Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vitamins
03-11-2004, 12:06 PM
Vitamins

Do you take any vitamins, or do you think you get the right balance within your normal daily food intake ?

I have been popping vitamins for many years now, and i do believe they work (although it could be just in my mind).

I take a multivitamin tablet, a omega fish oil tablet and glucosamine (sp) daily. I was recommended the glucosamine by my doctor as i have bad joints and 'touch wood' i havent injured my ankles / hips in a long while.

I do feel a lot better these days, and since taking the above vitamins (about 5 years now) i havent had a serious cold. In fact, i cant remember having a cold in years :confused:

I was watching tv the other day, and the doctor on there recommended that we should all take a daily vitamin C tablet as it will stop you getting colds - but if you do get one, take a tablet every 3 hrs for 2 days ... and the cold should be gone.

So now im thinking of getting vitamin C too :eek:

I'm not perfect, but im so close it scares me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2004, 12:08 PM
Vitamins
I find all the nutrients I need in coffee, alcohol and carpet cleaner.

No vitamins for me! Big Grin

"You can put lipstick on a pig...but it's still a pig!!!"
Find all posts by this user
03-11-2004, 12:12 PM
Vitamins
carpet cleaner :confused:

What are you doing face down, sucking the carpet .... or shouldnt i ask :shock:

03-11-2004, 12:14 PM
Vitamins
It's not a big problem, I'm dealing with it. Wink

03-11-2004, 01:35 PM
Vitamins
No, I don't take any supplements either. I did take Glucosamine for a while and it did help my gym worn knees, but it's blummin expensive, so I didn't buy any more after my last lot ran out.
03-11-2004, 01:37 PM
Vitamins
I know this is advertising, so delete this if you like, but i buy all my vitamins from http://www.zipvit.co.uk.

They are blummin cheap, and all my family and friends use them now. The vitamins get delivered in zip up clear bags so you arent paying for all the packaging.

Have a look.

03-11-2004, 01:43 PM
Vitamins
No, I don't take any vitamins or pills.
I'm currently getting my extra needs from a praline flakeBig Grin
03-11-2004, 01:57 PM
Vitamins
Is it not a bit dangerous buying drugs off the internet? :confused:

You dont really know what you're getting and have limited recourse if they make you ill.

03-11-2004, 02:00 PM
Vitamins
Groucho Wrote:Is it not a bit dangerous buying drugs off the internet? :confused:

You dont really know what you're getting and have limited recourse if they make you ill.

When you look at the vitamins it gives you a detailed description of what they do - and warnings too if they shouldnt be mixed with other things. I personally only buy 3 vitamins, and they are miles cheaper online (i have been using them for 5 years and it is a reputable company). If stupid people want to buy 100 different vitamins then they can do that whether its in a shop ... or online.

04-11-2004, 05:15 PM
Vitamins
Bonnie - IM humble O - I reckon you can get enough vitamins from your diet, and so in general I don't take any supplements.

However, if any of us are feeling pants, then the children get a tonic which I suppose is like a multi vitamin supplement. I will take extra Vit C, Cod liver Oil and, and I am already seeing probs with how to spell this but here goes: Echinnaecha [sp?].

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Vitamins??? claire 16 912 27-01-2005 07:21 PM
Last Post: Marmoset