Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voicey - NZ
15-11-2007, 12:13 PM
Voicey - NZ

I have peeps going out your neck of da woods next month. Any tips or must do's?

bam bam
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-11-2007, 12:17 PM
Voicey - NZ
oops, maybe this should have been in travel....Huh

anyhoo, I know it's a big country but they have 5 weeks there so should get around a bit, if ya know what I mean....

any inside info appreciated!:kid:

bam bam
15-11-2007, 10:23 PM
Voicey - NZ
I think I must have fallen through a worm hole [SIZE="1"](it could be possible ya know!)[/SIZE] and gone back through time [SIZE="1"](i'm pushing it now)[/SIZE]. Voicey on SO? Huh I thought she'd "left"? Well if she hasn't... welcome Voice.

NZ - one of the most amazing places on Earth so I've been told. I'm very jealous of your peeps Tigereye.

Haydon

[Image: pot001.gif]jobs kent
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-11-2007, 05:56 AM
Voicey - NZ
Hi TE!

With 5 weeks to play with they should be able to get round the majority of the 'Must See' sites in NZ. Are they doing the motor home thing?

The biggest hurdle really is that there are often long distances (3 hour + drives are not uncommon) between places, especially on South Island. However, as one of NZ's biggest attractions is its scenery, the drives are really a pleasure and are brilliant way to see more of the country.

There are lots of websites that offer suggested routes which take in the main sites of interest (geothermal reserves, Maori sites of interest, museums (Te Papa in Wellington is brilliant) waterfalls, mountains, the fiordlands of South Islands, lakes and heaps more!

This is a site we often use: http://www.aatravel.co.nz/101-must-dos-f.../index.php

I know I'm biased but it really is a beautiful country and there's heaps to see, your friends won't be bored that's for sure! Smile

It's just coming on summer now and we've had some stunning weather this week, our pool at home was finished last month and it's getting plenty of use now. Mr V's parents are coming out for a visit in a couple of weeks and we are looking forward to showing them around a bit.

Hope that helps Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  When Voicey met PJ Voice of reason 17 881 22-07-2005 07:10 AM
Last Post: PJ