lifetime had only one hit. They could be artists who maybe had a few of there songs enter the charts but never within the first three positions.

Maybe some of the artists in question have been known as song writers as opposed to performers. For example; Carole king. Cat Stevens, Leo Sayer, Neil Sedaka. To name but a few.

Maureen
Northern angel.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-10-2005, 02:01 AM
Neil Hannon - The Divine Comedy
Justin Currie - Del Amitri
Brad Roberts - Crash Test Dummies

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
11-10-2005, 02:26 AM
Ooo ooo The Crash Test Dummies...cooooool! :w00t: Memories of two amazing summers in the States come flooding back! :thumbsup:

Delirious outsell Robbie Williams two to one in the states and yet they don't get a look in on the radio over here as they have chosen to stay independent and the radio will not play their music.....you see unless a band is signed by a big record label who pay radio stations oodles of cash, they do not get played....the big labels tell the radio stations that if they play stuff that isn't from them they they will not get to play their artists anymore....talk about spoilt little rich kid behavior....very immature!

I think there are a load of bands that do the pub gigging circuit that are under rated simply because they haven't had the break yet......

Keep your eyes open for:

Masters of the Universe (although I think they should change their name)

The Deads (have actually just got signed)

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-10-2005, 08:15 AM
Fee For All Wrote:Justin Currie - Del Amitri

I will think of my own later, but just let me ponder on this one for a while. :wub:
11-10-2005, 03:17 PM
Coastie Wrote:Ooo ooo The Crash Test Dummies...cooooool! :w00t: Memories of two amazing summers in the States come flooding back! :thumbsup:

Delirious outsell Robbie Williams two to one in the states and yet they don't get a look in on the radio over here as they have chosen to stay independent and the radio will not play their music.....you see unless a band is signed by a big record label who pay radio stations oodles of cash, they do not get played....the big labels tell the radio stations that if they play stuff that isn't from them they they will not get to play their artists anymore....talk about spoilt little rich kid behavior....very immature!

I think there are a load of bands that do the pub gigging circuit that are under rated simply because they haven't had the break yet......

Keep your eyes open for:

Masters of the Universe (although I think they should change their name)

The Deads (have actually just got signed)

Hello Coastie,

:ranting: I agree whole heartedly about this paying radio staions to be heard as wrong. The artist or artists in question are already paying with the promo music which is not promo to them, it has been considered as a percentage of the floor production costs for the CD in the first place. Secondly the record company pluggers are also paid as employees to do a job and I feel they have it rendered more difficult to do by having to negotiate cash figures for air time.

On the subject matter of bands and solo artists being under-rated due to not being signed this is also sadly true.

On a positive front though exposure from networking events ran and organised by local arts bodies is definitely worth the effort and in addition anyone who really wants to get heard can try registering with http://www.taxi.com

The issue of Robbie Williams, the americans have never liked him for his brash and rude manner. :angel_not

Maureen
Northern Angel

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Over rated artists. Northern angel 53 5,295 24-11-2005 12:12 PM
Last Post: bridge
  Over rated/Overpaid. Northern angel 2 609 13-10-2005 10:28 PM
Last Post: Fee For All