Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virginia shootings
16-04-2007, 07:18 PM
Virginia shootings

A gunman has shot at least 31 people dead at a university in Virginia, making it the deadliest tradgedy of its kind in US history.
Here's a link to the story.
This is terrible. I hope the death toll doesn't rise any more.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Red"]Before criticising someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes...[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-04-2007, 10:22 PM
Virginia shootings
I saw some of this on the news tonight. Still, don't expect it'll make much odds to the gun brigade :bored:

[SIZE=3]

[url="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"]
[/url]
[/SIZE]
Find all posts by this user
17-04-2007, 06:32 AM
Virginia shootings
Horrible event. Was watching it all day. Still can't believe how they didn't do a thing after the first shooting 2 hours previous to the rampage.
17-04-2007, 08:24 AM
Virginia shootings
I think people who do things like that should be shot.

What Are Your Views On Forum Moderation?[Image: hatter.jpg]
17-04-2007, 12:57 PM
Virginia shootings
Seabreeze Wrote:Horrible event. Was watching it all day. Still can't believe how they didn't do a thing after the first shooting 2 hours previous to the rampage.

Yes the crass stupidity of the authorities is unbelievable. He shot two people, and they carried on with lessons as usual! The idiocy of certain of the American nation never fails to astound me! :cry:

:sun: : PUNKYFISH
18-04-2007, 12:09 AM
Virginia shootings
er, thank you punkyfish...I was looking at a Conference Agenda that I am scheduled to attend in mid-June to refer it to a fellow Director, and was stopped dead in my tracks b/c the very first day and the very first Plenary Session is "Cultural Competency/Lessons Learned" by Russell Jones, PhD. Virginia Tech University, Blacksburg, Virginia...the Conference title?? "Plan and Protect: Planning for Emergencies to Protect our Children"...it made me have goose flesh!!:ohmy:

http://www.southcentralpartnership.org/preparedness

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure:
18-04-2007, 10:29 AM
Virginia shootings
Er, sorry MS Girl - present company excluded of course! :sad:

:sun: : PUNKYFISH
18-04-2007, 03:32 PM
Virginia shootings
Punkyfish Wrote:Er, sorry MS Girl - present company excluded of course! :sad:

Its OK Punky ..... ive mailed you a huge shovel to assist you in digging that rather large hole you have started :laugh:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
19-04-2007, 06:46 AM
Virginia shootings
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! it's ok punkyfish...as about the only Colonial posting, I get my share of American comments. Slips lovingly refers to us as 'septics'...and I know that means 'septic tanks=yanks=Americans'...and then I'm from the South also, so my drawl is slow as my brain functions in some peoples minds, I'm just lucky all 'round.:sun:

I guess I'm Cornish...:unsure:
19-04-2007, 07:42 AM
Virginia shootings
are we shocked that an obviously mentally ill unstable young man is able to purchase a gun over the counter? I find it staggering and will never be able to get my head around the gun laws in some parts of America. Apparently as long as you don't have a criminal record you can buy a gun in Virginia ... doesn't a record of mental health concerns count at all?

scary, very scary stuff ... also so sad for those students/tutors who were shot or caught up in the incident. How do you get over that kind of stuff? mind boggling.

I used to work with an American company and liaised with the US regularly. I remember they sent an email to everyone in our company after the Dunblane shooting offering their sympathy. I was very touched by it actually. I'd like to send this message of sympathy into cyber space for everyone who has been affected by this (and I'm guessing that's a helluva lot of people worldwide).

Msg - out of interest what are the gun laws like where you live? and do many people that you know have a gun?

In our town we've got a very very odd shop that sells camping gear (which is why I go in there!!) it also sells air rifles, knives, cross bows and all manner of weaponry (not guns with ammunition though) and the types who hang around this shop are really scary types who can't string a sentence together with out using a swear word (ok, ok - that might include me aswell!). It reminds me of something out of South Park or The Simpsons!! Coastie do you know the shop I mean?! pop in there and see what you think - you would meet some very eccentric characters to inspire your writing!!

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...