Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Verity goes
31-10-2004, 08:13 AM
Verity goes

Not surprising really. She didn't really seem hard enough for the cruel world of show-business.

And Steve wasn't even in the bottom 2! Well done Steve.....give us a smile!
Big Grin

"You can put lipstick on a pig...but it's still a pig!!!"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
31-10-2004, 09:39 AM
Verity goes
Groucho Wrote:Steve wasn't even in the bottom 2!

But he should have been! :mad:
31-10-2004, 11:02 AM
Verity goes
As soon as it was one of Simon's against one of the others it was a foregone conclusion that Simon's would go. But still, Verity was never going to win. She did look lovely last night though.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-10-2004, 11:05 AM
Verity goes
I was never a Verity fan and I could never see her cutting the mustard longterm, she just didn't have the backbone or skin thick enough to take the knocks.
31-10-2004, 11:47 AM
Verity goes
Verity had improved ten fold last night and lost the shake from her voice but still she was rightly in the bottom two. I wonder though if Sharon (who had the deciding vote) chose Verity to get back at Simon (it was down to him that Roberta left) I say this cos I'm seeing a side to Sharon O that I don't like. She did rave about Verity after her performance too. Two 2 go where so samey last night. All these love songs, I hope Peter gets what he wants next week- something that rocks, Simon suggested this, in fact I'm pleased to see that the other two judges despite their loathing of Simon have taken his advice. They all chose great songs this week and looked great too. The only point that me and Simon disagreed on this week (he's usually right) was his comments about G4. I loved their version of don't look back in anger (preferred it to last week's REM) and I don't think it has to be sung angrily like he suggests.

The winner says it may be difficult but it is possible; the loser says it may be possible but it is too difficult
:yahoo: He's here!
31-10-2004, 07:58 PM
Verity goes
I knew Verity would go if she was in the last two simply because Louis and Sharon have a bit of an alliance going but also because I genuinely don't think she's that good and she certainly hasn't got the self belief and confidence needed to get on in the business!

Can you imagine....the first bit of negative press and Simon would have to put any profits he's made out of her into getting her a therapist!

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
31-10-2004, 09:23 PM
Verity goes
I thought Verity was better than 2 to Go on last night's performance.

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
31-10-2004, 09:29 PM
Verity goes
Dolores Wrote:I thought Verity was better than 2 to Go on last night's performance.

I agree with you Dol Big Grin
31-10-2004, 09:42 PM
Verity goes
Yes but she's had her chance and didn't have the back bone to go for it so now let the youngsters have a crack! :Drinking:

[Image: animated_shark184f200.gif] [Image: AniDive.gif][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="5"]Eeek! [/SIZE][/FONT][Image: yachtsink.gif] [SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Don't panic...I'll save you...oh dear![/FONT] [/SIZE]
01-11-2004, 05:09 PM
Verity goes
Quote:The only point that me and Simon disagreed on this week (he's usually right) was his comments about G4. I loved their version of don't look back in anger (preferred it to last week's REM) and I don't think it has to be sung angrily like he suggests.

I agree with this too Bob, I don't think the song should be sung angrily either. In fact I don't think was sung in an angry tone by Oasis - the song suggest that you don't look back in anger, implying to me that you don't lose your head over things! Although I wasn't too keen on G4's version anyway sung in anger or not!

I agreed with everything else Simon said though........he really rocks does Simon! Big Grin

TRINITY JEWELLERY - DESIGNS THAT STAND OUT