Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Versatile Vegetables
31-07-2005, 01:48 PM
Versatile Vegetables

Whilst preparing spuds for lunch earlier I came across this little beauty and thought I would share. It is a potato in a perfect heart shape.

[Image: PICT0005.jpg]

Have you any interesting vegetables in your cupboards like me?

PS Fruit is OK too.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
31-07-2005, 02:03 PM
Versatile Vegetables
PMSL - I love the romantic touch - but that is MY kitchen table!!!:thumbsup:

Actually Cat you are probably just the lady to help me in a thinking dilemma. I need to suggest an animal to Naith for him to make out of vegetables for our local show on the 28th August.

Now I have seen Nessie [Loch fame], and I have seen an elephant - I need idea's and when an idea comes along - I need veg ideas to make it.

Do I start thinking of an animal and then think of veg to make it - or do I think of veg and think what does tht look like and think of the animal afterwards??:kid:

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

31-07-2005, 02:13 PM
Versatile Vegetables
Definately vegetables first...lay some out on the kitchen table and look at them with a free mind and see if any animals come to mind - just concentrate on the body...then you will know what add to it to make it work by using cocktail sticks, pipe cleaners, twigs, marker pen etc......................I want to make one now.

We could make this a competition couldn't we :w00t:
31-07-2005, 06:12 PM
Versatile Vegetables
Cat Wrote:We could make this a competition couldn't we :w00t:

Shall I give you a few days advance notice of when we make ours and then you can do one and we can take photos and see who's is the bestest, the funniest, the most realistic, the most scary and the most beautiful. [lots of catagories - so we both win!!:w00t: ]

The show date is the 28th August, and I have another show on the 4th September - so two animals - but if Naith wins with the first one - we may just replicate it for the second one.

31-07-2005, 09:35 PM
Versatile Vegetables
Nice picture Cat:thumbsup:

Flip, how about making a crocodile out of a cucumber. Cut the cucumber in half only going half way down the length of it, to make the mouth and cut in some zig zags to form the teeth. Then stick in olives for the eyes, a bit more creativity and you have a cucumber crocodile.

[Image: 429.gif]
31-07-2005, 09:48 PM
Versatile Vegetables
[Image: 11.gif]
31-07-2005, 09:54 PM
Versatile Vegetables
Andrea Wrote:Flip, how about making a crocodile out of a cucumber. Cut the cucumber in half only going half way down the length of it, to make the mouth and cut in some zig zags to form the teeth. Then stick in olives for the eyes, a bit more creativity and you have a cucumber crocodile.

Andrea - you sooooooo want to join in this don't you??

Well if Saturday teatime's cucumber was anything to go by he would have beeen the humpback of Notre Dame croc - it was so bendy!!!

But what a super idea - I don't think I have seen a croc yet!! Thank you fellow contestant!!!!:w00t:

01-08-2005, 11:10 AM
Versatile Vegetables
Just a tip that if you like mushrooms, STOP don’t grill them, steam them. Believe me a colleague told me about this and its fab. Just steam the mushrooms, if you don’t have a steamer just put them in a colander over a saucepan of water. The flavour and texture is fantastic. I will never grill and just shrivel mushrooms up again!!!!
Find all posts by this user
01-08-2005, 12:47 PM
Versatile Vegetables
MariaRob Wrote:Just a tip that if you like mushrooms, STOP don’t grill them, steam them. Believe me a colleague told me about this and its fab. Just steam the mushrooms, if you don’t have a steamer just put them in a colander over a saucepan of water. The flavour and texture is fantastic. I will never grill and just shrivel mushrooms up again!!!!

That's all well and good but have you got one made into an animal or of a bizarre shape?