Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VoR sends Huge Hugs ....
29-04-2005, 06:14 PM
VoR sends Huge Hugs ....

As you know I drove down to VoR's yesterday to say my goodbyes to her, and to deliver her 'SO Scrapbook'.

I arrived an hour late, at about 2pm [ish] and was greeted by a happy Voicey and Mr V. I had intended to present her with an small anitque Oak chest that she had long admired, with the scrap book inside [but the book was TOO big] so I gave her the chest. And then the book - she was very touched [well we already knew that!!]. And she started to read it - she got as far as about page 3 - and tears appeared. So she put it to one side and said she would read it later!!

She then gave me a pressie - OMG how happy is Flip - she gave me a Mulberry tan and chocolate brown handbag - yes a Mulberry handbag - OMG how fabulous is that??? It is soooooooooo ME!!

The children came in from school and then I then cooked tea for the Voice's at my behest! Mr V was delighted that I was there - we were able to share a bottle of Chateau neuf du Pape, preceeded by a bottle of New Zealand [of course] chardannay. The whole V family and me sat and discussed the Papal prophecies - the kids give a great slant on stuff! And it was so funny - V and the google!!

The kids went off to bed - they are superb children I wish they were mine! And me Voicey and Mr V watched Supersize Me and whinged the whole way through - it was quite hilarious.

Then we all went off to bed.

This morning Mr V [god he is a star] brought me a cuppa in bed, and then I got up and had breakfast with V and the children. Then me and Mr V walked the children to school whilst V got ready. I have to admit I set away crying as Sam and Ellie walked into the school grounds [a beautiful old Edwardian house surrounded by gorgeous plants]. Voice's children are beatuiful young people, really stunning - not like your usual teenager - they are wonderful.

Then me and V spent a happy morning looking a photos of NZ [OMG it looks totally superbly amazing] - then we spent a hilarious hour or so talking about SO. Then it was time for me to go - and we had both agreed not to cry cos we will be seeing each other in the next year or so!

Guess who cried?? Yeah me - I hugged them both and wandered off to the car feeling like my right arm had been cut off! I did shed some tears as I drove away - but I am completely useless and overly emotional!

Anyway - Voicey [or Jo] wants me to send huge hugs, loads of love and massive thank yous to every single person who has either: sent a letter, pm or email for the scrapbook. She is thinking of you all and wishes all the best.

She has indicated that the SO part of her life is over. And I accept that - but you never know she may be back - I hope so, but I am not holding my breath. There will be so much to be getting on with, a new life, a new house or three and new job, new schools, new friends, social life etc!!!

I would like you all to join me in thanking Jo for being a mod, for being here and being a friend to lots of people.

I always cook with wine, and sometimes I actually put it in the food.
[Image: pot002.gif]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
29-04-2005, 06:15 PM
VoR sends Huge Hugs ....
Oh pooh, I completely forgot. Blush

Lovely to hear the update, Flip.
29-04-2005, 06:56 PM
VoR sends Huge Hugs ....
Good on you flipster..I liked Jo...especially when she removed a couple of my posts. I had a stern PM...and we got chatting about running.

I wish her and her family well flip. Stay around tonight and we shall drink to her health (any excuse). When are they flying?

x
29-04-2005, 07:22 PM
VoR sends Huge Hugs ....
I will miss old Voicey .... I thought she was gonna return to the board once she had settled in NZ... :cry:

I have some lovely photos of her and will always remember her fondly....

... i only came online to visit Delia's site for tips on how to season a frying pan ...
29-04-2005, 09:29 PM
VoR sends Huge Hugs ....
Flip Wrote:I would like you all to join me in thanking Jo for being a mod, for being here and being a friend to lots of people.

Absobloodylutely:drinking:

I'm so glad you had such a lovely time Flip. It is hard when one of your bessiest mates goes to live half way around the world. Done that, been there.
I really liked and admired Voicey and she has been a huge support for me.
I understand about her saying no more to SO, but secretly I hope once she gets settled, another 6 months to a year, that SO pull will be affecting her.:wink2:

[Image: 429.gif]
29-04-2005, 09:31 PM
VoR sends Huge Hugs ....
Cat Wrote:When are they flying?

x

They are leaving the UK on the 8th May - next sunday. Although they leave their house on the 6th May to stay in a hotel - it is all so weird. I have never known anyone leave the UK for ever ... ever is such a long time!!

Dol Wrote:I will miss old Voicey .... I thought she was gonna return to the board once she had settled in NZ
I will too Dol, I thought she might as well. She may pop back on to update [this is wishful thinking on my part I hasten to add]. But I am not too sure about that ... I think SO is part of UK life that is being left behind.:cry:

29-04-2005, 11:23 PM
VoR sends Huge Hugs ....
I didn't really know VOR all that long but it's sad to say goodbye to someone who was obviously such a great asset to SO and such a nice person. They sound like a lovely family and I wish them all a lot of happiness in their new life. I, too, wonder if the pull of SO will, hopefully, bring her back once she has settled in.
30-04-2005, 12:01 AM
VoR sends Huge Hugs ....
Awww its good to know she is okay and happy. Thanks for taking our messages/letters/cards to her Flip.

Im sure we havent seen the last of her on here.

PS. flip, what are the papal prophecies ? :blink:

Liking the cut of your jib.........[Image: aniburns.gif]
30-04-2005, 06:02 AM
VoR sends Huge Hugs ....
Pandora Wrote:PS. flip, what are the papal prophecies ? :blink:

It's Pope busniness Pan.
30-04-2005, 10:16 AM
VoR sends Huge Hugs ....
Cat Wrote:It's Pope busniness Pan.

This is true - check out the Pope thread, incidentally tiddles came into the bathroom this morning whilst I was in the shower, and said 'Mummy I have the Pope!'. And I didn't really know what he meant, so I asked him to show me, it is wobbly glass and you can't really see through it - so he held something up against the glass.

It turned out to be the POST!! Thankfully Ratzinger was not in my bathroom!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  VoR Sends Big Hugs from NZ Flip 14 903 14-05-2005 08:29 PM
Last Post: Andrea